Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Local school reinstates paddle policy

No doubt the liberals are opting out! And I have to wonder how long before one of them files some sort of abuse lawsuit, even if it doesn't involve them, and it's legal.

I remember when I was in catholic school to prepare for my communion and confirmation, and the nuns wouldn't hesitate to whip out a ruler on you if you were bad! It was more embarrassing and scary than it was painful in any way. I surely learned to behave in school and not disturb the class!

---

Local school reinstates paddle policy

HEPHZIBAH, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- An area school recently sent home consent forms informing them of a new corporal policy at an area school. The superintendent says they’ve received a little over a hundred forms back, a third of them giving consent to paddle their child.

In this school, we take discipline very seriously,” said Jody Boulineau, Superintendent of GSIC.

GSIC is going old school with a new policy for this year.

"There was a time where corporal punishment was kind of the norm in school and you didn't have the problems that you have,” the Superintendent said.

You heard that right. Georgia School for Innovation and the Classics, a K through 9 charter school, is bringing back paddling students as a form of discipline.

"It's just one more tool that we have in our disciplinary toolbox that we can use,” Superintendent Boulineau said.

Parents got a "consent to paddle form" asking them if they're ok with administrators hitting their child with a wooden paddle.

"There's no obligation, it's not required. A parent can either give consent for us to use that as a disciplinary measure or they can deny consent," he said.

The form spells it out: a student will be taken into an office behind closed doors. The student will place their hands on their knees or piece of furniture and will be struck on the buttocks with a paddle.

The form says no more than three licks should be given. Superintendent Boulineau says the parent response has been across the board.

" I've heard 'great, it's about time, 'we're so glad that this is happening again, they should've never taken it out of schools'. All the way to 'oh my goodness I can't believe you are doing that'."

A controversial policy that hasn't been around for years. If parents opt out of paddling, they have to agree to up to 5 days of suspension.

Rest - http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Loc...492634691.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

My autograph is on more than one paddle (probably behind glass as a relic now ). I was like a magnet for them damned things.

I honestly believe that our left-leaning, legislate from the bench society that has empowered the "inmates" while emasculating the authority figures has down us, our children and our future society a GREAT disservice.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Elessar, Drummond, NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

One time in a math class I got accused of talking and the teacher, known for loving to give kids "the board," told me to stay after class. After class he told me to go in his back office, I did, he got out his board and told me put my hands on his desk and I said "no." He told me again to put my hands on the desk and I said, "no, not now, not ever, you're not going to hit me with that thing." His face got beet red and he told me to report to the office. I left and reported to the office and was directed into the principles office. HE asked me what had happened, and I told him that others had been talking but I was the one that got singled out. He said regardless I had to respect the teachers authority. I told him giving me the board wasn't part of his authority, and the principle said yes it is. Well, that meeting ended and then my Dad got wind of what happened. He went down to the school and went into the office and demanded to know where this math teacher was. They wouldn't tell him, but the principle heard the commotion and came out of his office and asked what was going on. Long story short, my Dad got up in his grill and said if any teacher ever laid a hand on one of his kids at that school, he'd be back and square off with that teacher. When the principle attempted to purport that it was up to the teachers discretion whether or not to give a student the board, my Dad replied that it was then his discretion whether or not he'd kick that teachers ass, and that was the end of that. Dad said if my kids do something wrong, you tell ME, and I will discipline them, NOT YOU. You don't EVER touch one of my kids.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-13-2018 at 03:11 PM.

6. Thanks Drummond, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Physical abuse of a child is never right. When you resort to abuse it means you have failed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    No doubt the liberals are opting out! And I have to wonder how long before one of them files some sort of abuse lawsuit, even if it doesn't involve them, and it's legal.

I remember when I was in catholic school to prepare for my communion and confirmation, and the nuns wouldn't hesitate to whip out a ruler on you if you were bad! It was more embarrassing and scary than it was painful in any way. I surely learned to behave in school and not disturb the class!

---

Local school reinstates paddle policy

HEPHZIBAH, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- An area school recently sent home consent forms informing them of a new corporal policy at an area school. The superintendent says they’ve received a little over a hundred forms back, a third of them giving consent to paddle their child.

In this school, we take discipline very seriously,” said Jody Boulineau, Superintendent of GSIC.

GSIC is going old school with a new policy for this year.

"There was a time where corporal punishment was kind of the norm in school and you didn't have the problems that you have,” the Superintendent said.

You heard that right. Georgia School for Innovation and the Classics, a K through 9 charter school, is bringing back paddling students as a form of discipline.

"It's just one more tool that we have in our disciplinary toolbox that we can use,” Superintendent Boulineau said.

Parents got a "consent to paddle form" asking them if they're ok with administrators hitting their child with a wooden paddle.

"There's no obligation, it's not required. A parent can either give consent for us to use that as a disciplinary measure or they can deny consent," he said.

The form spells it out: a student will be taken into an office behind closed doors. The student will place their hands on their knees or piece of furniture and will be struck on the buttocks with a paddle.

The form says no more than three licks should be given. Superintendent Boulineau says the parent response has been across the board.

" I've heard 'great, it's about time, 'we're so glad that this is happening again, they should've never taken it out of schools'. All the way to 'oh my goodness I can't believe you are doing that'."

A controversial policy that hasn't been around for years. If parents opt out of paddling, they have to agree to up to 5 days of suspension.

Rest - http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Loc...492634691.html
    We paddle at our school. With parental consent. Believe it or not, more parents consent then not.

9. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Physical abuse of a child is never right. When you resort to abuse it means you have failed.
    It can be a matter of perspective. I do not condone abuse at all. Once a math teacher smacked my hands and the
    back of my head for 'talking in class' while we were all directed to put our heads on the desk. I had not uttered a peep,
    so teacher was wrong. Mr. XXXXXX was in a foul mood.

Dad was home from 'Nam, and I told him about it. He went to the school next day and pulled Mr. XXXXX aside, telling him
    if he ever touched one of his kids again without justification, He would have his head ripped off.

I never spanked my boy Neil but once for darting into oncoming traffic in Belmont Shore CA. He was spoiled rotten
    by his G-mother on my ex-wife's side. He looked at me and said "That didn't hurt". I told him "you had better hope
    it never does". Only other time was when I flicked his cheek with a stinger when he mouthed off to me. Never happened again.

Too many liberals fail to discipline and raise their kids, thinking it is society's burden - or they flat out do not give
    a damn.
    Last edited by Elessar; 09-14-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

11. Thanks Drummond, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Oh shut up with your "physical abuse" bullshit. And you are wrong. Pain is a GREAT motivator. Without abuse, pantywaist bitch. Spanking is only "abuse" if it's abused. Except for little snowflakes of YOUR ilk.

You make me sick sometimes with your leftwingnut, pansy-ass shit.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar, Drummond, STTAB thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My parents told me I better not ever get spanked in school because the one I would get when I got home would be 10 times worse. My parents WERE abusers ... I never got spanked at school.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

15. Thanks Drummond, Gunny, NightTrain, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    One time in a math class I got accused of talking and the teacher, known for loving to give kids "the board," told me to stay after class. After class he told me to go in his back office, I did, he got out his board and told me put my hands on his desk and I said "no." He told me again to put my hands on the desk and I said, "no, not now, not ever, you're not going to hit me with that thing." His face got beet red and he told me to report to the office. I left and reported to the office and was directed into the principles office. HE asked me what had happened, and I told him that others had been talking but I was the one that got singled out. He said regardless I had to respect the teachers authority. I told him giving me the board wasn't part of his authority, and the principle said yes it is. Well, that meeting ended and then my Dad got wind of what happened. He went down to the school and went into the office and demanded to know where this math teacher was. They wouldn't tell him, but the principle heard the commotion and came out of his office and asked what was going on. Long story short, my Dad got up in his grill and said if any teacher ever laid a hand on one of his kids at that school, he'd be back and square off with that teacher. When the principle attempted to purport that it was up to the teachers discretion whether or not to give a student the board, my Dad replied that it was then his discretion whether or not he'd kick that teachers ass, and that was the end of that. Dad said if my kids do something wrong, you tell ME, and I will discipline them, NOT YOU. You don't EVER touch one of my kids.
    Don't know how it was when and where you went to school, but here and in Miami, you'd have taken the licks. Unless your idea of standing up to teachers includes a 3 day suspension with zero's for grades in each class each day for all 3 days. Now if your plans for summer break included summer school to make up a semester for those zeroes I guess you could consider it worth it. It wasn't up to you anyway. It was the choice given your parents. 3 licks or 3 days. My parents weren't giving me a 3 day vacation for fucking up. Not to mention all the family summer shit you screw up when you toss summer school into the works.

Your dad could could go to the school board here and he'd get the same answer. It's the way it was. THEN there's all the kids in school who would know faster than you could get out the door that "mommy and daddy got you out of licks".

No thanks. I just took the licks. Was a lot easier, less time consuming and I could get my ass back to working on my next screw up

17. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Don't know how it was when and where you went to school, but here and in Miami, you'd have taken the licks. Unless your idea of standing up to teachers includes a 3 day suspension with zero's for grades in each class each day for all 3 days. Now if your plans for summer break included summer school to make up a semester for those zeroes I guess you could consider it worth it. It wasn't up to you anyway. It was the choice given your parents. 3 licks or 3 days. My parents weren't giving me a 3 day vacation for fucking up. Not to mention all the family summer shit you screw up when you toss summer school into the works.

Your dad could could go to the school board here and he'd get the same answer. It's the way it was. THEN there's all the kids in school who would know faster than you could get out the door that "mommy and daddy got you out of licks".

No thanks. I just took the licks. Was a lot easier, less time consuming and I could get my ass back to working on my next screw up
    I was a little hoodlum in high school. We're talking 1970 to '73, and I had an attitude. I didn't care if I got suspended or not, I hated school and hated most of the teachers, and they hated me, and no way in hell was I going to let any one of them touch me. If they had tried I'd have fought back, win, lose or draw. You hit me, I'm hitting you back, and I was a farm boy that worked my ass off so I'm pretty sure I could have held my own. That's why I was in Wrestling for the last 6 years of school. I was tougher than nails and so was my Dad, an ex Navy boxer that rolled around massive rolls of paper weighing I don't know how many tons as a Master Pressman plus work the farm. My mom said it was killing him and that's why we finally sold the farm. I wish he'd have quit the printing instead. My Paw was an only boy with 4 sisters, and his Dad was a farmer that painted on the side and drank too much, and he treated everyone like shit when he was drunk. My Dad was considerably a better man than his Dad, but that's not to say that my Dad wasn't a hard ass either, because he was. Like father, like son.

I did have to take a UW extension class worth half a credit to graduate. I flunked one semester of English, but the school said I could take ANY extension class worth that half a credit, and if I passed it they'd sign my diploma. Well I took a UW extension class in Auto Engine Mechanics. I took a three month extension class in three WEEKS and got an A-. Surprised the hell otta all those ass clowns at school. They signed my diploma, I graduated, never looked back. They were happy as fuck to get rid of me and I was happy as fuck to get the hell otta there. High School was one of the worst experiences of my life.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-14-2018 at 10:41 AM.

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Oh shut up with your "physical abuse" bullshit. And you are wrong. Pain is a GREAT motivator. Without abuse, pantywaist bitch. Spanking is only "abuse" if it's abused. Except for little snowflakes of YOUR ilk.

You make me sick sometimes with your leftwingnut, pansy-ass shit.
    Noted that you support the physical abuse of children. Thanks!

If your best option is to strike a child then you have FAILED as a parent.
    Last edited by pete311; 09-14-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Noted that you support the physical abuse of children. Thanks!

If your best option is to strike a child then you have FAILED as a parent.

As usual, you misread everything posted.

He DOES NOT CONDONE the wanton use of corporeal punishment,
    but also does not condone the lack of parental assessing social behavior,
    punishment as needed, and guidance.

No....I am not for whacking kids on every occasion, but a swift smack to
    the butt is needed....and should be done by parents when the kid 'acts out'.

You lose again, @pete311
    You are all for raising a generation of spoiled whiners that cannot pour
    piss out of a boot without some liberal watchdog to help them
    Last edited by Elessar; 09-14-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

22. Thanks Drummond, Gunny, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

No, it means that you do what you must in order to make sure the child behaves.

If there's no freedom to ever chastise a child, what's left to you ? Sometimes a child will ignore you .. and continue to misbehave, ignoring all you say. How do you correct that ?

Trying to reason with the child is an option, IF the child will listen, IF that child is open to reason, or even understands your reasoning. If not ... what do you do ? Withhold meals, maybe ? Tell me, Pete, do you favour malnourishing a child ?

There's an alternative ... smack the child. No actual harm is done, and the fleeting pain will be something no child would (in the vast majority of cases) want to have again. The deterrent factor is there -- balance is restored.

Of course, Pete, Lefties worldwide aren't sensible and logical enough to ever want to understand such an argument. Here, in my part of the world, Pete, Leftie nonsense gets greater traction:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-41678797

Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland, the Scottish government has confirmed.

The move would make the country the first part of the UK to outlaw the physical punishment of children.

Ministers had previously said they did not support parents using physical chastisement, but had "no plans" to bring forward legislation of their own.

But the government has now confirmed it will ensure a bill lodged by Green MSP John Finnie will become law.

And it is understood that ministers will work with Mr Finnie to implement the bill in practice.

His proposals, which were out for consultation over the summer, would give children the same legal protection as adults.

