Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    So if a woman without a penis has surgery to get a penis, is she then a woman with a penis or not?
    Depends on your definition of penis, I suppose.

Real, double X chromosome women, don’t have penises.
    Surgically altered/mutilated women might have what looks like a penis attached to their (female) bodies.

Faux appendages, like Snap- On Tools, are kind of like a permanent Halloween costume.

If I put on “black face”, am I a black woman, or just a woman wearing black makeup?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Depends on your definition of penis, I suppose.

Real, double X chromosome women, don’t have penises.
    Surgicallyaltered/mutilatedwomen might have what looks like a penis attached to their (female) bodies.

Faux appendages, like Snap- On Tools, are kind of like a permanent Halloween costume.

If I put on “black face”, am I a black woman, or just a woman wearing black makeup?
    Yup, there are a few out there that SWEAR that they are black - and they talk and act black and all that - but are as white as the background on this editor page! So since they "identify" as black, are they in fact now black? Also had similar with that Dolezal woman or whatever her name was, doing her hair up, and getting darker and darker tans, and swore she identified as black. Is she truly black, just because she says she is?

And then I saw someone who identifies as a child, and then dresses and acts like a baby, and gets help and treatment as if a baby. Is this really a baby?

The point is, a ton of folks out there identify as "other" than they are. And many make dramatic changes of sort to be other than they are. But HAVE they changed or are they different than what their DNA states?

No. The only common denominator is that there are some seriously confused and weird people on this earth. Women are women, men are men, black people are born black and ARE black, and white folks are born with all they have. These things are all identifiable and all easily checked via dna markers and such.

And whatever, whatever floats their boats, I suppose. Ain't harming me, I hope, other than my eyeballs and a small corner of my brain. But I do think that things need to be looked at realistically, and society shouldn't go down a hole where 50+ genders appear out of nowhere and society is "forced" to acknowledge and do crap to "accommodate" their disability or whatever you want to call it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Fired - for stating that women don't have penises

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I’ve never heard it described like that - do you think the same of all cosmetic surgery, or just when it involves sex organs?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I’ve never heard it described like that - do you think the same of all cosmetic surgery, or just when it involves sex organs?
    Noir, I identify as Superman. So If I get the costume, wear it and walk around acting that way , am I Superman?
    Or am I just another nut acting out my fantasies? Do I get to lift cars over my head, fly or see through walls?
    Come on now, answer truthfully --if you know how to do that.
    By the way, I'd not chose to be Superman, I'd chose Robin Hood, at least I am very , very good at traditional ARCHERY.--
    Just because reality is oft a bitch doesnt mean one should play silly fantasy crap out in real life and then demand that other people go along with it.
    Yet dem party ans liberals do that, demand that and - ARE JUST LIKE DAMN NAZI'S ABOUT IT... -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    I personally know six transsexuals that also happen to be coworkers. My employer receives generous tax credits and invaluable social justice cred that protects them from lawsuits. One night, a couple of years back, I approached a black lesbian coworker and expressed my confusion over my feelings toward our coworker "Adam", a transsexual. I told her that I didn't know the appropriate attitude toward "Adam". I wondered if I should be impressed that 'he" was bold enough to mutilate "his" body in order to correct God's mistake or should I indite "him" for succumbing to societal hetero normative orthodoxy and deny "his" true lesbian nature and become a "man". I also asked her if "his" lesbian partner was no longer a member of the LGBT community since she was now technically in a heterosexual relationship and if it was fair for "Adam" to make this decision for her. My lesbian coworker, a devout Baptist, started started screaming, "God doesn't make mistakes!" over and over again.
    Some interesting questions that are worth exploring - if for nothing more than an understanding of a relationship that would otherwise be alien to you.

It’s a shame the other person involved just picked up on the god thing and ran with that - unless she was just uncomfortable with the convo and saw that as the most polite way out.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Why is it, that instantly when someone makes a comment like Abbey did, that it always automatically means that they 'think something else' as well?

Well, if you say that, then you must obviously mean this as well, and that. I don't get it. It's nothing more than trying to stretch what folks state into more, to distort it in any way possible. Why not address and discuss the actual things done and said, instead of always made up stretched comparisons?

With that said, in MY opinion, yes ALL cosmetic surgery is in fact like putting fake things on for life - as that IS what you're doing. Whether it be a woman, putting on an appendage, and then thinking that the DNA changed somehow. Or someone with fake boobs. Different but the same. But really shouldn't be tied together. Once someone tries with the "well, if you mean this, then you must mean this as well' - is only looking for off ended ways to dispute what the person said instead of attacking it directly head on.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Some interesting questions that are worth exploring - if for nothing more than an understanding of a relationship that would otherwise be alien to you.

