Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default CNN Legend Larry King: CNN 'Is Not a News Network'

Who would know better than a former CNN broadcaster for 25+ years, who is in broadcasting for 60+ years.

---

CNN Legend Larry King: CNN 'Is Not a News Network'

Radio and TV legend Larry King, who hosted Larry King Live on CNN for 25 years, said that CNN today is "not a news network" but an "opinion" network -- "they stopped doing news."

King, who has worked in radio and TV since 1957 and has won an Emmy, two Peabodys, and 10 Cable Ace Awards, made his remarks on the Nov. 15 edition of the Law & Crime Network, an online program that covers the U.S. justice system.

When asked about CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta's recent hostile tangle with President Donald Trump, Larry King said, “Jim [Acosta] was a little out of line. I wouldn’t have gone that far. He [Trump] answered one or two questions then he didn’t want to answer anymore."

"You got a room full of people all of whom have the right to ask questions," said King. "Jim might have gone a little too far. The president kept going back to him, referring you could run CNN, who should run CNN. To me, you know what this was? Eighth grade. It was the playground, ‘That’s my ball and I want to play today on the team.’ It was childish.”

The host then asked, "My question is, what is the role of the journalist? Should they become the star of the story?"

King, who has conducted more than 33,000 interviews in his career, said, “No. I’ve been in the business 61 years and I’ve always felt that the guest was the star. The person your asking the question of is, for want of a better term, the star."

"At a Trump press conference, Trump is the star," said King. "You try to learn as much as you can from him. But you’re not bigger than him. It isn’t about you. It’s about him."

Commenting on his old network, King said, “The terrible part to me is, after all those years at CNN and now – is to see CNN has become — as is Fox, and MSNBC — Trump networks. There’s the anti-Trump network, the partial anti-Trump network, and the pro-Trump network."

"But they’re not news networks," he said. "They’re not news networks.”

“They do pundits" on CNN, he said. "A typical CNN show is eight guests – he has an opinion, he has an opinion, he has an opinion…. They stopped doing news.”

Later in the interview, King stressed, “A news organization leads the news, it doesn’t follow."

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael...t-news-network
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Fox News isn't any different. They're an OPINION network also. Here's their new ad... "OPINION DONE RIGHT."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ion-done-right

This is what I've been saying about supposed NEWS channels for years now... it's NOT news... not when you get a host give you a 20 second lead in about some breaking story, and then says, "now let's bring on our panel," or "now let's welcome so and so, and so and so, to "get their REACTION," that's the NEW word... REACTION, and then the next 30 minutes is ALL OPINION.

Well I don't need to hear these talking heads REACTIONS. I don't need them to ANALYZE the news for me, and I don't need to hear their OPINION. I am 100% fully capable of doing ALL THAT MYSELF.

This is why I have virtually tuned ALL news out, even fox news... it's not news.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-18-2018 at 10:30 AM.

3. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have observed and now fully believe that if you want real news, stick to the local
    broadcasts.

The national broadcasts are always opinion based in most all issues and stray
    away from being informative.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I have observed and now fully believe that if you want real news, stick to the local
    broadcasts.

The national broadcasts are always opinion based in most all issues and stray
    away from being informative.
    You'll get some pretty leftist garbage if you listen to the local channels here out of Madison, WI.