Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default We Are Fucking WATERLOGGED...

... NEVER IN MY LIFE have I seen SO MUCH RAIN in Wisconsin. It's beyond the point of abnormal now, it's to the point of... WTF?

So is this natural, or is someone fucking with the weather? Does anyone here believe in CLOUD SEEDING and that stuff?

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

`Flares loaded with cloud-seeding material fire from an aircraft’s wings as it flies through a cloud.`

Does cloud seeding really work? An experiment above Idaho suggests humans can turbocharge snowfall

By Angus ChenJan. 22, 2018 , 3:50 PM

"Cloud seeding—sowing clouds with small particles to make them rain or snow—has a reputation as dodgy as the weather.

That’s because even though scientists have been seeding clouds since the 1940s, there was precious little proof the technique worked.

Now, researchers flying two small planes through a bank of clouds in Idaho have shown, for the first time outside the lab, that humans can artificially turbocharge snowfall."

MORE:

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/...an-turbocharge

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    ... NEVER IN MY LIFE have I seen SO MUCH RAIN in Wisconsin. It's beyond the point of abnormal now, it's to the point of... WTF?

So is this natural, or is someone fucking with the weather? Does anyone here believe in CLOUD SEEDING and that stuff?
    Loaded question. While I'm by no means one of these "Chicken Little", enviro-Nazi's, logic dictates that Man has to be having an effect on the environment and I really see most things Man does as far as the environment is concerned as destructive. I believe in RESPONSIBLE USE.

There isn't going to be any of the aforementioned so long as politics and people who get paid countless billions to say so dictate what "is". It becomes a lie from the left after the word "environment". So ... something could be causing it.

We went from drought in Aug to the 2nd rainiest Sept in recorded Texas history. I myself blame hurricane season. People think "Texas - hot and dry" but we are very much affected by the weather in the Gulf, which starts off from the west coast of Africa. It's raining here again. Fortunately, we have been over-saturated but only some flooding. One real good, hard rain would probably put half the state under water
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah I rather doubt they're doing any sort of weather manipulation up around here. Seems all our rain has been coming straight up from down south this year. We didn't have any bad storms this year with the crazy wind that usually come out of the west. Had a couple storms but they were mild. The majority of the rain we've gotten has come straight up from the south, like we're getting right now. Some front that's parked north and south from Texas to Wisconsin. It isn't moving and it's causing lots of rain. Just been a conveyor belt of moisture. But we seriously need to dry out. It's sand around here and rain water usually soaks right into the ground quick. Not now, I've had puddles of water standing around here, especially in the driveway. The ground is saturated. Our water table is going to be good for years to come, even if we have a drought.

I just hope this doesn't continue into winter. If it does, we're in for one helluva a snowy one.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-09-2018 at 09:51 AM.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yeah I rather doubt they're doing any sort of weather manipulation up around here. Seems all our rain has been coming straight up from down south this year. We didn't have any bad storms this year with the crazy wind that usually come out of the west. Had a couple storms but they were mild. The majority of the rain we've gotten has come straight up from the south, like we're getting right now. Some front that parked north and south from Texas to Wisconsin. It isn't moving and it's causing lots of rain. Just been a conveyor belt of moisture. But we seriously need to dry out. It's sand around here and rain water usually soaks right into the ground quick. Not now, I've had puddles of water standing around here, especially in the driveway. The ground is saturated. Our water table is going to be good for years to come, even if we have a drought.

I just hope this doesn't continue into winter. If it does, we're in for one helluva a snowy one.
    That front is from the Pacific. Supposed to start moving out tomorrow. We're supposed to get a "cold front" by next weekend. I caveat "cold" because that means highs in the 60s My idea of cold front is 0-20 degrees. We "might" drop below 30 on the coldest day of winter here.

You forget about Bush's "Hurricane Machine"? The cause of Katrina per then dictator of Venezuela.
    Last edited by Gunny; 10-09-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    That front is from the Pacific. Supposed to start moving out tomorrow. We're supposed to get a "cold front" by next weekend. I caveat "cold" because that means highs in the 60s My idea of cold front is 0-20 degrees. We "might" drop below 30 on the coldest day of winter here.

You forget about Bush's "Hurricane Machine"? The cause of Katrina per then dictator of Venezuela.
    Right... who could forget "Bush's Katrina?" ...

Yeah cold around here is twenty BELOW, thirty BELOW, I've seen forty below. You can feel the snot in your nose freeze when you step outside, and the snow creeks when you walk on it, car doors might not open, it's dangerous cold. Anyway, I'm hoping this front moves soon. They're saying tomorrow.

And now we have another huge hurricane in the gulf, and the projected path puts it going straight over Albany, GE where I have an old AF buddy, and he lives in a trailer. I texted him awhile ago and said, holy crap brother, you need to git the hell otta Dodge...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default We Are Fucking WATERLOGGED...

The weather here has been close to unbelievable this year - from the New Year we had weeks and months of heavy snow which was nothing like I’ve seen in my lifetime - living on the sea coast even when snow hits the inland (which is rare enough) we get all but nothing, but the first 3 months of my year was spent on early mornings ploughing paths.

That lead in to one of the longest periods of cloudless sunny days with oppressive heat in memory - when we get hot days, that’s it, a few hot days then a break, this was relentless for weeks on end.

And leading out the back of summer and into autumn we have been hammered by gale force winds and storms, the amount of damage that’s occurred at my workplace this year from Snow/Ice, Extended Heat, and Gales/Storms is nothing close to any other year in any single category, to of had it all within months is outrageous.

The next storm is due this weekend >,>
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have friends in Iowa and Minnesota that are getting pummeled by rain
    with an occasional tornado.

Gunny is right ↑. This is the 'pineapple express' from the SW near
    Hawaii. We see this every couple of years. How the jet stream pushes it
    determines where it will hit hardest.

Bush's Katrina was a load of bullshit concocted by liberals. He advised people
    72 hours prior to landfall to get out.

Not going to go through that lecture again here.
    Last edited by Elessar; 10-09-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

14. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

After a week and a half solid of rain, it just quit moments ago. I think it's finally moving on. So we're going to go from 80 degree rainy weather Monday and Tuesday to freezing this weekend. There's snow up in Minnesota and the Dakotas. I knew that's what would happen this year, straight from summer heat into winter, no Fall, and Fall is my favorite time of year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    The weather here has been close to unbelievable this year - from the New Year we had weeks and months of heavy snow which was nothing like I’ve seen in my lifetime - living on the sea coast even when snow hits the inland (which is rare enough) we get all but nothing, but the first 3 months of my year was spent on early mornings ploughing paths.

That lead in to one of the longest periods of cloudless sunny days with oppressive heat in memory - when we get hot days, that’s it, a few hot days then a break, this was relentless for weeks on end.

And leading out the back of summer and into autumn we have been hammered by gale force winds and storms, the amount of damage that’s occurred at my workplace this year from Snow/Ice, Extended Heat, and Gales/Storms is nothing close to any other year in any single category, to of had it all within months is outrageous.

The next storm is due this weekend >,>
    That was on the news this morning. Boosted your economy a bit. Or the British economy, anyway. Followed by the sourpuss predictor that it in no way means anything about BREXIT
    Last edited by Gunny; 10-10-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

After a week and a half solid of rain, it just quit moments ago. I think it's finally moving on. So we're going to go from 80 degree rainy weather Monday and Tuesday to freezing this weekend. There's snow up in Minnesota and the Dakotas. I knew that's what would happen this year, straight from summer heat into winter, no Fall, and Fall is my favorite time of year.
    We cleared out. Waiting on next week's "cold front" now. I'll get to wear long pants for the first time since April

18. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    We cleared out. Waiting on next week's "cold front" now. I'll get to wear long pants for the first time since April
    When I finally got the tires back on the Suburban from the all new brakes job, it was 79 degrees in the shop. The wind picked up and it's blowing pretty steady since, but it's 38 degrees here right now. A 41 degree difference in a DAY... welcome to Wisconsin...

At least the damn bugs are gone.

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post