Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    If your best option is to strike a child then you have FAILED as a parent.

Wrong.

Spanking is the ultimate form of punishment, levied when the kid calls your bluff. When that happens, you make sure it's painful so that you never have to do it again.

I spanked my kids a few times, it was reserved for when the reasoning clearly wasn't getting through and there was rebellion afoot, and it needed to be crushed. Ultimately, you have to show that you have the upper hand, and they WILL do what you say. If you can't establish that, then all is lost and you get emo freaks and 32 genders. That's how that happens.

You, Pete, never got spanked. It shows with your lack of respect and a lack of core. Your parent(s) failed you as a kid, and now you don't know how to raise your own. Or stick up for yourself. Or even what is right or wrong, you've demonstrated that already with the USMB thing. You totally rely on Police to keep you safe, and that's only if they see someone transgressing against you - you won't even report it. Honestly, I don't even understand how a male can function like that, but I'm not judging.

A good example is my sister, who is a year younger than I am. I used to get my ass beat, violently. Daily. Lori never did. Lori had a daughter a year younger than my son, they both were normal kids until about 7th grade and my niece started pasting black lipstick & eyeliner while powdering her face white, doing that weird goth emo shit that was going around.

I told my sis that she'd better get a handle on that shit, and she told me that she was "just expressing herself". We argued for hours, but she would not agree that she should reign in that freaky behavior.

Fast forward a year, and my niece looked like she'd fallen face first into my tackle box. Now there's purple hair and she's a vegan. Oh, but she still likes bacon. I asked how that works with a vegan eating bacon, and she told me to fuck off, mind my business... and her barbell in her eyebrow waggled indignantly at me. Oh, my bad. I told my sister that my niece is no longer allowed at my house.

2 years later, she's working a subway job for a week before being fired, to a mcdonald's job for a week before being fired, to a petstore for a week before being fired... and it's all everyone else's fault. She doesn't even know what gender she is, or even what gender she likes.

My niece is one fucked up unit, and I watched the whole thing happen, helplessly from the sidelines.

She never got her ass paddled for fucking up. No respect for others leads to no respect for oneself.

I looked the other day on Facebook to see how she's doing, and she seriously was asking publicly to her fellow crowd of weirdos what gender she is. The sad part is, there was no consensus. She doesn't know, they don't know. I think they had it narrowed down to about 7 before I logged off in disgust.

In Anchorage Fucking Alaska.

I can't imagine how things are in Milwaukee these days.

So, Pete, there's the result of your "hands off" parenting technique, advice given from you, who can't stand up for himself in the real world.

My son, conversely, is a 3rd year apprentice in the IBEW, learning to become a Lineman. He is working 6/10s, owns his own home, married, one daughter and a loving wife that runs her own Jiu Jitsu academy with her Dad. I gave him a swat on the ass for the last time when he was 9 for a stupid stunt he pulled out in the yard. He is respectful, loving, courteous, polite, and a hard worker.

And that's because I made him that way.

Who do you think is going to have the better life, Pete?

Same family, same schools, same time, different parental philosophy. Wildly different results.

I know that you know the answer, but you won't admit it.

My niece is an unbelievably miserable human that hates herself, everyone around her, America, capitalism, and especially Republicans. Oh, she hates Republicans something fierce. And me. Even though I let her take my new Jeep to pass her driving test because she didn't have anything and taught her how to parallel park an hour before her test. She didn't even say Thank You. I helped her because my sister asked me, but I won't do it again - people like that don't deserve help, family or not.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 09-15-2018 at 03:52 AM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Wrong.

Spanking is the ultimate form of punishment, levied when the kid calls your bluff. When that happens, you make sure it's painful so that you never have to do it again.

I spanked my kids a few times, it was reserved for when the reasoning clearly wasn't getting through and there was rebellion afoot, and it needed to be crushed. Ultimately, you have to show that you have the upper hand, and they WILL do what you say. If you can't establish that, then all is lost and you get emo freaks and 32 genders. That's how that happens.

You, Pete, never got spanked. It shows with your lack of respect and a lack of core. Your parent(s) failed you as a kid, and now you don't know how to raise your own. Or stick up for yourself. Or even what is right or wrong, you've demonstrated that already with the USMB thing. You totally rely on Police to keep you safe, and that's only if they see someone transgressing against you - you won't even report it. Honestly, I don't even understand how a male can function like that, but I'm not judging.

A good example is my sister, who is a year younger than I am. I used to get my ass beat, violently. Daily. Lori never did. Lori had a daughter a year younger than my son, they both were normal kids until about 7th grade and my niece started pasting black lipstick & eyeliner while powdering her face white, doing that weird goth emo shit that was going around.

I told my sis that she'd better get a handle on that shit, and she told me that she was "just expressing herself". We argued for hours, but she would not agree that she should reign in that freaky behavior.

Fast forward a year, and my niece looked like she'd fallen face first into my tackle box. Now there's purple hair and she's a vegan. Oh, but she still likes bacon. I asked how that works with a vegan eating bacon, and she told me to fuck off, mind my business... and her barbell in her eyebrow waggled indignantly at me. Oh, my bad. I told my sister that my niece is no longer allowed at my house.

2 years later, she's working a subway job for a week before being fired, to a mcdonald's job for a week before being fired, to a petstore for a week before being fired... and it's all everyone else's fault. She doesn't even know what gender she is, or even what gender she likes.

My niece is one fucked up unit, and I watched the whole thing happen, helplessly from the sidelines.

She never got her ass paddled for fucking up. No respect for others leads to no respect for oneself.

I looked the other day on Facebook to see how she's doing, and she seriously was asking publicly to her fellow crowd of weirdos what gender she is. The sad part is, there was no consensus. She doesn't know, they don't know. I think they had it narrowed down to about 7 before I logged off in disgust.

So, Pete, there's the result of your "hands off" parenting technique, advice given from you, who can't stand up for himself in the real world.

My son, conversely, is a 3rd year apprentice in the IBEW, learning to become a Lineman. He is working 6/10s, owns his own home, married, one daughter and a loving wife that runs her own Jiu Jitsu academy with her Dad. I gave him a swat on the ass for the last time when he was 9 for a stupid stunt he pulled out in the yard. He is respectful, loving, courteous, polite, and a hard worker.

Same family, same schools, same time, different parental philosophy. Wildly different results.

My niece is an unbelievably miserable human that hates herself, everyone around her, America, capitalism, and especially Republicans. Oh, she hates Republicans something fierce. And me. Even though I let her take my new Jeep to pass her driving test because she didn't have anything and taught her how to parallel park an hour before her test. She didn't even say Thank You. I helped her because my sister asked me, but I won't do it again - people like that don't deserve help, family or not.
    Bravo- well said my friend. You raised your son right- as any loving father would do!!

We are raising our son Justin the same way. He has been taught respect for elders, not to talk back and to know his misbehaving simply will not be tolerated.
    He is a model student and never gets in trouble at school.
    I taught my daughter K.K. the same way, she played girl softball, she shoots guns, graduated high school, went to dental school and now owns half of her own dental practice. Married with truly exceptional and great husband and raising two beautiful sons..
    All done by way of spanking when they were children.
    FFing liberals make sick with their stupid, perverted ideas!
    ""Spare to rod, spoil the child"".. Nothing ever said about kids, more truer.
    Justin answers, Yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes Sir, no Sir... nuff said...--TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

3. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I've two points to make to you, Pete.

1. Elessar's already picked you up on this point, with Jim commenting further .. but I note that you insist on talking about BEATING a child. Giving one a quick smack doesn't qualify as 'beating', not by a long shot.

I know why you insist on using that word. It's obvious .. you've a need to amplify, exaggerate, what's being discussed, in the hope of making any sort of credible point. Except that, by purposely exaggerating, you prove your argument to be fundamentally weak.

2. You've completely avoided answering me .. haven't you ? Here -- let me remind you of my question. See my post again:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...378#post917378

You carp on about 'beatings'. You tell us how wrong it all is. But I've STILL NOT SEEN ANY ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTED.

A child needs discipline, at least, from time to time. All kids do. According to you, any physical chastisement is 'abuse', therefore, 'wrong'. Very well, Pete. TELL US OF YOUR ALTERNATIVE, ONE STANDING A CHANCE OF BEING EFFECTIVE.
    Well, Pete ? Where are you ?

I'm still waiting for you to answer me.

You argue that spanking, or 'paddling', a child is wrong. You claim (wrongly) that it's all 'abuse'. Well, if it's all wrong, there must be a better way, one that'll be effective in bringing up a child properly, with the proper discipline.

Now answer me: WHAT IS IT ? WHAT'S YOUR ALTERNATIVE ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

5. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So... yes I have little Pete on iggy... but due to quoting I've had to read a couple of his trashy posts.

From what I gather, he say's ANY hitting a kid is ABUSE, but what I DON'T see is his explanation as to WHY, and what he thinks is a BETTER form of discipline, or if his point is that there should be NO discipline at all.

So once again he just drops his garbage and disappears. Why bother talking to this idiot? I see post after post after post of well spoken, reasoned responses supporting ones opinions... except for little Pete. Not worth your time people... not worth your time. His brain washing is so total you'll never break through it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-15-2018 at 08:54 AM.

