Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Steelers and Le'veon Bell, traitor & memory lane

In case you haven't followed it - Le'veon Bell is basically done as a Steeler. He could have been the best RB the Steelers ever saw. Instead, he never showed up to training camp - wanting more money and a better deal.

Then he skipped regular season games. Then he took it all the way past week 10 - now making him ineligible to play for anyone this year, and will become a free agent next year, likely to sign a lengthy deal with someone else.

I love, or should I say loved the guy. He's awesome, why wouldn't you want him on your team. BUT BUT he always spoke of not caring about money, and the love of the game and wanting to retire as a Steeler. I guess times changed and now he's greedy. I say EFF 'em and adios and don't let the door hit ya!

But here's a trip down memory lane of the things he has stated over the years, until like March or so of this year when he did an about face for no reason.

---

In his own words: A trip down memory lane with Le’Veon Bell on social media

Le’Veon Bell might be all about the money now, but there was once a time when the running back was all about football, integrity and the sanctity of the game. Hard to believe right?

If the latest rumors surrounding Le’Veon Bell are to be believed, he will not be returning to the Pittsburgh Steelers this season and will be playing elsewhere in 2019. While little has been heard from Bell since he told Jeremy Fowler of ESPN that “sitting out the entire season was never an option” back in October, he has continued to use social media to tell his side of the story.

With his upside tweets and cryptic posts, Bell’s message has not always been clear as of late, but that was not always the case. Before he joined the professional ranks, and even for some years after that, Bell had a rather different attitude about life in the NFL. There was a time when No.26 was all about football and had no interest in money and fame. A purist who cared about nothing but his legacy and the sanctity of the game. Someone who valued integrity and honesty above all else. These are not hyperboles on my part, rather words from Bell’s own mouth.

When Bell was still in college, he had a completely different opinion about money and hated dishonesty in all of its forms.

That attitude didn't change right away either, even when Bell started to gain some early success in the league.

Staying in Pittsburgh was always his priority.

And he loved his coach.

But ultimately that all changed

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...media-nfl-news
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

How much time has he missed. Do you really think he will be as good as he was

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    How much time has he missed. Do you really think he will be as good as he was
    He will have sat out an entire year AND left $15 million on the table that he would have been paid this year, he would have been the highest paid RB in the NFL. But he wants guaranteed long term money.

I think he will likely be as good, but maybe a little stale at first. But he has aged, the body just does that, I don't care who you are.

But also, this whole thing shows me that he is mostly about money, not loyalty, and he talks a load of shit. The way he handled this entire thing, and refused to even return text messages to the coach and other players... I dunno, it's a shame that he went south of what I thought of him, and hoped for him.

The Steelers offered him a 5 year $70 mil contract and he turned them down, as it only "guaranteed" like 19 million or so - but he wants like almost the entire contract guaranteed up front. Kinda rare.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I am the intermediary here. Here's what my friend said.

They franchise tagged him. Like they did this year and he told them not to.

Loyalty? They ran more offense through him than any team has ever ran through a player. In a position that has an average 5 yr career. The man wants to be paid. What’s wrong with that? You pay Antonio Brown more than that and he doesn’t have half the touches.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I am the intermediary here. Here's what my friend said.

They franchise tagged him. Like they did this year and he told them not to.

Loyalty? They ran more offense through him than any team has ever ran through a player. In a position that has an average 5 yr career. The man wants to be paid. What’s wrong with that? You pay Antonio Brown more than that and he doesn’t have half the touches.
    Yes, they tagged him 2 years in a row since they couldn't agree on a long term deal. If they did the same 3 years in a row, he would get a franchise tag, but it would be the average of the top 5 highest paid QB's then, instead of RB's, likely paying him like $30 mil for just one year - and they ain't paying that.

And yup, between his running stats and receiving stats, he had a HUGE workload, and SHOULD be paid as such. The Steelers offered him the 70 for 5 years, which would be $14 mil per year making him the highest paid in the NFL. But he wants, and will likely get on the market, more like 16 or 17 mil per year, and will want a LOT of it guaranteed. Someone WILL pay him that as well. Like the Jets! I hope he enjoys giving up a perennial playoff team and ends up on some shit team. And in the long run - will it really make that much of a difference in his life? When he retires, for example, instead of having like $95 million in the bank, he'll have like $105-110 in my opinion. IMO - remain loyal, don't uproot the life and move all over - and stay with the Steelers!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I just don't understand a lot of this crap these days.

Speak first about 'loyalty', 'respect', and 'not for the money' - but then
    turn all of that on its collective ear. Then go around and do just the opposite.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!