Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Democrat Gillum Concedes Florida

Abrams, and now this one. At least 2 that couldn't be stolen. Well, Abrams is filing a lawsuit from what I understand.

---

After Recount, Democrat Gillum Concedes Florida Governor Race to Republican DeSantis

After a strenuous recount process that ended Thursday, Democrat Andrew Gillum has thrown in the towel and conceded the Florida governor’s race to Republican Ron DeSantis, making DeSantis Florida’s governor-elect.

DeSantis defeated Gillum by 33,683 votes, or 0.41 percentage points.

Gillum, who withdrew his Nov. 6th concession to DeSantis once the election went to an automatic recount, released an official statement on Facebook saying, “We said we would fight until the last vote is counted. We are now closing out the hand recount phase in two of the statewide races.”

Gillum, who serves as Tallahassee’s mayor, also congratulated Governor-elect DeSantis and thanked his running mate, Chris King, on Twitter Saturday evening.

“I want to congratulate @RonDeSantisFL on becoming the next Governor of the great state of Florida. My wife R. Jai and I could not be prouder of the way we ran this race. We could not be more thankful to my running mate, @ChrisKingFL and his wife Kristen.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ican-desantis/

Ron Desantis wins Florida gubernatorial election after Andrew Gillum concedes again

Former Republican Rep. Ron DeSantis defeated Democratic Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum on Saturday after an incredibly heated Florida gubernatorial race that remained contested for longer than a week after polls closed.

Gillum ended the race via a message on Facebook, congratulating DeSantis for winning the governorship and giving a final concession. However, the results of the race will likely not be certified by the state until Tuesday.

“[My wife] R. Jai and I wanted to take a moment to congratulate Mr. DeSantis on becoming the next governor of the great state of Florida,” Gillum said. “This has been the journey of our lives.”

Gillum’s announcement follows an automatic recount that ended Thursday and showed him gaining just one net vote in the process, making the margin against DeSantis officially 33,683 votes, or 0.41 percentage points.

DeSantis initially declared victory after Gillum conceded on the evening of Election Day. Gillum, however, withdrew his concession on Nov. 10 after the voting margin narrowed in the Democrats’ favor as absentee and provisional ballots were tallied.

DeSantis has represented Florida’s 6th Congressional District since 2013 and was a founding member of the conservative House Freedom Caucus. He has also been a frequent critic of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian meddling during the 2016 presidential election and a close ally of President Donald Trump.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/17/r...rial-election/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Question: Should one be allowed to withdraw a concession? I say no. You tap out, you tap out. The rules don't say you have to be winning or losing. Just that you gave up.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke