Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Pres Trump Threatens to Close Southern border

Threatens to send the military there to close it:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tion/23564961/

I dunno. Good idea, but he might need to declare Martial Law to do it legally.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

FINALLY!

Should have been done years ago.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-18-2018 at 11:17 AM.

4. Thanks Bilgerat thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Threatens to send the military there to close it:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tion/23564961/

I dunno. Good idea, but he might need to declare Martial Law to do it legally.
    Why? The Dems/left would have you believe that, but the fact is, there is nothing wrong with using the US military to defend the sovereign border of the US. I could be mistaken (not really -- I'm a Marine ), but isn't physically defending the US against invasion one of the US military's primary missions?

That whole "you can't deploy US troops within the US" is being taken out fo context for political purposes. Not like that's anything new for the left. The intent of the law is that the US military no be used against its own citizens. That went about as far as Lincoln Not that it cannot be used to within the border to protect it.

Would make the military pretty pointless otherwise, wouldn't it?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Why? The Dems/left would have you believe that, but the fact is, there is nothing wrong with using the US military to defend the sovereign border of the US. I could be mistaken (not really -- I'm a Marine ), but isn't physically defending the US against invasion one of the US military's primary missions?

That whole "you can't deploy US troops within the US" is being taken out fo context for political purposes. Not like that's anything new for the left. The intent of the law is that the US military no be used against its own citizens. That went about as far as Lincoln Not that it cannot be used to within the border to protect it.

Would make the military pretty pointless otherwise, wouldn't it?
    Your points are valid. But it is not an invasion of troops.
    If they are engaged on our soil, then the rule of law must apply is the way I am seeing it.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

8. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Your points are valid. But it is not an invasion of troops.
    If they are engaged on our soil, then the rule of law must apply is the way I am seeing it.
    The "rule of law" does not preclude the INTENT of the law. Dem's cherry-picking words is not law, IMO.

Using your interpretation, you are saying that if Mexico, Russia or Cana-duh invade, we cannot deploy troops to defend our sovereign border. So we have a military to defend the US but can do so only on foreign soil? Nonsensical.

In order to defend the sovereign border of the US, we HAVE to be able to deploy troops within our border OR we become the invaders OR we let them waltz right in. A long as those troops are facing OUTBOARD, I don't see a valid argument from anyone.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The "rule of law" does not preclude the INTENT of the law. Dem's cherry-picking words is not law, IMO.

Using your interpretation, you are saying that if Mexico, Russia or Cana-duh invade, we cannot deploy troops to defend our sovereign border. So we have a military to defend the US but can do so only on foreign soil? Nonsensical.

In order to defend the sovereign border of the US, we HAVE to be able to deploy troops within our border OR we become the invaders OR we let them waltz right in. A long as those troops are facing OUTBOARD, I don't see a valid argument from anyone.
    No, that is not my intent at all. Foreign Nation invades, all bets are off. This is not a nation,
    so by rule of law, I think Martial Law should be declared along the border to make it legal under
    OUR Laws.

I believe we see the same thing, just in a different manner. Remember, I DID have to attend
    Maritime Law Enforcement School 3 times and annual training.

A Deplorable!

12. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

No, that is not my intent at all. Foreign Nation invades, all bets are off. This is not a nation,
    so by rule of law, I think Martial Law should be declared along the border to make it legal under
    OUR Laws.

I believe we see the same thing, just in a different manner. Remember, I DID have to attend
    Maritime Law Enforcement School 3 times and annual training.
    They don't just throw us to the wolves without school. Irrelevant. We disagree on the interpretation of the law. My interpretation is based on the law, and the intent of the law. The President does not need to declare martial law to deploy the US military to defend the sovereign US border.

IMO, it would be better for President Trump to deploy the military WITHOUT such a declaration as he can defend such a decision easier than he can a declaration of martial law which would give the Dems the ammo they are seeking to impeach him. Any such decision also needs to include a "go to" plan when the Dems try to or do tie it up in court as they have anything else he has done.

14. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

They don't just throw us to the wolves without school. Irrelevant. We disagree on the interpretation of the law. My interpretation is based on the law, and the intent of the law. The President does not need to declare martial law to deploy the US military to defend the sovereign US border.

