Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Just Mind Blowing How Many FAT People There Are...

Went to Walmart today... yeah... I know... WALMART... but this is a small town wally's, but I started counting the fat people to slender/normal, and I was blown away. This is not what I saw when I was growing up. I remember in HS, we had ONE fat girl in a class of 66 people, and I don't think there was more than 3 or 4 fat people in our entire school, and I graduated in 1973. What has happened to society? Are people content to just let themselves go and get fat? Obesity is the greatest epidemic facing America. What is wrong with people?

For one, it's fast food. For two, it's a sedentary lifestyle with no exercise. For three, it's all the garbage they put in processed food. For four, it's horrible eating habits. For five it's pure laziness.

IDK... and then you have the fat girls that say... "just love me for who I am"... well, OK darlin'... but you're FAT, and although I can love you for who you are, I'm still not ATTRACTED to you.

I don't mean to tick off anyone here that's overweight. Needless to say I have friends that are overweight. Actually not many. Most of my friends are hard working folks, not sit down inactive types. I just think the obesity in America today is really bad, and I think being overweight is something people DO have a choice of being. If you're fat, STOP EATING. Get some exercise for crying out loud, eat a salad, drink some water, buy a treadmill.

I mean... it's strange when you see a woman that's... NORMAL... and thinks she's HOT just because she isn't FAT... she stands out. They used to ALL be that way... virtually.

http://www.healthdata.org/news-relea...-problem-among
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-27-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I think the most powerful reason is to offer soo much things to make people spend their money, my friend living in US said that there are tons of varieties of every products, especially foods, said there are tons of candy and dessert products that attractively packed to make people buy it.
    Last edited by Farah; 11-28-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farah View Post
    I think the most powerful reason is to offer soo much things to make people spend their money, my friend living in US said that there are tons of varieties of every products, especially foods, said there are tons of candy and dessert products that attractively packed to make people buy it.
    This is the problem... along with people not having any self control over how much they stuff in their face...

ARE WE OVERFED AND STARVING TO DEATH?

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/articl...rving-to-death
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-28-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

People are lazy and stupid . Being fat is simply a by product of those two things.

And society has been forced to accept this as normal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My daughter moved 3 years ago into a different house. She weighed 115 lbs at the time. She's a stay at home mom and 42. She was even too thin per doctor. Then 2 years ago she became grandmother and babysits while mom goes to college .... and still has a 16 year old and 9 year old to take care of as well. She never stops moving. However, she put on 50 lbs in less than 2 years. Just found out she is being exposed to multiple toxic mold species from the house and the red wine she drinks. Also, not just weight gain ... severe mood shifts, foggy brain, intestinal issues ...

Toxic environmental mold exposure is a major health crisis that many are unaware of, and it can trick your body into producing autoimmunity or auto-antibodies against its own nerves and brain tissue. Over time can
    increase oxidative stress, inflame the liver and body as a whole, and lead to weight gain because they damage the weight control centers in the brain.

So, not all weight gain is due to overeating and inactivity. Could be environmental

Last edited by SassyLady; 11-29-2018 at 04:39 AM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    My daughter moved 3 years ago into a different house. She weighed 115 lbs at the time. She's a stay at home mom and 42. She was even too thin per doctor. Then 2 years ago she became grandmother and babysits while mom goes to college .... and still has a 16 year old and 9 year old to take care of as well. She never stops moving. However, she put on 50 lbs in less than 2 years. Just found out she is being exposed to multiple toxic mold species from the house and the red wine she drinks. Also, not just weight gain ... severe mood shifts, foggy brain, intestinal issues ...

Toxic environmental mold exposure is a major health crisis that many are unaware of, and it can trick your body into producing autoimmunity or auto-antibodies against its own nerves and brain tissue. Over time can
    increase oxidative stress, inflame the liver and body as a whole, and lead to weight gain because they damage the weight control centers in the brain.

So, not all weight gain is due to overeating and inactivity. Could be environmental

Scary stuff!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Likes LongTermGuy, SassyLady liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Just Mind Blowing How Many FAT People There Are...

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    People are lazy and stupid . Being fat is simply a by product of those two things.

And society has been forced to accept this as normal.
    When painting with such broad brushes I don’t think it’s helpful to be derogatory, especially given the number of factors that can lead to someone being overweight that are not within their control.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Scary.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yes there are conditions that lead to weight gain, even if you're presumably consuming food/drink at a calorie deficet...

https://runnersconnect.net/might-not...-eat-less-run/

There are also known medical conditions for weight gain...

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...ing-on-weight/

Just for the record, and for obvious reasons, the people who suffer medical conditions have an excuse, but are the vast minority and few and far between. These conditions still don't explain or excuse the level of obesity in America for people that have no other reason to blame other than themselves.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I’m way more put off by the creeps, aggressors, sluts, animal abusers and predators out there. But we all have the folks that trigger our frustration and anger.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I’m way more put off by the creeps, aggressors, sluts, animal abusers and predators out there. But we all have the folks that trigger our frustration and anger.
    I'm just astounded. I remember back when overweight people were an anomaly. Now it's the norm. I know our country is being inundated with commercials for just garbage food, fast food, portions way larger than we should eat, bad food, food full of fat and empty calories, and people don't seem to care. I do care. I'd be ashamed of myself if the only reason I was fat was because I ate more than I needed to. But I also don't think people realize what kind of garbage they're eating. Back before frozen foods, canned foods and processed foods with chemicals in them that you can't even pronounce, people weren't fat. I just think people should learn, should start reading labels, care about what they eat. No that it's triggered me or anything else. It's more of a concern, and it should be for everyone. It's an epidemic and it's causing health care costs to sky rocket. I don't think it's wrong to think people should eat healthier... and less. I also think that people would be much happier and more productive if they weren't overweight. I also know it's a touchy subject to discuss. People that are overweight get very defensive, very fast, so I apologize if I... triggered... anyone here.

https://stateofobesity.org/healthcare-costs-obesity/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5359159/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0208180356.htm
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-30-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I wish fat happened all at once instead of sneaking up on people. Eating an apple's-worth of extra calories per day can be about half a pound of extra fat on a person every month. I wish our bodies weren't so dumb as to hold onto fat so much.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

15. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, SassyLady liked this post