Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    My son heard the same music and voices when he was on break from University.

I leave no radio's on at night, but only my VHF-FM Marine band, and that does NOT
    play music.

I'd get a Priest in there to check things out.

I've never experienced that kind of paranormal, but I have watched a lot of documentaries because it's fascinating in a scary kinda way - obviously a lot are bullshit, but there's quite a few that ring true.

From what I've gathered... an entity is drawn to a person or a location, usually from a ritual that should never have been engaged in. Once it's attached to a location or person, it doesn't go away and things progress in a bad way... it seems to feed off fear, anger and hatred.

The scary part is when combat begins, and the people brought in aren't qualified to do what they're trying to do. I'm not Catholic, but it seems they have the knowledge & power to fight such things... when other people have tried, like Native American Shaman or a Pastor or some other religious person, it enrages the entity and makes everything infinitely worse.

Most of the worst ones seem to be present because kids or a stupid adult were holding a seance or ritual, engaging in things that they do not understand and the attached entity was invited into the house. I don't know what makes it attach to the individual or instead to a house... maybe strength of faith at the initial encounter?

Anyway... it seems that some are friendly and mean no harm, but others are very malicious, some begin friendly but turn... but none should be toyed with. They are not of this realm.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I believe in what is called a "4th Dimension".

We had a haunted house back in West Virginia. I saw head poking out of curtains at
    night, coming home from football games or wresting matches. I heard a rocking chair
    on the floor above us, when nobody but Mom and the cat were in the house.

I had to go out to a lighthouse in Long Island Sound NY to reset the fog signal. I heard
    doors opening and closing, footsteps on the old wooden floors, yet my boatcrew was still
    on the boat in the slip.

Execution Rocks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_Rocks_Light
    https://knowledgenuts.com/2014/02/22...ecution-rocks/
    Last edited by Elessar; 09-29-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks Abbey Marie, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Welcome to BipolarLand!

Nah, you ain't got it. Just that it's happened to me one or 168x before! Worst feeling. The only way I've ever been able to describe it to people is by asking them this:

"You know that feeling you get when on a roller coaster, or water ride, and you're slowly going up that incline, seeing the top of the world, knowing you're about to go screaming down full speed on the other side!" that's normal, that's adrenaline running in our systems, and it feels good!

But when woken up out of a dead sleep, at 3am, for some unknown reason - that adrenaline no longer feels very good. Now it feels like you're out of control, something is wrong with you.

Try and repeat and believe and convince yourself that's all it is, just adrenaline and anxiety, and you can easily beat it!

That is NOT to say that you shouldn't get checked out, that of course never hurts and should be your primary person if this is all new to you.

Them Oxycodone's are a life saver, but also made me feel crazy at times. If I ate too many, which was all the time, it gave me sleep issues. But I didn't care, because if I woke early and couldn't sleep, I would pour myself a coffee and then take another oxy! But I also found out the hard way about sleeping issues and other issues when running out of them, or when it came time to stop using them altogether.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

@jimnyc, much as I like you...

I BEG YOUR PARDON!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Has anyone else experienced anything out of the ordinary?
    Yes ... the whole something walking on bed ... like my little schnauzer used to. Then, felt like someone trying to pull covers off me. Woke up trying to hit that person. Realized it was just a dream. However, after laying back down heard voice clear as a bell saying get up and covers moving again. I sat right up and then realized again .. must be dream. Started to lie back down and voice said you need to take aspirin ... NOW! And, chew it up .. don't swallow with water. So, that's what I did.

I have polycythemia (over abundance of red blood cells) and yet never take aspirin because I also have GERD and Barretts. So, no aspirin but that night ... about 2 weeks ago I felt compelled to take aspirin. Maybe my guardian angel thought I had a blood clot somewhere.

And, NT, I'm trying to get off Ambien and was trying a new supplement ... which didn't work. I never, never, have nightmares but that one woke me up completely and scared me. Voice was crystal clear about what I had to do.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 09-30-2018 at 01:34 AM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

9. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

We were touring old Ft. Mifflin in PA at night one year. In the former blacksmith’s shop, the blacksmith tools hanging on the wall started moving. No wind, no breeze, no one close enough to touch the tools. I took a picture, and there was a white streak in front of the tools.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

11. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    @jimnyc, much as I like you...

I BEG YOUR PARDON!
    I hope I didn't offend!!

1st off, my bad, my reply was all directed at HPD in his reference to waking in the night and anxiety. I was kinda kidding with him about the bipolar crap, but the feelings are similar, so one can relate to an extent. And then the medications, well, I've had and tried enough of may things, especially the pain killer stuff, so was just relaying my experience to Tom, especially the sleep issues!

By no means was my post meant to disrespect anyone here at all, nor was it a reply to any of your posts and experiences.

My bad altogether, I should have quoted Tom when making my reply to begin with, making it clear who I was responding to.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The house I grew up in belonged to Mrs. Fry.

I never thought anything different about it because she had lived there always. Until my friend came over for a sleep over I never knew other people didn't have a resident ghost.

You could hear in the attic, where her room was prior to us moving in, the sound of someone walking with a cane or the squeak of a rocking chair.

Had many of her things in the house, she was the local nurse, I still have some of her old medical dispensers and stuff.

