Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default CNN and Jim Acosta file lawsuit against Trump administration

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Protect yourself by avoiding having to actually answer the question? That's exactly how ACOSTA and the CNN Lawyers would be doing it too!

Your ability to sidestep, deflect, and resort to nearly blaming others...merely to avoid being held responsible, or accountable for actually answering a question, or presenting a logical thought is TELLING...Liberally, Progressively, and Almost American, Radically Democrat.

If you can't honestly present any kind of answer...OF YOUR OWN. Why bother pretending to be as smart as you want us to believe you are?
    Your post was how a precedent would not be set. I was not the one who said it was. - Jim and Black Diamond said it could, in response to my question about why Fox are doing what they’re doing.

So if you contention is with whether or not a precedent can be set, it only makes sense to direct that to the people in the thread who have said so.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's quite EASY, Noir...

If the president tosses someone - and it's now being decided by a court - and if they allow it - then obviously the precedent set is that it is obviously allowable under certain circumstances. That is not good for any station no matter who you may support.

Clear?

Or will you deflect and say "ask AT" or whatever. It's truly that simple, it's about precedent and the law and not about who supports who over an incident.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Judge orders Acosta to get back pass due to lack of proper process by admin
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/judg...ress-pass.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Judge orders Acosta to get back pass due to lack of proper process by admin
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/judg...ress-pass.html
    Fuck the judge, fuck Acosta, and fuck YOU for supporting such shit. Proper admin my ass.

"HOLD THE LINE CEASE FIRE! The bullets are flying right fucking now but we need to check and make sure we can shoot backand our bullets have all the proper paperwork before we do" Go fuck yourself, pussy.
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-16-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Fuck the judge, fuck Acosta, and fuck YOU for supporting such shit. Proper admin my ass.

"HOLD THE LINE CEASE FIRE! The bullets are flying right fucking now but we need to check and make sure we can shoot backand our bullets have all the proper paperwork before we do" Go fuck yourself, pussy.
    take your pills gunny, you got triggered hard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    take your pills gunny, you got triggered hard
    Addressing me personally again, loser? I'd throw his ass out again in a heartbeat. Or cancel all press conferences. As we all know, Trump has Twitter.

Triggered? I'm fed up with your evil little empire ruining MY country. Leave or die. I'll be fine.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So Acosta got his timeout, and now he's back. And I hope they do the same thing if he continues to act up. One does not have a constitutional right to be a disruption, even if they do have that right to be there as press and ask questions.

Either that, or I simply will have a TON of questions to answer from other folks.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So Acosta got his timeout, and now he's back. And I hope they do the same thing if he continues to act up. One does not have a constitutional right to be a disruption, even if they do have that right to be there as press and ask questions.

Either that, or I simply will have a TON of questions to answer from other folks.
    Yep. If Acosta was alone in the room I'd have the aide run the microphone over to the spider in the corner.

13. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yep. If Acosta was alone in the room I'd have the aide run the microphone over to the spider in the corner.
    I think Trump has purposely let the loudmouth get the mic over and over, and maybe to even fight a little himself. But I just wouldn't call on him as much anymore, if at all. There are plenty of others that very rarely get called upon, and for the next 6 years it'll simply be a little more for them, and a little less for CNN.

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yups....

---

Federal judge sides with CNN, orders White House to restore Jim Acosta's press pass

In a preliminary ruling, a federal judge in Washington, D.C., sided with CNN on Friday in its lawsuit against President Trump, ordering the White House to immediately reinstate correspondent Jim Acosta’s press credentials.

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy J. Kelly, who was appointed by Trump, said the White House failed to provide Acosta due process in revoking his access, and he granted a temporary restraining order restoring it. Kelly noted that it was a “very limited” ruling, based on due-process considerations.

The judge said that Trump does not have to call on Acosta ever again but that the CNN chief White House correspondent is owed due process before the administration can revoke his “hard,” or permanent, press pass.

