Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Remembrance Day and Veteran's Day.

11 November Annually. Lots of people ignore, do not know,
    or have forgotten this Memorial Holiday.

Remembrance Day (sometimes known informally as Poppy Day) is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth of Nations member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty.

Veterans Day (originally known as Armistice Day) is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11,
    that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces.
    It coincides with other holidays, including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, celebrated in other countries
    that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I; major hostilities of World War I were formally ended
    at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect.
    At the urging of major veteran organizations, Armistice Day was renamed Veterans Day in 1954

Respectfully Submitted,
    Elessar, U.S. Cost Guard Veteran of 37 Years of service to our Nation And Allies
    Last edited by Elessar; 11-08-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    11 November Annually. Lots of people ignore, do not know,
    or have forgotten this Memorial Holiday.

Remembrance Day (sometimes known informally as Poppy Day) is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth of Nations member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty.

Veterans Day (originally known as Armistice Day) is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11,
    that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces.
    It coincides with other holidays, including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, celebrated in other countries
    that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I; major hostilities of World War I were formally ended
    at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect.
    At the urging of major veteran organizations, Armistice Day was renamed Veterans Day in 1954

Respectfully Submitted,
    Elessar, U.S. Cost Guard Veteran of 37 Years of service to our Nation And Allies
    Thanks for serving, brother! I say that in all sincerity too...
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

4. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Who can forget Veteran's Day? Nov 11th. *ahem* November 10, 1775 is the United States Marine Corps Birthday. November 10th is the United States Marine Corps Birthday Ball, annually.

November 11th = 'Sleep Off the Birthday Ball Day". It is so kind of the US to formally recognize the 11th as a much needed day of rest
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-08-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Elessar, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Who can forget Veteran's Day? Nov 11th. *ahem* November 10, 1775 is the United States Marine Corps Birthday. November 10th is the United States Marine Corps Birthday Ball, annually.

November 11th = 'Sleep Off the Birthday Ball Day". It is so kind of the US to formally recognize the 11th as a much needed day of rest
    An Early Happy Birthday, Jarheads!

May You, and All of Us, have many more!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post