Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If this happens, I'm off to Alaska as quick as possible as well! A lot of cool toys over there - and sure as hell beats the hell out of taking my chances here in liberal utopia of New York!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes NT'sGirl, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You DO realize a "civil war" is going to be "us" against the US government? Look at EVERYTHING the left has done/is doing most especially since Trump won the election. They have misued our own laws against the will of the majority of the People. They are now misuing Congress and the FBI (part of the DC bureaucracy) to take a Supreme Court nomination WAY out of bounds.

They will use the law to outlaw us, just as like-minded people in the Northern states did to the South last time around. They ARE willing to kill (or have the military and police do it for them) to force their will on the rest of us. They have proven they will do it. So it isn't even a question.

When and if everyone is done talking and war it is, I'm heading for the hills. MY world. I ain't playing war on someone else's terms and if I don't know you, you're dead. Even if I know you, you better be the on the "right side" of knowing.

I'm tired of playing all this pussy shit and listening to gas bags all damned day and night anyway. If it's coming, let's get it on while I'm still young enough to tear up some ass.

Oh, I wasn't serious about this post... the picture already had everything set and I thought it was funny. That's why I put it here in the humor section.

I am vastly amused every time I see some leftist threaten civil war, as I'm sure everyone else is. They can't identify male from female, let alone know what end of a rifle is the business end. If you can't identify male from female, do you think they can identify friend from foe? I'm thinking not.

However, to go along with your thought process... yeah. I'm set. I grew up out in the sticks 1 mile from where my cabin is now, and I know every inch of that area. I don't think things will every devolve to that level, but if they did, I'm ready. We have 6 months of food up there right now, and probably 5 years with additional gathering added. I'm confident we'd do just fine. The hardest part would be gasoline in the long term. It only stores for so long.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks Elessar, Abbey Marie, Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Oh, I wasn't serious about this post... the picture already had everything set and I thought it was funny. That's why I put it here in the humor section.

I am vastly amused every time I see some leftist threaten civil war, as I'm sure everyone else is. They can't identify male from female, let alone know what end of a rifle is the business end. If you can't identify male from female, do you think they can identify friend from foe? I'm thinking not.

However, to go along with your thought process... yeah. I'm set. I grew up out in the sticks 1 mile from where my cabin is now, and I know every inch of that area. I don't think things will every devolve to that level, but if they did, I'm ready. We have 6 months of food up there right now, and probably 5 years with additional gathering added. I'm confident we'd do just fine. The hardest part would be gasoline in the long term. It only stores for so long.
    I think things could easily devolve to that level. Too many similarities to the politics of the 1850s to ignore. Not specifically because the issues are mostly different, but the fundamental basis is the same.

Two different people in the same country with one side willing to lie, steal or worse to gain control, fueled by hatred and ignorance. The left has pushed and pushed and pushed. At some point, either someone calls "enough" and stands up to their bullshit, or plan on living in a leftwingnut Hell. And the left is too damned stupid to run country anywhere but into the ground.

Tolerance is nice until you reach the part where you realize it is wasted on the ungrateful, mindless sheeple who mostly don't even know why they hate the right. Just that they do.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, CSM thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think things could easily devolve to that level. Too many similarities to the politics of the 1850s to ignore. Not specifically because the issues are mostly different, but the fundamental basis is the same.

Two different people in the same country with one side willing to lie, steal or worse to gain control, fueled by hatred and ignorance. The left has pushed and pushed and pushed. At some point, either someone calls "enough" and stands up to their bullshit, or plan on living in a leftwingnut Hell. And the left is too damned stupid to run country anywhere but into the ground.

Tolerance is nice until you reach the part where you realize it is wasted on the ungrateful, mindless sheeple who mostly don't even know why they hate the right. Just that they do.
    I agree. Dead on target analysis. The cowards- the dem/lib/leftists would only start a civil when they were in control of the government and could use the military to fight-to murder the true patriots-- that is a certified fact.
    A man fights when it is called for--even if victory is uncertain, a coward will wait until he thinks victory is absolutely certain.
    Leftists/libs and most dems are cowards by nature, political philosophy and mental disease.
    They know we have over 90% of the guns and we know how to use them--thus they'd start it --with the idea to use the U.S. military as their fighters.
    They truly are subhuman pieces of shit in my opinion.--Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 10-04-2018 at 05:29 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If this happens, I'm off to Alaska as quick as possible as well! A lot of cool toys over there - and sure as hell beats the hell out of taking my chances here in liberal utopia of New York!
    ... yes, any trouble in the US would have to go right through Canada before it could ever reach Alaska. Of course.

So I'm thinking .. that 'buffer' effect might give a bit of a breathing space. Any bets as to how long ?

Mine is 7-10 days .....
    Last edited by Drummond; 10-04-2018 at 07:30 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!