Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Boy am I in trouble!

So the kiddo is off in college now, which means the bearded dragon lizard he HAD to have, is now mine and my responsibility. I'll give him some credit though, he named him "Roethlisberger". Well, funny aside first... something that happens to beardies from time to time - is that he got his left front paw infected and it basically rotted away. He walks fine, just a little 'stubby'. So Roethlisberger has an ailing arm! LOL At least it's his left arm.

Anyway, so I always ordered crickets online anyway, so receiving them in the mail today was far from unusual. I took the huge plastic container/bin I use out front to clean it properly before dropping another 1,500 crickets in there. Cleaned and scrubbed it nicely.

Went in kids room to now open the box and fill the container. Yeah, I know you know it's coming! So I usually lay the box in the container and slowly open. But NOOOOOOOooooooo, I sliced the top 2 sides and across to open, opened the package and went to lift and dump them into the bin. The box kinda hit the upper edge of the container and fell, luckily right side up, and I quickly scooped it up. But by that time it looked like about 50 of the little bastards escaped and scurried like little roaches seeing the light! I grabbed as many as humanly possible for the next few minutes, which was like 2 or 3 of them! Little buggers are fast and can jump pretty good! I think they went under his bed, night table and the dresser which houses the lizard cage. Crickets don't bug me in the slightest bit though. I'll reach down in the box and pick up a few hundred at a time. But it happens, but if just ONE spider is in there, they all get in the bin and out they go into the bushes down the road! No effing spiders for me!

Another side story - I had a few lizards over the years here in this house, and ain't the first time a few got away. But every now and again, down in the basement, I'll see a few crickets the size of small dinosaurs!! I shit you not, suckers are HUGE! Makes me wonder if they got in from outside, or if they really are some escapees living the high life?

I may let 'ol Roeth out and allow him to roam the kid's room for awhile and do some 'true' hunting! But gotta be careful that the door is closed, or Nero or Nikoh will be doing some hunting too!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

It's hard to find a place in Florida that DOESN'T have a few cock roaches. Nearly every apartment I had, even the nice places, you'd see the occasional roach. Well the last apartment I lived in wasn't the nicest place I lived and it had a few here and there, so outside there was always these little lizards, which were probably there because of the roach feast, but one day I caught one of the little buggers and turned him lose inside my apartment. I did see the little guy a few times after I turned him lose, but also noticed a marked decrease in the roach sightings. I think the little lizards are cool. I wouldn't have cared if one laid on head while I was sleeping. They're not going to hurt you.

Funny thing about cats, they're good bug killers too. I rarely see a bug in my house, and usually when I do, it's been killed and flattened, and I know that's from a cat that loves to get them, and sometimes she even eats them.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-20-2018 at 12:36 AM.

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Shop Vac, Jim!

Get all those little buggars!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

6. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    It's hard to find a place in Florida that DOESN'T have a few cock roaches. Nearly every apartment I had, even the nice places, you'd see the occasional roach. Well the last apartment I lived in wasn't the nicest place I lived and it had a few here and there, so outside there was always these little lizards, which were probably there because of the roach feast, but one day I caught one of the little buggers and turned him lose inside my apartment. I did see the little guy a few times after I turned him lose, but also noticed a marked decrease in the roach sightings. I think the little lizards are cool. I wouldn't have cared if one laid on head while I was sleeping. They're not going to hurt you.

Funny thing about cats, they're good bug killers too. I rarely see a bug in my house, and usually when I do, it's been killed and flattened, and I know that's from a cat that loves to get them, and sometimes she even eats them.
    My cat takes on spiders. He loves to toss them around.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I’ve said this before, but, your wife is a saint!

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Likes Kathianne, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I lost some when I had our beardies the kids were likely to have gone insane when they would sing, but Rick and I loved it.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

12. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Oh.....if you let Roth out to 'hunt', stuff a towel along the door so he cannot be hurt by the other critters'.

A Deplorable!