Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default 49ers cheerleader takes a knee during anthem before Raiders game

49ers cheerleader takes a knee during anthem before Raiders game
    Yahoo Sports Jason Owens,Yahoo Sports 11 hours ago

Cheerleader for Colin Kaepernick’s former team kneels
    She took a knee on the night that the 49ers started quarterback Nick Mullens, who was promoted from the practice squad earlier this season after signing as an undrafted rookie in 2017.

Mullens is the third quarterback to start for the team this year after an ACL tear ended Jimmy Garoppolo’s season and a wrist injury kept backup C.J. Beathard out of Thursday’s game.

Colin Kaepernick, who started the practice of protesting social injustice by kneeling during the anthem, last played for the 49ers in 2016. He is still seeking NFL employment despite having proven himself as quarterback capable of starting in the league because of his decision to draw attention to police brutality and racial inequality.

First known NFL cheerleader protest
    While players throughout the league joined Kaepernick in his protests, this is the first known protest by an NFL cheerleader.

ELLE spoke with several NFL cheerleaders in 2017 asking why they did not participate in the protests alongside players. Some pointed to lack of support and fear of losing their positions in a climate where Kaepernick couldn’t find a job.

From ELLE’s report:

Not one woman ELLE.com spoke to for this story said she would have participated in the protests. It’s simply not the culture of cheering, they explained, and their captains wouldn’t have supported them. Also, since cheerleaders are often told how replaceable they are, they felt that they could very easily be fired for taking a stand. One pointed out that even a talented, well-known player like Kaepernick essentially lost his job for making a statement. Few cheerleaders would be willing to take that risk.
    One idiot that should be fired immediately . Very likely one that knew she would be gone next season.
    And wanted to cash in some way with some company--perhaps even already planned this stunt.
    A TOTALLY WORTHLESS POS , IMHO --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Well, a cheerleader is NOT on the team, but is an employee of the team.

She should fired and told to go dance somewhere else.
    They are replaceable.

Better yet, every team that visits Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Miami -
    should take a knee prior to the National Anthem to protest the uncontrolled
    black on black violence. THEN STAND Tall and Strong for the Anthem.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It will be interesting to see if she is an ex-cheerleader before their next game.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Why did I know before I even looked that she was going to be BLACK?