Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Death Wish - movie review

A different story than the original.

Dr. Paul Kersey is the head surgeon at a hospital. He is married and has a daughter - and also has a tragedy, which leads him down a dark and scary path. The police lead to dead ends, and he seems to think that sometimes one needs to take matters into their own hands.

And sometimes, then just taking out some dirtbags in general isn't really a bad thing.

I really enjoyed the flick, thanks to others, and I thought the story was good. But Paul Kersey is played by Bruce Willis in this version, and I'm saddened to say that his acting wasn't first rate in this movie. He seemed to have this same shit eating grin on his face throughout the entire movie as if he didn't care, and the same volume in voice. Just seemed as if he weren't really into it. But even with that. I still stuck around for the whole thing and enjoyed it.

If you liked the original with Charles Bronson, you may like this one as well. But Charles Bronson was better IMO, and a much tougher bastard in the flick.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Looks interesting...same (beginning)theme like original...

<b>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    A different story than the original.

Dr. Paul Kersey is the head surgeon at a hospital. He is married and has a daughter - and also has a tragedy, which leads him down a dark and scary path. The police lead to dead ends, and he seems to think that sometimes one needs to take matters into their own hands.

And sometimes, then just taking out some dirtbags in general isn't really a bad thing.

I really enjoyed the flick, thanks to others, and I thought the story was good. But Paul Kersey is played by Bruce Willis in this version, and I'm saddened to say that his acting wasn't first rate in this movie. He seemed to have this same shit eating grin on his face throughout the entire movie as if he didn't care, and the same volume in voice. Just seemed as if he weren't really into it. But even with that. I still stuck around for the whole thing and enjoyed it.

If you liked the original with Charles Bronson, you may like this one as well. But Charles Bronson was better IMO, and a much tougher bastard in the flick.
    Too many re-makes, or delayed continuations do not turn out too well.
    Bronson was a stud of an actor in this role. Willis...never been impressed with him.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!