“Whatever process occurred within the government is still so shrouded in mystery that the government could not tell me at oral argument who made the initial decision to revoke Mr. Acosta’s press pass,” Kelly said.

CNN had been seeking to restore Acosta’s credentials as the network’s First Amendment case against the White House goes forward.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-j...164619698.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

As I was saying, precedent is what a lot care about.

---

Judge: White House has to reinstate Jim Acosta's press pass

A judge issued an injunction on Friday morning ordering the White House to reinstate CNN’s Jim Acosta’s press pass, arguing that Acosta’s First Amendment rights trump the White House’s right to an orderly press room.

Judge Timothy J. Kelly was initially expected to make an announcement in the case on Thursday at 3 p.m. EST, but the announcement was delayed until Friday morning.

Kelly agreed with the White House that there is no First Amendment right to be on the White House grounds, but added that Acosta did not receive due process before his pass was revoked.

Judge Kelly, who was nominated by Trump in 2017, further explained that the president is not required to call on Acosta at press events but that Acosta’s First Amendment rights are more important than the White House being able to have orderly press conferences.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/16/c...ation-lawsuit/

18. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As I was saying, precedent is what a lot care about.

---

Judge: White House has to reinstate Jim Acosta's press pass

A judge issued an injunction on Friday morning ordering the White House to reinstate CNN’s Jim Acosta’s press pass, arguing that Acosta’s First Amendment rights trump the White House’s right to an orderly press room.

Judge Timothy J. Kelly was initially expected to make an announcement in the case on Thursday at 3 p.m. EST, but the announcement was delayed until Friday morning.

Kelly agreed with the White House that there is no First Amendment right to be on the White House grounds, but added that Acosta did not receive due process before his pass was revoked.

Judge Kelly, who was nominated by Trump in 2017, further explained that the president is not required to call on Acosta at press events but that Acosta’s First Amendment rights are more important than the White House being able to have orderly press conferences.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/16/c...ation-lawsuit/
    Sounds good. Be interesting to see what happens at next press conference.

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Cool. Acosta will be back. And rules will change and hopefully he will ultimately regret being the biggest pain in the ass ever as a reporter, and regret touching and preventing this intern from doing her job.

---

White House reacts to Jim Acosta court ruling

The White House will reinstate CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s press credentials Friday in response to a court ruling but said they would make changes to the way they run press conferences, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement.

“Today, the court made clear that there is no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House. In response to the court, we will temporarily reinstate the reporter’s hard pass,” Sanders said. “We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future. There must be decorum at the White House.”

Judge Timothy J. Kelly issued an injunction Friday morning ordering the White House to reinstate Acosta’s credentials, saying his Fifth Amendment right to due process was violated. The judge made clear, however, that he made no ruling on whether the First Amendment right applies for any reporter to be at the White House.

Sanders statement is unclear on whether the White House will continue to contest the lawsuit to have a ruling made on First Amendment grounds. The White House revoked Acosta’s credentials last week claiming that he laid hands on an intern after refusing to surrender the microphone during a press conference.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/16/w...ng-press-pass/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Sounds good. Be interesting to see what happens at next press conference.
    That is a bullshit ruling. Screw his "precedent" if it is not lawful. WHAT First Amendment Right does Acosta have to be at a Presidential press conference? None.

I'd appeal the ruling. Everyone else has to follow the rules but some crybaby-ass CNN Dem who abuses the legal system doesn't. Fuck THAT. The Dems need to start getting their ases slapped hard, and so do justices ruling outside the law.

In th emeatime, I'd pretend the fucker wasn't there.
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-16-2018 at 01:10 PM.

23. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

So you have the right to due process even if your behavior requires immediate action? Really. So how does this apply to all the losers the Dem's send into Congress to disrupt? What about THEIR due process?

The ruling is bullshit and it isn't about Acosta nor Trump. It should be appealed because it is a stupid ruling.