Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Newsweek Writer: Only AR-15 owners I know are mass murderers

Talk about insanity. Is this nitwit aware of just how many of these guns are out there? I'm betting in reality it's more like 99.***+ that own such guns and aren't murderers.

---

Newsweek Writer: Only AR-15 owners I know are mass murderers

Newsweek writer Nina Burleigh claimed Saturday that almost every person she has heard of who owns an AR-15 rifle “has been a mass murderer.”

And “based on Twitter sample the rest of them are scarily paranoid,” Burleigh tweeted.

“Get on the right side of history,” she urged, tagging NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch and right-wing personality Joe Biggs, who are both outspoken supporters of the Second Amendment.

AR-15 rifles were used in the Newtown school shooting, the Orlando nightclub shooting, the Aurora, Colorado shooting at a movie theater, and other mass shootings. An estimated 8 million to 15 million people own AR-15s, making it the most popular rifle in America.

Burleigh’s tweet prompted scores of responses from people pointing out the popularity of the AR-15 and suggesting the Newsweek writer lives in a “bubble.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/19/n...rderers-tweet/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Another liberal idiot heard from.

Where did she get her statistics?

They appear to be both bogus and inflated for the simple sake of sensation.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yep, I certainly base all my personal opinions and knowledge on twitter samples.... LOL
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Percy Bysshe Shelley
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-20-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Talk about insanity. Is this nitwit aware of just how many of these guns are out there? I'm betting in reality it's more like 99.***+ that own such guns and aren't murderers.

---

Newsweek Writer: Only AR-15 owners I know are mass murderers

Newsweek writer Nina Burleigh claimed Saturday that almost every person she has heard of who owns an AR-15 rifle “has been a mass murderer.”

And “based on Twitter sample the rest of them are scarily paranoid,” Burleigh tweeted.

“Get on the right side of history,” she urged, tagging NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch and right-wing personality Joe Biggs, who are both outspoken supporters of the Second Amendment.

AR-15 rifles were used in the Newtown school shooting, the Orlando nightclub shooting, the Aurora, Colorado shooting at a movie theater, and other mass shootings. An estimated 8 million to 15 million people own AR-15s, making it the most popular rifle in America.

Burleigh’s tweet prompted scores of responses from people pointing out the popularity of the AR-15 and suggesting the Newsweek writer lives in a “bubble.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/19/n...rderers-tweet/
    An AR-15, I have never owned and never will, unless somebody just gives me one. They are not the best weapon to have.
    I do not base weapons I choose on hyped up results shown in Hollywood movies. I can think of at least 9 other weapons that serve better the purpose that people buy the AR-15 for.
    These anti-gun assholes are the most ignorant creatures on earth when it comes to guns.
    An example, one guy and I go into the woods he has an AR-15, I have either my 308 Winchester, or my 303 Brit.
    who gives a shit that he can fire a bit faster than I? I have almost the same speed (ACCURACY COUNTS FAR MORE THAN SLINGING LOADS OF HOT LEAD), and certainly better long range options and- either of my rifles have have a far greater ballistic impact upon my enemy when hit.
    AR-15 will not take a leg or an arm off with a one bullet hit, either of my rifles will.
    Death by massive blood loss comes in handy if one is fighting for their survival.
    And a chest shot -one bullet from either of my rifles will have at least a 95% fatality rate(QUICKLY)--the puny AR-15- certainly much , much lower..
    Ignorant folks , ranting with their utter stupidity about AR-15 and how scary they are..
    I have to laugh at such morons.. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

NINA is blatantly an IGNORANT little constitution hating mongrel democrat HACK, spewing MORONIC leftist PAP...

--------------------------

Americans own something like 15 million AR-15-style rifles, which have been one of the biggest-selling firearm categories during the last decade or so. These guns are almost never used to commit violent crimes. According to the FBI, rifles of all kinds accounted for just 3 percent of firearm homicides in 2016, while handguns accounted for 65 percent. Contrary to what you may have heard, handguns are also by far the most common choice for mass shooters. A Mother Jonesreview of mass shootings from 1982 through 2012 found that 66 percent of the weapons were handguns, while just 14 percent would qualify as "assault weapons" under the definition used in a 2013 bill sponsored by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). More recent data show a similar pattern.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/02/15/an-assault-weapon-ban-wont-stop-mass-sho

10. Likes Elessar liked this post