Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Supreme Court Will Hear Case to Decide if Far Left Tech Giants Can Censor Users

The fact is, THEY ARE censoring the left. The ONLY question left to determine is if their actions are illegal in any manner, or if any law or regulation should be made to reel them in.

---

HUGE: Supreme Court Will Hear Case to Decide if Far Left Tech Giants Can Censor Users

For over a year The Gateway Pundit has spoken out about how the tech and social media giants are censoring and eliminating conservative publishers and conservative content.

*** In September The Gateway Pundit founder Jim Hoft testified to Congress on Facebook targeting of conservative publishers and content.

The Gateway Pundit has repeatedly reported on tech giant censorship of conservative content.

These powerful tech firms act as gatekeepers and prevent conservative content from being shared online.

In 2016 we were one of the few conservative sites that supported candidate Trump – along with Breitbart, The Drudge Report, Infowars, Zero Hedge and Conservative Treehouse. We are proud of our efforts to report the truth that led to Trump’s historic win.

In 2017 Harvard and Columbia Journalism Review found that The Gateway Pundit was the 4th most influential conservative news source in the 2016 election.

Because of this we were targeted and have seen our numbers related to Facebook and Twitter decline dramatically.

In February Facebook launched another algorithm change to their platform. With the changes we saw our traffic dwindle even further.

The algorithmic change caused President Donald Trump’s engagement on Facebook posts to plummet a whopping 45%.

Facebook is doing this to a number of top conservative sites.
    A recent Pew Study found that 71% of Americans see how tech giants are censoring political content.

A Gateway Pundit June study of top conservative news outlets found that Facebook eliminated 93% of traffic to top conservative websites.

Facebook began eliminating conservative content after the 2016 election. (of course, right after Trump got elected)

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-censor-users/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

5-4 CONSERVATIVE JUSTICES... I can tell you how this will go...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    5-4 CONSERVATIVE JUSTICES... I can tell you how this will go...
    My only question is how will be applied to First Amendment 'rights' vs. the rights of private
    ownership of a site.

After all, @jimnyc sets his rules here, as I did in mine. Set the rules, enforce them,
    and if the dissenter does not like that, boot them or suggest they go elsewhere.
    Interesting bend to this is the obvious leftist prejudice on the part of the management
    of the sites, that suppress the conservative members, mute, or ban them.

It should be interesting how it boils out.

The only one of those I use is Facebook, just to reply to news or sports articles.
    All of the rest can just float away as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by Elessar; 10-17-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    My only question is how will be applied to First Amendment 'rights' vs. the rights of private
    ownership of a site.

After all, @jimnyc sets his rules here, as I did in mine. Set the rules, enforce them,
    and if the dissenter does not like that, boot them or suggest they go elsewhere.
    Interesting bend to this is the obvious leftist prejudice on the part of the management
    of the sites, that suppress the conservative members, mute, or ban them.

It should be interesting how it boils out.

The only one of those I use is Facebook, just to reply to news or sports articles.
    All of the rest can just float away as far as I am concerned.
    Thing is though, these ass clowns have gone in front of congress and said they're being all fair and unbiased... they're lying through their teeth, and you don't go in front in front of congress and lie through your teeth.

Well... I guess that was a dumb statement... seems like everyone does nowadays...

But then there's also the issue of their impact they can have on elections, and that opens a whole new can of worms.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-18-2018 at 10:30 PM.