So the kiddo is off in college now, which means the bearded dragon lizard he HAD to have, is now mine and my responsibility. I'll give him some credit though, he named him "Roethlisberger". Well, funny aside first... something that happens to beardies from time to time - is that he got his left front paw infected and it basically rotted away. He walks fine, just a little 'stubby'. So Roethlisberger has an ailing arm! LOL At least it's his left arm.

Anyway, so I always ordered crickets online anyway, so receiving them in the mail today was far from unusual. I took the huge plastic container/bin I use out front to clean it properly before dropping another 1,500 crickets in there. Cleaned and scrubbed it nicely.

Went in kids room to now open the box and fill the container. Yeah, I know you know it's coming! So I usually lay the box in the container and slowly open. But NOOOOOOOooooooo, I sliced the top 2 sides and across to open, opened the package and went to lift and dump them into the bin. The box kinda hit the upper edge of the container and fell, luckily right side up, and I quickly scooped it up. But by that time it looked like about 50 of the little bastards escaped and scurried like little roaches seeing the light! I grabbed as many as humanly possible for the next few minutes, which was like 2 or 3 of them! Little buggers are fast and can jump pretty good! I think they went under his bed, night table and the dresser which houses the lizard cage. Crickets don't bug me in the slightest bit though. I'll reach down in the box and pick up a few hundred at a time. But it happens, but if just ONE spider is in there, they all get in the bin and out they go into the bushes down the road! No effing spiders for me!

Another side story - I had a few lizards over the years here in this house, and ain't the first time a few got away. But every now and again, down in the basement, I'll see a few crickets the size of small dinosaurs!! I shit you not, suckers are HUGE! Makes me wonder if they got in from outside, or if they really are some escapees living the high life?

I may let 'ol Roeth out and allow him to roam the kid's room for awhile and do some 'true' hunting! But gotta be careful that the door is closed, or Nero or Nikoh will be doing some hunting too!