View Poll Results: Are we nearing the end of days?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very soon now

4 21.05%
  • No, not in our lifetimes

8 42.11%
  • No, it will never happen

7 36.84%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: End of Days

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Try reading sometime...
    I will....as soon as you post it.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I will....as soon as you post it.....
    I did. It's not my fault you're too bloody lazy to borrow a book from your local library and read it.

But let's cut to the chase. Look to Kings 4:27-37. In this Old Testament passage a parent comes to Elisha in anguish over their only child. You see this repeated in Mark 5:22-24 and Mark 5:35-43 where a distraught parent comes to Jesus regarding their only child.

In both stories, someone tries to prevent the parent from disturbing Elisha/Jesus. In neither story is it made clear whether the child is dead, dying or sleeping. In both stories the distance to the house a matter of some distance. In both stories, another person from the house comes and confirms that the child is, indeed, dead. In both stories Elisha/Jesus continue on to the house and the parent proceeds ahead of Elisha/Jesus to the house. And in both cases Elisha/Jesus run everyone out of the house before performing their miracle.

It should be apparent by this point that the story from the Book of Mark in the New Testament was lifted, almost word for word, from the Book of Kings in the Old Testament. The only changes being those which made it relevant to the writer(s) of the Book of Mark and contemporaneous/contextual to those who were its audience at that time. And this is but one example.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It should be apparent by this point that the story from the Book of Mark in the New Testament was lifted, almost word for word, from the Book of Kings in the Old Testament.
    or, that it was literally true that both were very busy people with the power to bring people back from the dead......

Elisha was a prophet.....his role was to foretell the coming of Christ, to demonstrate that role to the people of Israel......Jesus engaged in countless activities that the OT prophets engaged in, fulfilling their prophecies.....it wasn't that some lazy writer didn't want to come up with a new story, it was that the story itself was Jesus fulfilling those stories......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 09-01-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

or, that it was literally true that both were very busy people with the power to bring people back from the dead......

Elisha was a prophet.....his role was to foretell the coming of Christ, to demonstrate that role to the people of Israel......Jesus engaged in countless activities that the OT prophets engaged in, fulfilling their prophecies.....it wasn't that some lazy writer didn't want to come up with a new story, it was that the story itself was Jesus fulfilling those stories......
    Believe what you will. We shall have to agree to disagree. In matters of faith, as in matters of taste, there can be no satisfactory resolution of disagreements.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

there can be no satisfactory resolution of disagreements
    except for that 'well documented' part....that was pretty easy to discredit.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

except for that 'well documented' part....that was pretty easy to discredit.....
    Just what did you discredit? You presented no evidence to disprove my thesis...Only opinion. That hardly counts. Nice try though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You presented no evidence to disprove my thesis
    it was a thesis?.....I thought it was just a thoughtless comment that you didn't realize you might have to back up......all you did was flash the picture of some book.....how do we know the book has anything at all to do with your "thesis"?......it might be a cookbook filled with salmon recipies.......

you said it was "well documented", but so far I haven't seen even one 'document', let alone had opportunity to weigh how "well" it is.....your statement is discredited by your inability to support it.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ......................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    Of course, the liberal that I am and a complete believer and follower of Christ....I believe that He will have Mercy on us....

Lamb of God,
    Who takes away the sins of the world,
    Have Mercy on us.

jd
    Since when do Liberals believe in God other then when they are trying to get elected?

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

it was a thesis?.....I thought it was just a thoughtless comment that you didn't realize you might have to back up......all you did was flash the picture of some book.....how do we know the book has anything at all to do with your "thesis"?......it might be a cookbook filled with salmon recipies.......

you said it was "well documented", but so far I haven't seen even one 'document', let alone had opportunity to weigh how "well" it is.....your statement is discredited by your inability to support it.....
    Hmmm...Pot...Kettle...Black...?

Would you care to provide supporting evidence for your own assertions? Or do we just take it on faith? Your lack of intellectual curiosity is most telling, and typical of dogmatists. You will not examine anything which contradicts your views and when presented with evidence which runs contrary to those views you fall back into denial and dogma. Ye wee puir bairn.
    Last edited by bullypulpit; 09-01-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Since when do Liberals believe in God other then when they are trying to get elected?
    Since when do Conservatives believe in God other than when they are trying to get elected?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hmmm...Pot...Kettle...Black...?
    except in this instance, kettle is the only one with a thesis.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    Since when do Conservatives believe in God other than when they are trying to get elected?
    But "conservatives" do believe in God. They just do their praying in restroom stalls at airports.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

except in this instance, kettle is the only one with a thesis.....
    Now that you've recognized that I did indeed present a thesis, do you have evidence to refute it? Or will you simply lapse back into the circular logic of dogma?
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

well, if it were a master's "thesis", you would be expected to defend it first.....in light of the fact you haven't done anything except say it was 'well documented" there isn't much to be done beyond saying "why can't you provide any documentation, then".......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

well, if it were a master's "thesis", you would be expected to defend it first.....in light of the fact you haven't done anything except say it was 'well documented" there isn't much to be done beyond saying "why can't you provide any documentation, then".......
    Well golly, this isn't a master's thesis now...is it? And that I, being a semi-literate rube in your eyes apparently, have the temerity to question centuries of dogma strikes you as somehow offensive. Tch...Tch...Tch...

Now, I believe I raised a valid point and referenced a reputable and authoritative source, Karen Armstrong, as well as evidence in the form of the of biblical verses from the Book of Kings (Old Testament) and the Book of Mark (New Testament). You have presented just what to militate against that point? I mean beyond dogmatic adherence to doctrine? (crickets chirping)
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.