I will never forget the night I decided to be sassy to my Mom and the entirety of attic it seemed came crashing down the stairwell. My Aunt who knew Mrs. Fry when she was a child said, You know SHE doesn't like disrespectful children..... I spent the rest of the night cleaning all the stuff out so you could get through the stairs.

One night I must have been maybe 7 or 8 Mom was cleaning up the kitchen and there was a light that hit a spot on the wall, it came through the ceiling, there was no explaining how that light happened. Mom said she had the most urgent need to go clean that spot upstairs in the attic, where she found a deed to property that belonged to Mrs. Fry. Mom called Mrs. Fry's son and said I have these papers for you and he said OMG we have been searching for them as the property is in dispute because the original deed was not located.

I loved Mrs. Fry she was awesome.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

14. Thanks Abbey Marie, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    We were touring old Ft. Mifflin in PA at night one year. In the former blacksmith’s shop, the blacksmith tools hanging on the wall started moving. No wind, no breeze, no one close enough to touch the tools. I took a picture, and there was a white streak in front of the tools.
    Here’s a couple of photos (not mine) of the blacksmith shop.

The very tools:

0D9ABB4B-16C4-4A8D-94DF-836817D76D86.jpeg

The exterior:

8AC6434C-D479-44B1-A9FD-2CF4654031EF.jpeg
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Been there...Have an old home....had it now over 18 years....I had to cleanse it...I have seen things in the house.. anomalies ...Many time...Old guy in dining room (12:30am)...Black hat and coat...but "their" (and his) backs are always towards me (lots of noises also)....(like moving away slowly)...Finally I called in a "Popa"...from the church...he cleansed the house....

Burning sage...he went from room to room (speaking Latin)...wife and I followed him...

Ever since...no problem...But I am always on the look-out...I stay up late at night....

This is all TRUE...

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 09-30-2018 at 10:46 PM.

17. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Welcome to BipolarLand!

Nah, you ain't got it. Just that it's happened to me one or 168x before! Worst feeling. The only way I've ever been able to describe it to people is by asking them this:

"You know that feeling you get when on a roller coaster, or water ride, and you're slowly going up that incline, seeing the top of the world, knowing you're about to go screaming down full speed on the other side!" that's normal, that's adrenaline running in our systems, and it feels good!

But when woken up out of a dead sleep, at 3am, for some unknown reason - that adrenaline no longer feels very good. Now it feels like you're out of control, something is wrong with you.

Try and repeat and believe and convince yourself that's all it is, just adrenaline and anxiety, and you can easily beat it!

That is NOT to say that you shouldn't get checked out, that of course never hurts and should be your primary person if this is all new to you.

Them Oxycodone's are a life saver, but also made me feel crazy at times. If I ate too many, which was all the time, it gave me sleep issues. But I didn't care, because if I woke early and couldn't sleep, I would pour myself a coffee and then take another oxy! But I also found out the hard way about sleeping issues and other issues when running out of them, or when it came time to stop using them altogether.
    Yeah the oxy, I'm very thankful I get it from the VA, but I'm sure since the huge uproar over it that the reason I still do get it is because I don't get enough of it each month to constitute an addiction. I get the smallest size dose, and really not that many. I don't take it every day either, because it does lose it's potency if you do. I take it every few days as needed, and yes, I also usually take it in the morning with coffee. It will make me feel pretty good, I do get a buzz. Many times I've referred to it as pill cocaine. It will keep me up at night too if I take it too late in the day.

As far as the other night waking up feeling like I was having a minor anxiety attack, it might have been the pizza I ate too late in the evening, I don't know, but it's happened before, it's just been quite awhile. I actually do feel outstanding health wise, but just in case my biannual check up at the VA is on the 26th. I've had my gym almost a month now and I've hit it virtually every day. I can see and feel the difference. I've already added weight and have gone from simply trying to build up my strength to actually feeling much stronger and pushing myself. I know this has to be causing changes in my system. This could have been the reason too. Sleep can be fickle with me, I'll go through periods where I wake up 3 or 4 times a night, and when I wake up I know I haven't slept well and I actually still feel tired. Then one night I'll sleep like a log and not so much as even stir, and I'll sleep for a good 8 or 10 hours and feel like a million bucks. I'll pop right out of bed and be ready for anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Some great stories about the paranormal in this thread, I love it.

The little house I live in was built in 1948. One day a neighbor woman stopped by and I offered to let her see the house, but she stood at the back door and gazed inside all wide eyed and said, "did you know that an old lady that used to live here died in here?" Well no, I didn't. She said that she had died in the kitchen and laid on the floor for a couple days before anyone found her. Well, her soul must have gone to heaven then because I've never heard or seen anything funny go on in here. I've even tried to get an EVP with my Olympus digital voice recorder and nothing. I do believe that the vast majority of people's spirits "pass on" after they die. It's only a very tiny handful that don't. Either they didn't believe in God or had no religion at all or something, but they just don't "see the light" after they're dead, so their spirit leaves the body but doesn't know where to go, so they're kinda stuck floating around with the living, and really, I don't believe they're supposed to be here. It's an accident, something not meant to be.

I believe those that do pass on into heaven can still see and hear us, but they're not permitted to interact with us.