View Poll Results: Are we nearing the end of days?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very soon now

4 21.05%
  • No, not in our lifetimes

8 42.11%
  • No, it will never happen

7 36.84%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Days

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default End of Days

What is your opinion about some sort of divine end to the world?
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

regardless of my opinion 'when' - it will absolutely happen.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    What is your opinion about some sort of divine end to the world?
    "Divine end to the world?" The world will, in all likelihood end one day, but I do not believe in any sort of "divine" factor will be involved.
    Last edited by hjmick; 08-27-2007 at 08:27 PM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "end days" are going to be when a natural disaster ruins the planet. That could be an asteroid, or the eventual engulfing of our planet by the sun.

Do I think the end days is going to be when Jesus swoops down and puts all the "non believers" in hell and takes all the "believers" with him to heaven?
    Nope.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The only choice I could vote for is one that says we cannot "know the hour". That is the biblical choice.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we are in the end days right now. how long is it going to last? who knows. But Christ is coming soon. I just wish soon for men was the same as for God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ....................

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    we are in the end days right now. how long is it going to last? who knows. But Christ is coming soon. I just wish soon for men was the same as for God.
    That's just nuts..............

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    That's just nuts..............
    Why don't you enlighten us as to why you think it's nuts rather than just taking a pot-shot?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reminds me of this exchange:

Worshipper: O God, what is a billion dollars to you?
    God: A mere penny.
    Worshipper: O God, what is a billion years to you?
    God: A minute.
    Worshipper: O God, please can you spare me a mere penny?
    God: Sure, I'll give it to you in a minute.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    Reminds me of this exchange:

Worshipper: O God, what is a billion dollars to you?
    God: A mere penny.
    Worshipper: O God, what is a billion years to you?
    God: A minute.
    Worshipper: O God, please can you spare me a mere penny?
    God: Sure, I'll give it to you in a minute.
    lol

Your sig is funny, Typo - not just because it violates the Font-size rule for sigs - but because I thought you are more Democratic-leaning. Most Dem. Policies HURT the poor. :-/
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I knew the end days were upon us when the Red Sox won the Series two years ago.

Now, when the Cubs win the Series, just look over your shoulder, and there'll be ol' Jesus, comin' for to carry you home........

To de Beulah Land.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
    And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
    And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    And even as I looked, behold, a fat lady came forth and sang.........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post
    The "end days" are going to be when a natural disaster ruins the planet. That could be an asteroid, or the eventual engulfing of our planet by the sun.

Do I think the end days is going to be when Jesus swoops down and puts all the "non believers" in hell and takes all the "believers" with him to heaven?
    Nope.
    Actually, that's not how it'll happen. First, the moon will turn blood red. The planet's weather will be incredibly turbulent and there will be chaos and anarchy because all believers will be "raptured," instantly disappearing and being transported to heaven by God when the great trumpet is sounded. The chaos resulting from the millions of sudden disappearances worldwide will border on anarchy, but just before the world tumbles out of control, a man with a plan will come to the forefront. He will meet with all the world leaders and unite them miraculously under one, world government. His reign will be known as the tribulation and it will last for seven years. All those left on Earth following the rapture will be forced to endure kill squads, rampant human rights abuses, starvation, etc, unless of course, they agree to become part of the beast. If they agree to take the mark--theorized to be a barcode or a microchip under their skin--they will get to live under the oppressive regime. Most people will take the mark because it will be impossible to buy anything or do anything that requires money without it. But there will be a minority who don't take the mark. They, the rebels, will keep to the hills and live off the land, off the grid until after seven years, they will have amassed enough of a military force to fight back against the antichrist's armies. That is if they survived when 2/3 of the Earth was swallowed in fire by the antichrist's nuclear holocaust. When the seven years are up, the forces of darkness will line up against the forces of light in the final battle for Earth: Armageddon. The forces of light, backed by an army of angels will win the battle and heaven will descend upon the Earth. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Hagbard, you are SUCH a sardonic, mocking bitch to people of faith. It does NOT make you cooler nor more-popular. WTF, over?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Actually, that's not how it'll happen.
    you guys do realize that apocalyptic literature was the 1st centuries equivalent of Gulliver's Travels and Saturday Night Live, right?