It’s a shame the other person involved just picked up on the god thing and ran with that - unless she was just uncomfortable with the convo and saw that as the most polite way out.
    Considering the percentage of actual transsexuals in our society, I believe that I work with something like 1000% more than the average, so I don't believe that these relationships are alien to me. In fact, I feel that I've had more of a day to day relationship with trans folks than 99% of the rest of the population. Sadly, its been my experience that most of the trans folks that I have encountered haven't dealt with the questions such as the ones I posed. It seems that ones that I have had contact with don't appear to be at peace with their decision. The personal problems that they thought they would address with the change didn't go away, now they just have to be dealt with from a different perspective. Instead of actually getting the psychological help they need, it looks like they fell victim to activists with a political agenda in exchange for temporary encouragement and support.

I always wondered about the automatic, unquestioning alliances between groups of sexual deviants (and I don't mean this as a pejorative, simply that they deviate from the social norm). How strong a bond do these individual actors in the LGBTQ etc. groups have since the only thing they have in common is their rejection of societal norms. I agree that the lesbian coworker punted on her response but I feel that her response spoke volumes. Her fellow travelers have ingrained in her the forced solidarity with the trans community even though it is a rejection of her lesbian nature. It's easy to be in full throated support of sexual diversity when it validates ones victimhood or portrays one as a social justice warrior speaking truth to power. It's quite another thing to place undue social pressure on vulnerable, confused folks to recruit them into the cause rather than direct them to get the help they need.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Seriously, Noir, with respect - you aren't LBTGQ or having appendages, or are a transexual - are you? Then if not, your knowledge and understanding on the subject is no better or worse. Just because you agree on something some of us disagree about, doesn't mean you are more knowledgeable about it, but it also could.

I don't have to be mean to someone I see as such, but that also doesn't mean I need to be understanding or accepting.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Why is it, that instantly when someone makes a comment like Abbey did, that it always automatically means that they 'think something else' as well?
    I literally said “do you think” not “then you also think” - asking someone what they think and telling them what they think are not nearly the same.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Seriously, Noir, with respect - you aren't LBTGQ or having appendages, or are a transexual - are you? Then if not, your knowledge and understanding on the subject is no better or worse. Just because you agree on something some of us disagree about, doesn't mean you are more knowledgeable about it, but it also could.
    Don’t get where you are going with this as it kinda concludes in a tautology of ‘You’re not more knowledgable, unless you are.’ ?

I don't have to be mean to someone I see as such, but that also doesn't mean I need to be understanding or accepting.
    I think most people would take ‘they weren’t mean to me’ as a good first base to aim for.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I literally said “do you think” not “then you also think” - asking someone what they think and telling them what they think are not nearly the same.
    Agreed, but when someone continually tries to pull in comparisons when another person makes a statement/opinion, I often see it as them trying to put words in anothers mouth indirectly, trying to make it sound like they may have meant something else.

I agree that's not exactly how you did it, but I very often still don't see the need to bring in outside things and not really address the meat of the discussion or what someone actually said.

MY opinion, ya disagree, just ignore and move on, my bad for disrupting then.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Don’t get where you are going with this as it kinda concludes in a tautology of ‘You’re not more knowledgable, unless you are.’ ?

I think most people would take ‘they weren’t mean to me’ as a good first base to aim for.
    No, stick to exactly what I said, instead of again moving forward. My point is - that unless you are a woman that has attached a penis to herself, your opinion or knowledge here on the subject is no more different or valuable than anyone else here. Just as mine ain't worth a nickel more than yours!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No, stick to exactly what I said, instead of again moving forward. My point is - that unless you are a woman that has attached a penis to herself, your opinion or knowledge here on the subject is no more different or valuable than anyone else here. Just as mine ain't worth a nickel more than yours!
    Sure, that seems fairly reasonable - though it is a strange variant of ‘appeal to authority’ which should at least be approached with caution.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Agreed, but when someone continually tries to pull in comparisons when another person makes a statement/opinion, I often see it as them trying to put words in anothers mouth indirectly, trying to make it sound like they may have meant something else.

I agree that's not exactly how you did it, but I very often still don't see the need to bring in outside things and not really address the meat of the discussion or what someone actually said.

MY opinion, ya disagree, just ignore and move on, my bad for disrupting then.
    In your opinion how should I of worded the question I was trying to ask?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

In your opinion how should I of worded the question I was trying to ask?
    Perhaps I should have not just butted in. There's no rule or anything here, was just raising my brows with the questions was all. So ya don't need to answer any of my crap.

At any rate, I just didn't see the need for additional questioning, questioning that brought in things not necessary. If someone offers an opinion on an attached penis, I just didn't see the point in extending it and seeing how they feel about other attachments, and ones that really aren't out of the norm as much as attaching a penis. If she says yes about attaching a fake finger, or arm, or foot - or a breast increase or any "typical" cosmetic surgery for that fact. I don't see the need to compare a penis attachment to things that may be more "normal" - which of course would then lead to "why is it ok for this for some and not ok for this for others" type of questioning. IN MY OPINION. So that's why I always question when things go 'off topic' with questioning like that, which TO ME always sounds like questions that are in some manner placing words or opinions in the others mouth.