7. Thanks Drummond, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    So... yes I have little Pete on iggy... but due to quoting I've had to read a couple of his trashy posts.

From what I gather, he say's ANY hitting a kid is ABUSE, but what I DON'T see is his explanation as to WHY, and what he thinks is a BETTER form discipline, or if his point is that there should be NO discipline at all.

So once again he just drops his garbage and disappears. Why bother talking to this idiot? I see post after post after post of well spoken, reasoned responses supporting ones claims... except for little Pete. Not worth your time people... not worth your time. His brain washing is so total you'll never break through it.
    He's probably not worth our time. Still, if he isn't challenged, he'll claim - both to us, and any friends of his - that it's because we're too 'afraid' to.

Does that matter ? NOPE ... still, I'm not sure I want to give him satisfaction from an imagined 'victory'.

Pete probably can't reason out any good defense of his arguments .. because all he's really doing is slavishly following the 'PC' lead others of his type have fed him. This current argument, for example: his argument is identical to the one our own Lefties insist upon. Except, over here where I'm from, they get such traction that it looks like physically chastising a child is actually going to be illegal, soon !!

Taking on the likes of Pete will stop America going the same way. But if they're not challenged, they are given a chance to win out .. however insane their ideas are.

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

lol, bashing me for not replying soon enough on a friday night or saturday morning. I'm surprised ya'll have the time, in between hitting your child. Like most things here we're not going to come to an agreement. I'm in the camp of not hitting your children, you guys in the camp for beating your child. If you guys think there are no alternatives, then you are shitty parents. Children never deserve violence. If it gets to the point where you feel you need to strike them, then everything you did before that was in error. Do you guys also hit your dogs and cats when they misbehave? Fucking savages.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

lol, bashing me for not replying soon enough on a friday night or saturday morning. I'm surprised ya'll have the time, in between hitting your child. Like most things here we're not going to come to an agreement. I'm in the camp of not hitting your children, you guys in the camp for beating your child. If you guys think there are no alternatives, then you are shitty parents. Children never deserve violence. If it gets to the point where you feel you need to strike them, then everything you did before that was in error. Do you guys also hit your dogs and cats when they misbehave? Fucking savages.
    You tend to not recognize the difference between a smack on the butt and a BEATING!
    You did not read the collected responses too well.

You are a wimp. I am not a savage. You liberal whiners want to pigeon-hole any people that
    do not bow down to your cowardice.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Wrong.

I think you pretty much hit all the angles. Completely agree.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks Elessar, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    You tend to not recognize the difference between a smack on the butt and a BEATING!

You are a wimp. I am not a savage. You liberal whiners want to pigeon-hole any people that
    The only difference is in your mind and how you rationalize striking your own child. To bring a child into this world and then strike them is disturbing. You should be their greatest protector, not a threat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The only difference is in your mind and how you rationalize striking your own child. To bring a child into this world and then strike them is disturbing. You should be their greatest protector, not a threat.
    But according to the bastion of liberal orthodoxy, Planned Parenthood, "To bring a child into this world and then strike them down is caring."

17. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

YOU and your ilk are the threat. I'd rather my kid's butt hurt NOW than be thrown into prison as a teen or adult that fears no recrimination for crimes against the wonderful state YOU and your ilk have also conveniently built for your self. Got a stupid law for everything but kids are above them.

Can't stop them now, but you can throw them away later. Wonderful policy. Look how well it's worked for you so far. I'll just use you as an example. Point made.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Oh really? When a firm hand and talking to gets no response, then
    what is left?

A firm swat on the butt is what is left, then hold the kid. Assure your love and protection,
    you fool.

Did your parents have any kids that lived?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

21. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Funny how petey is against parents spanking, or paddling children, but..

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    But according to the bastion of liberal orthodoxy, Planned Parenthood, "To bring a child into this world and then strike them down is caring."

Also supports PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS, and ABORTIONS IN GENERAL.

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

23. Thanks Drummond, Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Also supports PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS, and ABORTIONS IN GENERAL.
    I totally get your point, AT. I completely agree on the hypocrisy from Pete and the left in general. Not sure Abbey is going to go for the graphic details though. She's pretty sensitive on the topic. Just a heads up.
    Last edited by Gunny; 09-15-2018 at 05:55 PM.

25. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

Correction, Elessar ... Pete chooses to fail to see any difference at all between a smack and a beating. Of course not ... he's got to try to pretend there's no difference, to TRY and make his excuse for a 'case'.

It's pathetic.

27. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post