Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Golden Phone

A man decided to write a book about famous churches around the military. He bought a plane ticket to Camp LeJeune, thinking he would start by working his way across the USA from South to North.
    On his first day he was inside the Base Chapel taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall above a sign that read "$10,000 per call". The man, being intrigued, asked a Marine who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The Marine replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God. The man thanked the Marine and went on his way.
    Next, he stopped at Andrews Air Force Base in Washington D.C. There, at a very large Chapel, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He asked a nearby Airman what this phones's purpose was. She told him it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God. "OK, thank you" said the man, and left.
    He then travelled to Ft. Leonard, MO, Wright Patterson AFB, OH, Annapolis, MD and Paris Island, SC. In every Chapel he saw he same golden telephone with the same "$10,000 per call sign" under it.
    He decided to travel to a Coast Guard cutter to see if he would find the same phone. He arrived onboard and was invited to the Chiefs Mess. There was the same golden telephone. This time, however, the sign read "40 cents per call". The man was surprised.
    Just then, a Chief walked in and he asked about the sign. "Chief, I have travelled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many Chapels on many different military installations. I'm told that it is a direct line to heaven, but in the Marine Corps, the Army, the Air Force, and the Navy, the price was $10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?"
    The Chief smiled and answered, "Your'e in the Chiefs Mess now son, it's a local call."
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

2. Thanks Gunny, Elessar, CSM thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Nice one, Bilge!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

not a joke....reality!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

6. Thanks Bilgerat thanked this post