At present, parents in Scotland can claim a defence of "justifiable assault" when punishing their child - although the use of an "implement" in any punishment is banned, as is shaking or striking a child on the head.
    Scotland, 'of course', is run by the SNP ... Scotland's nationalistic LEFTIES.

I bet you're proud of them, Pete, eh .. ?

The madness is spreading. Courtesy of the Guardian (who else ?):

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ed-in-scotland

The children’s commissioners of Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland are calling for a UK-wide change in the law after the Scottish government confirmed its support for a ban on smacking children.

Scotland is to become the first part of the UK to introduce an outright ban on the physical punishment of children, after the Scottish government said it would ensure that a member’s bill became law.

John Finnie, the justice spokesperson for the Scottish Greens, has proposed removing the defence of “justifiable assault” from Scottish law, giving children the same legal protection as adults.

Along with leading children’s charities, the children’s commissioners for Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland have welcomed the development but expressed concern that legal protection from assault could now vary depending on a young person’s location.

Calling for the law to be changed at UK level, Anne Longfield, the children’s commissioner for England, said: “The current legislation in England, which grants an exemption from the law on common assault to allow the physical punishment of children, is outdated. It should be updated to reflect what the vast majority of parents believe: that hitting children is wrong and that there are better and more effective ways of disciplining children and encouraging positive behaviour.”
    Of course, nobody is saying what those 'better and more effective ways', ARE ....

Could it be that lack of discipline applied to kids early enough, is responsible for this .. ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38237496

Knife crime is on the rise across the UK, particularly in London, and police say most of those caught carrying blades have no links to gangs. So why are more young people carrying knives?

"There are situations where your fists aren't going to help you. That's why people carry knives. People are scared."

Dontae, 15, from south-east London, has never been in a gang, although he says he has carried a knife in the past.

He believes boys carry blades because they want protection from each other.

"They're thinking, if there is sufficient danger, then I'm going to pull it out, threaten with it then get rid of it.
    Where did the knife-carrying culture come from, Pete ? Why is is particularly prevalent amongst youngsters ? H'mm ?

PETE, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN IT ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 09-14-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

24. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    No, it means that you do what you must in order to make sure the child behaves.

If there's no freedom to ever chastise a child, what's left to you ? Sometimes a child will ignore you .. and continue to misbehave, ignoring all you say. How do you correct that ?

Trying to reason with the child is an option, IF the child will listen, IF that child is open to reason, or even understands your reasoning. If not ... what do you do ? Withhold meals, maybe ? Tell me, Pete, do you favour malnourishing a child ?

There's an alternative ... smack the child. No actual harm is done, and the fleeting pain will be something no child would (in the vast majority of cases) want to have again. The deterrent factor is there -- balance is restored.

Where did the knife-carrying culture come from, Pete ? Why is is particularly prevalent amongst youngsters ? H'mm ?

PETE, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN IT ?
    Ya'll talk about the need for proper parenting and then you go out and condone physical abuse of your own child. Again, hitting your child makes you a shitty parent. Means you're dumb as rocks with no ideas on how to parent if you child can't behave without being physically abused. I could never imagine beating my own child.

I don't have any idea what your last comment about knives is about. Total non-sequitur strawman.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Ya'll talk about the need for proper parenting and then you go out and condone physical abuse of your own child. Again, hitting your child makes you a shitty parent. Means you're dumb as rocks with no ideas on how to parent if you child can't behave without being physically abused. I could never imagine beating my own child.

I don't have any idea what your last comment about knives is about. Total non-sequitur strawman.
    You think that a properly disciplined child, one taught a decent perspective of right v wrong (as should follow from a well-balanced upbringing) will then go on to carry a knife, and be prepared to use it on innocent victims ??

The UK has seen a steep rise in knife crimes. Over the same period, our Left wing has insisted that physical chastisement is wrong, an abuse of the child. You see no connection ?

Seriously ?

Pete, as strong as you are about condemning physical so-called 'abuse' on a child (which is really nothing of the kind) ... I haven't seen you offer workable alternatives. So ...

... if dealing with a child that willfully refuses to listen to what a parent says, and just keeps on being disobedient, unruly ... what alternative discipline would you apply ? Tell us of your alternatives, Pete.

Remember ... you can't send the child to his/her room minus a meal. That, too, is 'abuse' (or do children not have any right to eat meals, or proper nutrition ?). So, come on, Pete. Offer 'better' alternatives, equal to, or greater than, physical smacking or 'paddling', that have comparable chances of succeeding .....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

27. Thanks Elessar, Gunny thanked this post