Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    22,766
    Thanks (Given)
    6889
    Thanks (Received)
    11435
    Likes (Given)
    131
    Likes (Received)
    1134
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475143

    Default Sir Drummond...you assume....HE EVEN HAS A MIND.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    You realise, of course, that this suggestion comes from YOUR mind, and (so far as I'm aware) nobody else's ? H'm ?

    This is an important item, though (the UK Press thought so ... it was THE major story of the evening). What latitude should any one journalist have to try and hog as much airtime as he can, even through disreputable means, at a Presidential Press Conference ?

    He, and the outfit he works for, deserve all they have coming to them.

    I heard petey had a colonoscopy, and they discovered his brain cells, ready to drop.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mouth of the Rogue River, Oregon USA
    Posts
    7,947
    Thanks (Given)
    6932
    Thanks (Received)
    7062
    Likes (Given)
    1028
    Likes (Received)
    870
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17700073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    See my comment above yours. He knows that. He's doing his Jim Acosta routine.
    Pete can be an idiot....often.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

    A Deplorable!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA, Southern
    Posts
    23,537
    Thanks (Given)
    26295
    Thanks (Received)
    15113
    Likes (Given)
    1391
    Likes (Received)
    1000
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    This story is taking some weird twists - Acosta press permissions have been revoked, and Sanders tweeted a weird doctored video of the incident as a proof, when the undoctored video is in wide circulation :/
    Weird twist you say-- hmmmm...
    Hell man, he should be fired from his job , and Trump should have banned him from Presidential press engagements for the rest of his term.
    That piece of shit was so egregiously rude that he truly deserved to have the hell slapped out of him, IMHO.
    And what he did to the lady - well hell dude, you guys would have went totally off the wall ballistic over that were he a reporter from any right-wing paper.
    Yet you log on and make that comment about how twisted it was that the ffing worm/scumbag was punished!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,690
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4061673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Weird twist you say-- hmmmm...
    Hell man, he should be fired from his job , and Trump should have banned him from Presidential press engagements for the rest of his term.
    That piece of shit was so egregiously rude that he truly deserved to have the hell slapped out of him, IMHO.
    And what he did to the lady - well hell dude, you guys would have went totally off the wall ballistic over that were he a reporter from any right-wing paper.
    Yet you log on and make that comment about how twisted it was that the ffing worm/scumbag was punished!--Tyr
    What do you think of the fact that press secretary Sanders posted an obviously edited video of the event?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    26,931
    Thanks (Given)
    11493
    Thanks (Received)
    12359
    Likes (Given)
    966
    Likes (Received)
    1930
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    What do you think of the fact that press secretary Sanders posted an obviously edited video of the event?
    I think you must have missed the fact that CNN edited the video to omit the part where Acosta touched that intern.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  6. Likes Elessar liked this post
  7. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    54,464
    Thanks (Given)
    6877
    Thanks (Received)
    24112
    Likes (Given)
    2062
    Likes (Received)
    2094
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    What do you think of the fact that press secretary Sanders posted an obviously edited video of the event?
    Why do you support women being touched and having hands layed upon them, for doing their jobs? You're more worried about the editing of a video, the speed, rather than the touching itself.

    So you're all for women being touched when they wish not to. I'll recall that for later.
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    54,464
    Thanks (Given)
    6877
    Thanks (Received)
    24112
    Likes (Given)
    2062
    Likes (Received)
    2094
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    What do you think of the fact that press secretary Sanders posted an obviously edited video of the event?
    And even if - what is wrong with an edited video sped up to SHOW the touching - when the contents and actual touching - weren't edited at all? Fact is he DID touch her and that's ALL that matters.

    Some suddenly think that unwanted touching is Aok.
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    54,464
    Thanks (Given)
    6877
    Thanks (Received)
    24112
    Likes (Given)
    2062
    Likes (Received)
    2094
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    What do you think of the fact that press secretary Sanders posted an obviously edited video of the event?
    Lasly - she SHARED a video from a media site - she did not "post" it as if they made and doctored anything. Also a huge difference.
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    26,931
    Thanks (Given)
    11493
    Thanks (Received)
    12359
    Likes (Given)
    966
    Likes (Received)
    1930
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475250

    Default

    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  11. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
  12. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    54,464
    Thanks (Given)
    6877
    Thanks (Received)
    24112
    Likes (Given)
    2062
    Likes (Received)
    2094
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    One would think based on past postings, that the concern would start with the touching of a woman, then maybe off to a video.... but while some claim to be against such things, suddenly forget they are when it's a righty involved!
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  13. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    26,931
    Thanks (Given)
    11493
    Thanks (Received)
    12359
    Likes (Given)
    966
    Likes (Received)
    1930
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    One would think based on past postings, that the concern would start with the touching of a woman, then maybe off to a video.... but while some claim to be against such things, suddenly forget they are when it's a righty involved!
    Why, I think you’re right, Jim.
    I responded about this in your hypocrisy thread. Seems connected...

    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  14. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,690
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4061673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    A mostly transparent and colour shifted overlay of the original over the Sanders clip shows two speed changes, gif compression would only account for one.
    Last edited by Noir; 11-09-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

  15. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    54,464
    Thanks (Given)
    6877
    Thanks (Received)
    24112
    Likes (Given)
    2062
    Likes (Received)
    2094
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    Still no defense of this woman from anyone on the left that I can see, and I made many rounds through many media sites, and of course read all the comments that I can. While the fruity left had PLENTY to say when a man on the right barely touched a woman on the left.... now when similar happens, the left goes silent and/or thinks it's just OK for a man to lay hands on a woman, so long as it's "not much" or that it's in a slow motion of some sorts.

    All the defense goes to the trouble making Acosta and his ways.

    Some folks will go as far as to defend a woman touched in some sort of unwanted fashion from 80 years ago or so - but can't fathom doing so today, because the woman is from the right. Pathetic fuckers!
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  16. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    54,464
    Thanks (Given)
    6877
    Thanks (Received)
    24112
    Likes (Given)
    2062
    Likes (Received)
    2094
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    No explanation is even needed. The WH did not make the video. And the intern WAS touched in an unwanted manner.

    I wonder if going forward we are going to allow for the unwanted touching/grabbing/pushing of women - and who will be the one to draw the conclusions on whether it was lightly enough or quick enough? Will it be OK for Trump and others to do the same, so long as it's gentle enough, and/or fast/slow enough?
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  17. Likes Abbey liked this post
  18. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    54,464
    Thanks (Given)
    6877
    Thanks (Received)
    24112
    Likes (Given)
    2062
    Likes (Received)
    2094
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    Lost in this exchange, and the back and forth tussle between the left and the right - is the fact that Acosta will indefinitely be out of the WH with his antics.

    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •