Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Define 'doctored'? Was Sanders' video deliberately misleading?
    The video was deliberately edited at two points to change the speed of real time events.

Overlying a mostly transparent original over the one Sanders has posted shows clearly where the edits are.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    The video was deliberately edited at two points to change the speed of real time events.

Overlying a mostly transparent original over the one Sanders has posted shows clearly where the edits are.
    Understood - but the FACT is, with or without the speed change, he put his hands on this intern and shoved her arm away. This would not be acceptable from the left, and again, should not be acceptable now - from anyone.

There should be no such non-stop interrupting during a conference. And certainly no pushing away of interns when the president says 'next' and to move on - which is the queue for her to move the mic to the next reporter, and for him to STFU.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Understood - but the FACT is, with or without the speed change, he put his hands on this intern and shoved her arm away. This would not be acceptable from the left, and again, should not be acceptable now - from anyone.

There should be no such non-stop interrupting during a conference. And certainly no pushing away of interns when the president says 'next' and to move on - which is the queue for her to move the mic to the next reporter, and for him to STFU.
    People will have there own concerns/cares regarding what aspects of the story they are more interested by. Personally I think the most interesting element is that the US press secretary posted a doctored video, and that they have yet to respond to the fact that everyone knows it’s been manipulated.

Will Sanders mention it at all? Ignore it? Apologise? Delete it? Say it doesn’t matter? We’ll see.
    Last edited by Noir; 11-08-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Shove is an extreme exaggeration of the action.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Call it whatever you will - he layed hands on her and that cannot be disputed. His anger got to him. He shouldn't be touching anyone, let alone an intern doing her job.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Call it whatever you will - he layed hands on her and that cannot be disputed. His anger got to him. He shouldn't be touching anyone, let alone an intern doing her job.
    From looking at the video I don't see his hands on her. It's his forearm/wrist against her forearm/wrist.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

From looking at the video I don't see his hands on her. It's his forearm/wrist against her forearm/wrist.
    She went to take the mic, he pushed against her forearm to stop her. That's her job and she didn't lay hands on him. That is not his job, and he did lay hands on her.

When the president says next, or stop, you let go of the mic and it goes to the next person, and you wait your turn again. He NEVER wants to do this and expects endless answers all for himself instead if allowing for anyone else to go "next".

What would you say, if one of the black reporters were talking to him, and he gently touched/pushed her arm and took the mic away? Ill likely say ahead of time - yeah, sure!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Leftists are fine with interns being treated as human humidors as long as the one inserting the cigar protects their right to murder babies.

9. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

So if trump had done the same to April Ryan, this would be a nothing burger.

Right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

My favorite two hashtags...

#DemocratsAreThePartyofTrash, and #DemocratPropagandaWing. But I have been including #DemocratsAreThePartyofHate and #DemocratsAreThePartyofFascism lately, and ice that cake with #AngryDemocratMob.

These mongrel democrats simply are the FILTH of the WORLD, not just America... the WORLD.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default You mean....Extreme....like you?

Legally speaking, and an explanation to the Pre-schooler, petey. Touching is Assault. Doesn't matter whether it was a hand, or an arm. Assault is touching. Acosta is a member of your family, right? Both suffering from extreme...Trump Derangement Syndrome. But for you petey. Will only go away when you finally graduate to human, adult.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I thought Acosta should have grabbed her by the pussy. Then you guys won't care so much. This is a nothing burger. I've seen the video angles.
    You realise, of course, that this suggestion comes from YOUR mind, and (so far as I'm aware) nobody else's ? H'm ?

This is an important item, though (the UK Press thought so ... it was THE major story of the evening). What latitude should any one journalist have to try and hog as much airtime as he can, even through disreputable means, at a Presidential Press Conference ?

He, and the outfit he works for, deserve all they have coming to them.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

14. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

fucking
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Assault is assault, period. It does not mean hands-on only. It means pushing, spitting, shoving, kicking,
    confrontational, and even verbal.

Try looking up the definition of assault in the CFR.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/25/11.400

You can be really dumb.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

17. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Assault is assault, period. It does not mean hands-on only. It means pushing, spitting, shoving, kicking,
    confrontational, and even verbal.

Try looking up the definition of assault in the CFR.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/25/11.400

You can be really dumb.
    See my comment above yours. He knows that. He's doing his Jim Acosta routine.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Likes Elessar liked this post