Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Forgetting events? No.
But forgetting emotions? Yes, and in the most part that is a healthy and inevitable outcome.

There’s also a wave of about-to-be college students who weren’t alive before 9/11, who’s emotions are about as detached as it is possible to be, that changes conversations.
Noir, I don't walk around carrying my emotions regarding 9/11 on my sleeve, but it's there just under the surface and when I see photos or videos of that time my emotions are front and center ... because that's just how deep the cut is.

I didn't lose anyone that day but did lose friends in the war afterwards. The pain fades but the emotions will always be there.

I wasn't alive when Pearl Harbor happened but I will get emotional when I see clips of that day.

How can you even think its healthy to forget emotions related to such devasting events? Hopefully, its those emotions that keep us vigilant against those who wish to repeat the ugliness they caused.

It's not unhealthy to keep the emotions ... it's only unhealthy if they interfere with functionality.