Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Why Do I Love The Air Force? This Kinda Covers it...

... pretty decent video of an air show at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV. We had them every year I was there too, and at MacDill. All part of recruitment, but way back when we had our air shows at Nellis, we'd have an F-16, or an F-111, or/and a Blackbird do a high speed pass at supersonic speed and boom the crowd. I think they did away with that. Maybe afraid it would give someone a heart attack or something, or hurt someone's ears... none the less, this is pretty good... at my old base... 474th Tactical Fighter Wing... this was actually pretty much what we went through when we'd have our Operational Readiness Inspections, couple times a year, and we had be dressed in full chem warfare when they'd set off the red smoke charges... GAS, GAS, GAS... DON YOUR MASK... they'd simulate the base being attacked with A-10 Warhogs, defended with F-4's, F-111's, F-15's and F-16's. Of course a long time ago, we didn't have any F-35's... The T-38's and F-5's were always the RUSSIAN aggressors, just like in the movie Top Gun...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-12-2018 at 02:17 AM.

2. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

There's several good sonic booms in this vid... I don't think they're allowed to do this anymore by law... we did in 1980... of course that was 38 years ago... the SR-71 Blackbird high speed pass boom was the best. You got a second of a glimpse of it coming, you saw something go past in a split second, you heard the boom like an enormous bomb went off, and it was gone...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-12-2018 at 03:02 AM.

4. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Hell Gerard... you're a big tough guy hollywood actor... SUCK IT UP... I flew in an F-16, I flew in an F-4, it ain't that bad... CRYSTAL GALE flew in one of our B's at MacDill for crying out loud... a little GIRL...