Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    and obtw.... Re: the sarge's post... he's welcome to his opinion... I just don't share it...

but I bet you guessed that by now...
    Try walking a mile in the Sergeant's shoes before running your suck.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Try walking a mile in the Sergeant's shoes before running your suck.
    Been to Nam... tyvm... how about you, gunny, you been to war?
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who's cut and run from Afghanistan? Last I heard, the remnants of the Taliban and AQ are holed up in caves while the country enjoys a modicum of freedom.

But if crossed the Pakisatan border without permission, people of your ilk would be screaming your lungs out about that.
    We cut and ran from Afghanistan without completing the mission... did we find osama been forgotten? or the one eyed mullah? the Taliban is gaining strength even as we type and Al Qaeda? They're in Iraq... Al Anbar province... bush invited them... don't you recall this little bit of bravado?

Bring 'em ON!

define "my ilk"... you're pretty offensive for not knowing who you're talking to...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Been to Nam... tyvm... how about you, gunny, you been to war?
    I have. Your point is what, exactly?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

We cut and ran from Afghanistan without completing the mission... did we find osama been forgotten? or the one eyed mullah? the Taliban is gaining strength even as we type and Al Qaeda? They're in Iraq... Al Anbar province... bush invited them... don't you recall this little bit of bravado?

Bring 'em ON!

define "my ilk"... you're pretty offensive for not knowing who you're talking to...
    The Taliban is "gaining strength" hiding out in caves and across the border in Pakistan? A far cry from controlling the government of Afghanistan as it once did.

It's kind of obvious bin Laden is hiding somewhere we aren't allowed to go. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Or do you think it's not okay to invade Iraq, but is okay to violate the sovereignty of any and every other border we feel like looking for one man?

AQ was in Iraq before the US went in. Not even a good try.

I don't need to know who I'm talking to, I can smell you and your uneducated, extremist rhetoric. All I see are three talking points from the entry-level, left-wingnut handbook.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bring 'em ON!

We are still in afganhistan. There are 40,000 NATO troops there now. There is serious fighting going on along the south pak border. Where is the media coverage on that? They are all in iraq trying to make Bush look bad.

bin laden and one eye are either in pakistan or iran. Safe and cozy.

When someone calling himself a vet makes the comments you have I question the vet status, just as Gunny has. I'm a combat vet myself and I don't care who I'm talking too. Get off your high horse.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

?

AQ was in Iraq before the US went in. Not even a good try.
    false.

and even if they WERE there, it was certainly without Saddam's knowledge or approval. Hell AQ was HERE IN THE US before 9/11...in Florida and Oklahoma...in Maine... in Boston..... what does THAT proove?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    false.

and even if they WERE there, it was certainly without Saddam's knowledge or approval. Hell AQ was HERE IN THE US before 9/11...in Florida and Oklahoma...in Maine... in Boston..... what does THAT proove?
    They are still here, as are hizbollah and hamas.

Al queda had a full blown training camp in northern iraq. There were a couple of hundred men there. The kurds with the help of special forces destroyed the camp and the survivors fled into iran. There's no way that camp could have been there without saddams blessing.

Just because the shea and sunnis hate each other doesn't mean they won't join forces against a common enemy. There are a number of al queda hiding out in iran right now. Including bin ladens son.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

false.

First, you are incorrect.

Second, can you explain how you can state "false" as your fist statement, then begin your second with "and even if they WERE there ..."?

Third, I did not state whether or not I beleive Saddam had any knowledge or approved.

I doubt that the current Iraqi government approves of AQ's presence.

What it proves, and thank your just strengthening my argument for me, is that AQ is going to be wherever it wants regardless who is in power there, and/or who is President of the US.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

false.

When 9/11 happened the President said we would treat those that harbor terrorist the same as terrorists. So it means we would round up terrorists and capture/kill them no matter where they are, in the U.S., in Afganistan, in Iraq...
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    His primary beef was with the suits and lawyers running war. And the democrats trying to control what the military does and run the war like they did in Vietnam.

Are you against the war in Afganistan? you know the one that gets ignored by the media because we went in to get al queda and doesn't play well with their efforts to make Bush look bad. The war that has been going on longer than iraq.

More flag draped caskets are coming back and will come back because the islamists watch our news reports and know they can manipulate the thinking of Americans like yourself.

Nope, I'm not a republican, I'm an independent conservative athiest. And a combat veteran, so don't even go there that I don't know what's going on over there and am sitting here safe making comments about the war.

The Sergeant did make a point that something is amiss. He stated that there were too many suits and lawyers calling the shots over there. I agree. The troops and the officers shouldn't have to worry about how their action will be percieved, after the fact, by some lawyer.
    Let me get this straight... the dems are to blame because they didn't do what exactly?

Who has been in charge of the War in Afghanistan since it's beginnning back in October of '01?

Is it the dems? noooooooooo... it's the do nothing repugs who have been doing nothing but flapping their gums SAYING they support the troops...

I supported the War on Afghanistan when we went in... I stopped supporting the war in Afghanistan when bush stopped caring about catching Osama Been Forgotten and I became a staunch anti-bush when he invaded Iraq.

Which war were you in, gaffer? Did you volunteer to go?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Sarge" is a disprespectful term.

No it isn't... Sergeants have been called sarge for decades... I was called Sarge when I was in back in the 60s... so was my daddy... and his daddy before him, my maternal grandfather didn't make it to sarge status because he was wounded during the invasion at Anzio...

where do you right winged whackoes come up with this crap?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Let me get this straight... the dems are to blame because they didn't do what exactly?

Who has been in charge of the War in Afghanistan since it's beginnning back in October of '01?

Is it the dems? noooooooooo... it's the do nothing repugs who have been doing nothing but flapping their gums SAYING they support the troops...

I supported the War on Afghanistan when we went in... I stopped supporting the war in Afghanistan when bush stopped caring about catching Osama Been Forgotten and I became a staunch anti-bush when he invaded Iraq.

Which war were you in, gaffer? Did you volunteer to go?
    So capturing or killing OBL will solve the whole, Islamofascist problem, huh?

I don't think so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have. Your point is what, exactly?
    I didn't say IN the service... I said Have YOU been to WAR... you know... walked in their boots... been shot at...

you asked me the same question... so have you? Or do you think that ONLY right winged war mongers can ask that question?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Have facilities improved? Or have they just had to service more people because of the service people returning from Iraq? I'd like to see something credible which supports it. I'm not saying you're wrong, but the statement isn't what appears to be the case based on IAVA's information.

It makes him a horrific leader when he pursues a failed agenda and refuses to listen to anyone who doesn't parrot his already made up mind. I agree that most strategies need to be updated frequently, which is what Bush hasn't done. As for the sarge, he's certainly entitled to his opinion, but I think not criticizing what most of us seem to believe is a misuse of brave young lives, goes against common sense.

Military people are mission driven. That's their job. It's the job of the CinC AND the civilians who send them to battle to define the mission.

Dems claim to support the the troops, but a huge number of Dems do NOT want the US to win the war

What is up with that?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan