Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Dem: Kavanaugh Doesn't Deserve 'Presumption of Innocence' because I disagree with him

And she outright states it and admits it! Now the rest of the Democrats and their supporters may has come clean as well, they COULDN'T CARE LESS about any false accusations, they will vote against because of politics regardless.

This is insanity and she admits to it. They aren't even hiding their obstruction. "presumption of innocence depends on their judicial philosophy" - WTF??????

---

Dem. Senator: Kavanaugh Doesn't Deserve 'Presumption of Innocence' Because I Disagree With Him

On Sunday, Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) declared that Donald Trump's second Supreme Court nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, does not deserve the presumption of innocence when it comes to sexual assault allegations against him — because she disagrees with his judicial philosophy. Indeed, Hirono seemed to suggest that the very principle of "innocent until proven guilty" should not apply in sexual assault cases.

CNN's Jake Tapper asked Hirono, "Doesn't Kavanaugh have the same presumption of innocence as anyone else in America?"

According to the 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution — and as is clearly laid out in the case Coffin v. United States (1895) — the answer should be an unqualified "yes." Every person, no matter how heinous his or her crimes, deserves the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. But Hirono did not say, "Yes."

"I put his denial in the context of everything that I know about him in terms of how he approaches his cases," the senator said, suggesting that the presumption of innocence — a core tenet of English common law and American law going back more than one hundred years — depends on a person's judicial philosophy.

"As I said, his credibility is already very questionable in my mind and in the minds of ... my fellow Judiciary Committee members — the Democrats," Hirono explained. "When I say that he's very outcome-driven, he has an ideological agenda. His — in my view — inability to be fair in the cases that are coming before him."

Then, as if to clarify exactly why Kavanaugh's judicial heresy means he should not be presumed innocent until proven guilty, she added that "he very much is against women's reproductive choice," a euphemism for abortion.

Tapper understood exactly what she said.

"It sounds to me like you’re saying because you don’t trust him on policy and because you don’t believe him when he says for instance that he does not have an opinion on Roe v. Wade, you don’t believe him about this allegation about what happened at this party in 1982. Is that fair?" Tapper asked.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/video/dem-senato...gree-with-him/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Apart from her obvious bias, doesn’t this Senator sound rather, let’s say, unintelligent?

You know you’re dealing with a dummy when the reporter has to try to make a logical argument for you.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey