In case you haven't followed it - Le'veon Bell is basically done as a Steeler. He could have been the best RB the Steelers ever saw. Instead, he never showed up to training camp - wanting more money and a better deal.

Then he skipped regular season games. Then he took it all the way past week 10 - now making him ineligible to play for anyone this year, and will become a free agent next year, likely to sign a lengthy deal with someone else.

I love, or should I say loved the guy. He's awesome, why wouldn't you want him on your team. BUT BUT he always spoke of not caring about money, and the love of the game and wanting to retire as a Steeler. I guess times changed and now he's greedy. I say EFF 'em and adios and don't let the door hit ya!

But here's a trip down memory lane of the things he has stated over the years, until like March or so of this year when he did an about face for no reason.

---

In his own words: A trip down memory lane with Le’Veon Bell on social media

Le’Veon Bell might be all about the money now, but there was once a time when the running back was all about football, integrity and the sanctity of the game. Hard to believe right?

If the latest rumors surrounding Le’Veon Bell are to be believed, he will not be returning to the Pittsburgh Steelers this season and will be playing elsewhere in 2019. While little has been heard from Bell since he told Jeremy Fowler of ESPN that “sitting out the entire season was never an option” back in October, he has continued to use social media to tell his side of the story.

With his upside tweets and cryptic posts, Bell’s message has not always been clear as of late, but that was not always the case. Before he joined the professional ranks, and even for some years after that, Bell had a rather different attitude about life in the NFL. There was a time when No.26 was all about football and had no interest in money and fame. A purist who cared about nothing but his legacy and the sanctity of the game. Someone who valued integrity and honesty above all else. These are not hyperboles on my part, rather words from Bell’s own mouth.

When Bell was still in college, he had a completely different opinion about money and hated dishonesty in all of its forms.

That attitude didn't change right away either, even when Bell started to gain some early success in the league.

Staying in Pittsburgh was always his priority.

And he loved his coach.

But ultimately that all changed

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...media-nfl-news