IMO, it would be better for President Trump to deploy the military WITHOUT such a declaration as he can defend such a decision easier than he can a declaration of martial law which would give the Dems the ammo they are seeking to impeach him. Any such decision also needs to include a "go to" plan when the Dems try to or do tie it up in court as they have anything else he has done.
    Them dems are never going to impeach President Trump, for anything. I highly doubt they'll take the house, and certainly won't take the senate, and you can't remove him by impeachment without the senate... "Clinton." In fact, I'll go out on a limb right now and predict that the republicans retain both the house and the senate, and in fact pick up seats. I think people are being fed a pile of dog shit when it comes to this blue wave garbage, just like we were about Hitlery winning a LAND SLIDE... pfft... we know how that turned out. I don't think people are at ALL turned off by President Trump, more so now than when he won. I'd say he has even MORE support now than before, and after that Kavanaugh farce, and all the PROTESTS, and the chasing people around GETTING IN THEIR FACE and all that, I think that's REALLY turning off the majority of Americans, especially those who've been "on the fence." Then add to that all the good news, wages up, more jobs than people to fill them, taxes down, better trade deals, America now having the BEST competitive economy in the WORLD, and I can't see how dems even THINK they're going to have a blue wave... not going to happen.

And if President Trump puts troops on the border, if it comes to that, I think the VAST majority of Americans are going to be going... ABOUT FUCKING TIME... WE LOVE IT. He'll have unprecedented support. Sure the angry democrat MOB will be SCREAMING HELPLESSLY AT THE SKY, but then again, people are SICK OF IT.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-18-2018 at 09:26 PM.

16. Likes Elessar, Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Newt

Offers an Opinion, based on experience:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/newt...he-caravan-now

A Deplorable!

18. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Caravan attempts to break through and clash with Mexican Police (Federales):

https://www.oann.com/migrant-caravan...-border-fence/

A Deplorable!

20. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Caravan attempts to break through and clash with Mexican Police (Federales):

https://www.oann.com/migrant-caravan...-border-fence/
    They won't break through our military if President Trump is forced to do that. Our military doesn't crumble like a bunch of tin men when confronted.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-20-2018 at 06:47 PM.

22. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Heard the number is up to 7,000 now.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

25. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Heard the number is up to 7,000 now.
    Yep!

Martial Law declared in THAT region will make
    the military involvement legal.

USCG and USAF, but especially USCG on not need that.
    DOD Forces do.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Them dems are never going to impeach President Trump, for anything. I highly doubt they'll take the house, and certainly won't take the senate, and you can't remove him by impeachment without the senate... "Clinton." In fact, I'll go out on a limb right now and predict that the republicans retain both the house and the senate, and in fact pick up seats. I think people are being fed a pile of dog shit when it comes to this blue wave garbage, just like we were about Hitlery winning a LAND SLIDE... pfft... we know how that turned out. I don't think people are at ALL turned off by President Trump, more so now than when he won. I'd say he has even MORE support now than before, and after that Kavanaugh farce, and all the PROTESTS, and the chasing people around GETTING IN THEIR FACE and all that, I think that's REALLY turning off the majority of Americans, especially those who've been "on the fence." Then add to that all the good news, wages up, more jobs than people to fill them, taxes down, better trade deals, America now having the BEST competitive economy in the WORLD, and I can't see how dems even THINK they're going to have a blue wave... not going to happen.

And if President Trump puts troops on the border, if it comes to that, I think the VAST majority of Americans are going to be going... ABOUT FUCKING TIME... WE LOVE IT. He'll have unprecedented support. Sure the angry democrat MOB will be SCREAMING HELPLESSLY AT THE SKY, but then again, people are SICK OF IT.
    You cannot discount the "blue wave" for the simple reason that it is usually comprised of the young/new voters. Not to mention every illegal vote they can muster. The people coming of voting age now grew up during Obama, and for some reason think life was grand while he disemboweled the Nation.

Their biggest enemy is laziness/apathy/self-absorption of youth. If any of these Dems get through that it can be trouble. They DO reproduce faster than the right gains people who wake up.

Thus my constant hammering for years and years, every election -- make sure you get your ass out and vote. All the talk on the board is fine, but matters little if you don't make that opinion count the one way you can.