Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Yep... I Want This Bad...

I just don't know how I'm going to justify it...

My Best Buy CC is paid off... I am so tempted it's really eating on me. The cool thing is it's interest free with 24 months to pay...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rotel-7...?skuId=5623310

http://www.rotel.com/product/rap-1580
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-17-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I am electronics ignorant, just a dumb Boatswain's Mate.

What does it do?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

What does it do?
    It's an audio/video, integrated preamp/amp.

Pretty much a very high end, home theater receiver, minus the receiver(tuner), that acts like a processor/amp. I never listen to radio on my home theater anyway so who needs that?

I've always done a step up every time I replace a unit in my home theater, and I have a Denon AVR-4810CI now which was the Denon flagship home theater receiver in 2010, and it retailed for $3,000.00. It is a work horse and built like a Sherman tank. The problem is being 8 years old now, it doesn't have 4K pass through or bluetooth or Dolby Atmos, etc, all the new goodies, and I do need the 4K HDR pass through. I can't even plug my Mediacom TiVo box into it because it's set to output native 4K 60fps, and the Denon flat out rejects it, won't display it, not even pass through. Best it can pass is regular old hidef, 1080p. 4K is 2160p.

So I'd LOVE to have the new Rotel. Rotel is very high end, high quality stuff known for it's outstanding sound... but that $3,800 price tag has got me holding back. All my CC's are paid off, and the only thing I owe on is the new gym, and I could pay that off right now. I like to make those payments though because it looks great on your credit report. But when I get the gym paid off, and we get that 2.8% COLA raise... I'll probably pull the trigger on the Rotel. I know I'll be very anxious to drop that kind of money, but when I get it home and get it set up and start listening to it, all that will disappear...

I don't think I'll ever get tired of music. Jamming the tunes is something I still do, almost daily, and I like the high end equipment. The sound has to be experienced. If you've never listened to high end audio before, you really have no idea what you're missing.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-18-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

What does it do?
    It makes shit that sounds just fine on our Sanyo's better for those people that hear shit we don't.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It makes shit that sounds just fine on our Sanyo's better for those people that hear shit we don't.
    -----------------

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    -----------------
    I have exceptional hearing depending on circumstance. When it comes to audio, anything above stereo is beyond me. Never have figured out what hi-def TV is either. Got hi def and a hi def TV and it looks like TV to me.

Some people just appreciate things more than others, I guess.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I have exceptional hearing depending on circumstance. When it comes to audio, anything above stereo is beyond me. Never have figured out what hi-def TV is either. Got hi def and a hi def TV and it looks like TV to me.

Some people just appreciate things more than others, I guess.
    I have no excuses... I was born with it... I just love high tech stuff, especially audio stuff. I remember when I was a little guy, probably 8 or 9, and my Dad gave me this little AM/FM transistor radio, couldn't have been much more than 2x5 inches, 1.5 inches deep or so, in a little leather case. I just loved it and was always bugging him about it. When I started listening to it I could not believe the difference in sound quality between AM and FM, amplitude modulation and frequency modulation. I don't think my Dad ever had it on FM. I've been hooked ever since. I'm just an incurable audiophile.

But don't feel pregnant, Gunny. I've met very few people in my entire life that share the same passion for audio/video that I do. I probably have one the nicest home theaters in this town. Small town so it's not saying a whole lot, but I've been to NO ONES home that even remotely has a theater of any type. I'm sure most of my friends through my life, and the ones that have seen my setup and know the money I've dropped on it, they probably think I'm nuts.

One time this guy that does cement work here in town was bragging about his stereo in his man cave, he had, well, generic, low end stuff, MTX speakers, thread thin speaker wire, budget basement old receiver, but he was proud of it and I figured well good for him. Well I had him over here to do some cement work for me a couple years ago and invited him in the house to check out my setup, and the look on his face was priceless... he just went... SHEEEEEEZUZ.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-18-2018 at 09:01 PM.