Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump: ‘We’re Writing Up Rules and Regulations’ for Reporter Decorum

Seeing that there are all adults involved, I find it comical that now instructions will be needed for them, to explain how to show a little class, not interrupt, let others ask questions, not touch others....

---

Trump: ‘We’re Writing Up Rules and Regulations’ for Reporter Decorum at Press Conferences

(CNSNews.com) – "People have to behave,” President Donald Trump said when asked about Friday’s ruling by U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia Judge Timothy J. Kelly giving CNN a temporary restraining order requiring the White House to return CNN White House Correspondent Jim Acosta’s press pass.

“We're writing up rules and regulations,” Trump told reporters after signing a bill on cybersecurity and infrastructure security. “I think you were treated very unfairly. Both of you. Because you had somebody interrupting you. With the rules and regulations, we will end up back in court, and we will win."

Asked what he means about “rules and regulations,” Trump said, "Decorum. You can't take three questions and four questions, and you can't stand up and not sit down.

"We want total freedom of the press. It's more important to me than anybody would believe, but you have to act with respect. You're at the White House, and when I see the way some of my people get treated at news conferences, it's terrible,” he said.

“So we're setting up a certain standard, which is what the court is requesting, and always freedom of the press, always First Amendment, and that’s just the way it is,” the president said.

Trump said that members of the administration “always have the option of leaving,” adding that “the other media and press in the room won't be happy."

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-decorum-press
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And there's very good reason for this, as I said earlier. This judge didn't rule on the 1st, but rather the 5th. When the rules and regulations are in place, then when someone purposely goes out of bounds, then that will about covers things.

And I hope Acosta continues to test him.

And let him ask the tough questions, as unlike the article states, Trump has surely never shied away from them! And then when you get your answer, simply and kindly hand the microphone back to who is in charge of that mic. If not, face the consequences of your lack of decorum.

---

Judge Grants CNN Temporary Relief in Lawsuit, Orders WH to Return Acosta’s Press Pass

(CNSNews.com) – Judge Timothy J. Kelly of the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia granted CNN a temporary restraining order Friday, saying that the White House must return CNN White House Correspondent Jim Acosta’s press pass.

The judge did not rule on whether President Donald Trump and his aides violated Acosta’s First Amendment rights by suspending the hard pass in the first place.

Kelly did, however, rule on CNN’s Fifth Amendment argument that Acosta was denied due process before revoking the press pass, thus granting temporary relief by ordering Acosta’s pass be returned.

The White House said it will abide by the judge’s ruling and return Acosta’s pass.

“Today, the court made clear that there is no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House. In response to the court, we will temporarily reinstate the reporter’s hard pass. We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future. There must be decorum at the White House,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement.

"We are gratified with this result and we look forward to a full resolution in the coming days. Our sincere thanks to all who have supported not just CNN, but a free, strong and independent American press," CNN said in a statement reacting to the ruling.

Ted Boutrous, the attorney representing CNN in the lawsuit, called it "a great day for the First Amendment and journalism."

Acosta, speaking to reporters after the ruling, thanked those in the media who supported him in the lawsuit and added, “Let's get back to work.”

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) also weighed in on the ruling, saying, "Today’s decision reaffirms that no one, not even the president, is above the law.

“The White House surely hoped that expelling a reporter would deter forceful questioning, but the court’s ruling will have the opposite effect. The freedom of the press is a bedrock principle, and our democracy is strengthened when journalists challenge our leaders rather than defer to them,” Ben Wizner, director of the ACLU’s speech, privacy, and technology project, said in a statement.

Arguments still continue in the case. Additional hearings are expected to take place in the near future to decide on the First Amendment issue.

As CNSNews.com previously reported, Acosta’s White House press credentials were suspended last week after he refused to give the microphone back to a White House intern during a press conference with Trump when Trump refused to answer any more of Acosta’s questions.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said at the time that the White House will “never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young women just trying to do her job as a White House intern.” She called his behavior “absolutely unacceptable” and disrespectful to other reporters he refused to allow to ask their questions.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...rn-jim-acostas
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

That judge had no legal right to make that ruling-Trump did not deny CNN entry into press conferences , instead he denied that asshole, CNN can send another reporter. The judge himself should NOW be investigated , IMHO. Seems to me these judges no matter what political affiliation they claim, bow to the ffing PC culture the worthless dems/libs have installed.
    One could ask why this judge thinks he has any authority over the White house, and its decorum.
    As this was a matter of decorum , not infringing upon somebody's right-- as if a reporter has the damn right to act lire that ffing piece of shit did. A man that I would spit on in a damn heartbeat if he ever stepped in front of me.
    That these ffing judges get by with doing this crap pisses me off to no end.
    Now damn judges get to set the rules in the Whitehouse press briefings(when its a Republican President)....
    hmmmmmm.
    Transvestites invited to be guests in classrooms, to teach young kids that their way is ok and damn judges telling the President how to run the Whitehouse--anybody think we as a nation have not came right up to the brink??
    Had better think again, IMHO ...
    True Americans are damn sick of this ffkking shit.... and one day may decide enough is enough and then look out..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

They also put in a new seat just for Acosta...

8. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, LongTermGuy liked this post