Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default I don't think i'm poor. But the prices people pay for stuff...I cannot imagine

Was reading about a hopped-up new Chevy Truck - Generally it's cool, except Chevy trucks will suck until they move-away from the square fenders.

Anywho - here's the truck

"The 5k premium will put the base price of the Bison at $48,045 for extended cab, and $49,645 for crew cab V6 models, which is actually surprisingly affordable."
    Emphasis mine.

What. the. hell. $50,000 on a car is nowadays 'surprisingly affordable' I just don't get it. I make - I dunno? Do I make good money? Maybe. I think i do okay. And thinking about financing $50,000 for a car - or even saving to pay for it outright. How do the masses have that kind of scratch? FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS.

For $50,000 I could buy 40 acres in Montana

For $50,000 I could buy This wicked-cool Defender and have $18000 left over.

For $50,000 I could Start a franchise business

We are talking, if financed, about $425 per pay period. I guess I could absorb that for 5 years or so...but Damn.

Truth in lending? The newest model car i've owned is a 2007; the newest car i've owned is a 2004 I bought in December of 2004. My current car (2007 CooperS) was about $8000.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

2. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My new Yukon costs more than my first house. Luckily, I'm not paying interest.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Likes darin, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah I don't know what happened to the price of TRUCKS, but at some point it went through the roof. My 2015, 3/4 ton, Silverado, Z71, LTZ was $54,500 new, and I was just looking for fun at new trucks the other day and a new Suburban, a 2019 LTZ, costs more than I paid for my house. I've had two Chevy Tahoes and really like them, so I looked at one of those too, and even those are in the $70,000 a pop neighborhood new. I wouldn't spend that much.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-19-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

how do people make so much money they consider $1000/month+ as just the cost of doing business in terms of having a car?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Trucks these days are more like tanks. Who really needs all that? Totally overpowered for most people. A basic F-150 will do everything 95% need it to do.

8. Likes darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Trucks these days are more like tanks. Who really needs all that? Totally overpowered for most people. A basic F-150 will do everything 95% need it to do.
    And the F-150 just came out with a "super snake" version, a Carol Shelby modified version! It's SWEET!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

When the Camaro is paid off, I most certainly will be looking at something like this... another 3/4 ton but a diesel, Allison trans, and it has to be an LTZ... this is nice... I don't know why people stick those STUPID things on above the windows though. They just burn up, get brittle, crack and discolor after awhile. The Suburban had them stuck on it and it was one of the first things I tore off.

https://www.joneschev.com/VehicleDet...-WI/3297663683

PRE-OWNED 2017 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500HDCrew Cab Standard Box 4-Wheel Drive LTZ

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-19-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default That's amazing!

The closest I will ever get to a new FORD F-150 is on TV commercials during the Football game.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    how do people make so much money they consider $1000/month+ as just the cost of doing business in terms of having a car?
    No other bills?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Good question Sassy

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    No other bills?

Today, people complain about being in debt, with 1000 dollar chrome wheels on their car. Spending hundreds each week for cigarettes now. Thank GOD I don't smoke anymore. Haven't since 2009. If we still were smoking. We wouldn't have enough for food, gas, and electricity. Everything else would cause us to give the bank our mortgage in foreclosure, and we'd be living under a box near the beach. Thank goodness I stayed in the Navy till I retired. S.S. wouldn't be enough these days either.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !