Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Once again

One of my sons wrote this two years ago. So very relevant and sums up not only his own beliefs but mine as well:

"I have two degrees, I am a world traveler who has lived for years in Europe, South West Asia, and South East Asia, as well as North America.... I interact sometimes on a daily basis with Gulf Coast and Levant Arabs (many who are either Sunni or Shia). I have three daughters, and a homosexual family member whom I love dearly. My wife is of Hispanic descent, as is one of my very best friends. I have lived and worked with minorities all my adult life. Sometimes leading people of different races and ethnicities, sometimes being led by them. I am a practicing Catholic, who consistently falls short of my own beliefs but understands the message of love from Jesus and attempts to apply it in dealings with others (however imperfect the execution). I believe there is a such thing as climate change. I don't believe the earth is only 10000 years old, and I don't believe everyone has to practice my religion... While it's true that Hillary won (or is winning) the popular vote, I understand the electoral college and why it's important... And I didn't need either college degree to figure it out. For ANYONE to suggest that they know that nearly 50% of the population voted for Trump, myself included.... Because they are stupid, racist, homophobic, or bigoted is a statement of such monumental arrogance that I continue to struggle to process such views. Reducing Trumps win to this accusation and applying it wholesale to a Trumps voters is its own kind of bigotry where any rational explanation I might give to why I voted the way I did is automatically dismissed. Now I sit back and watch adult children which our society continues to consistently produce (and I would not be so hypocritical to apply this observation to ALL young adults) actually CRY because their candidate lost... Others lament the that Trump will not represent them, all the while being oblivious to the fact that, perhaps, just maybe... Their candidate didn't represent what the other half of the nation wanted. I sit back and watch student riot, while they fail to realize that exact behavior is an example of the kind of thing most Trump supporters can't stand to look past anymore. This election wasn't about race, or sex, or sexual orientation. This was a rejection of elitist thinking ("oh, you don't know what you are taking about so not only do i disagree with you, I am better than you") as well as entitlement thinking ("I deserve free school, I need a safe space from ideas that make me feel sad when I can't shame people into thinking the way I do by calling them names, I shouldn't be held responsible for my actions even though I am an adult"). I already know I am going to get blown up over this post... That's fine, dismiss me if you want... But this issue will continue to haunt the left as long as their answer to opposition is attacking people's Character. Are some Trump supporters scumbags... Absolutely. Are some Hillary supporters scumbags... Yes... To give either a pass because they may have voted the way we did makes no sense. Example - I read a post from a Trump supporter that said all homosexuals deserved a bullet.... F- that guy. He doesn't represent me or my beliefs. But I don't ever remembering that being part of Trumps platform either..."
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, Elessar, FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown