Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default The Senate Expands It's Majority With Win In Mississippi...

53 seats now... so President Trump has made history AGAIN with how many seats he's GAINED in the senate by a MID TERM president.

The dems really are NOT in a good position now. If they think they're going to start INVESTIGATIONAPALOOSA, they'll be doing two things, WASTING their time they hold congress, and setting themselves up to LOSE it again in 2020, not to mention TWO can play that game. They're as dirty as the day is long and they know it, and the senate can investigate the hell otta them too. Is that what they want? Well, some dems are already starting to walk back their talk about INVESTIGATIONAPALOOSA. As much as their HATE for President Trump drives them crazy, they know if they EVER have ANY kind of chance of hanging onto congress, which they won't, they'll be flushing it down the toilet if they go through with all these investigations. They'll lose congress AND they'll have accomplished NOTHING, AND they'll probably have a few of their members indicted.

Time for ole Mitch to start PACKING THE COURTS with CONSERVATIVES. That's the REAL winner. Get rid of these agenda driven activist crap holsters the kenyan appointed.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-election.html
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-27-2018 at 11:33 PM.

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Hyde-Smith, 59, has touted her support for Trump and her endorsement by the president,

who won Mississippi by 18 percentage points in 2016. Trump held two get-out-the-vote

rallies in the state on the eve of the election.

“Got to get out and vote, don’t take any chances,” he told supporters in Tupelo. “Your vote

on Tuesday will decide whether we build on our extraordinary achievements or whether

we empower the radical Democrats to obstruct our progress.”

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 11-27-2018 at 11:42 PM.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

And Pete was talking earlier about us being on the wrong side of history

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    And Pete was talking earlier about us being on the wrong side of history
    You have to remember bro... wrong is right to a democrat.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    You have to remember bro... wrong is right to a democrat.

10. Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Great news from MS, for sure. 53-47 is a much more comfortable margin than what we had previously.

The bad news is with the lost control of the House, things are going to slow to a crawl. Specifically, funding for the wall. I'm pretty frustrated that it hasn't already been funded.

Hopefully it can be funded in it's entirety before the new session, and the GOP grows some balls before handing control over to the moonbats who, most certainly, will not approve of one penny for it.

At this point it looks to me like most progress will happen by appointing appropriate federal judges, filling RBG's seat (can't wait for those fireworks, btw!) and continuing to undo 0bama's colossal blunders & deregulation.

I was really wrong about how the midterms would shake out - I predicted gains in the Senate, but I thought it would be at least 54... but I'll take it. I thought we'd hold the House by a squeak, but bombed that prediction.

I'd better send in my Crystal Ball for a recalibration. I hate faulty equipment.

26167746_10210996385653096_628692316961114596_n.jpg

This is me almost a year ago enjoying my brand-new piece of faulty equipment with 13 miles on it.

Actually, the sled was operating perfectly... 100% operator error.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Don't applaud too loudly. Hyde-Smith was a Democrat not too long ago. Furthermore, the hyphenated last name should tell you something. Mississippi has a RINO political machine not too different that elected McCain in Arizona. Hyde-Smith is part of that machine. Hyde-Smith won by 8 points in a state that generally elects Republicans by a 20+ point margin.

Chris McDaniel, the REAL Republican was defeated in the primary.

https://mcdaniel2018.com/

For years, the establishment has made the case that “if only our party would nominate candidates who were more like Democrats than conservatives that we could win more seats for Republicans.” That strategy has been tried in the New England states, and out of 10 Senate seats and 33 House seats, Republicans hold exactly 1 Senate seat and 1 House seat – that’s 2 seats out of 43 seats.When voters are given a choice between a Democrat and a Republican who votes like a Democrat, they always choose the Democrat. That’s what happened in New England in congressional elections and it happened nationwide in presidential elections over the past 20 years. That’s why we never had a President Dole, a President McCain or a President Romney.
    When Republicans nominate a candidate who may as well be a Democrat, it has the effect of depressing the conservative base. They won’t show up for Democrat-Lite candidates and the real Democrat wins. That’s why we need conservatives in Mississippi to elect conservatives because if we won’t send a conservative to Congress, who will?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Hyde-Smith

From 1999 to 2010, she served in elected office as a Democrat. She voted in the Democratic primary in 2008,[39] and described herself as having been a conservative Democrat during her tenure in the state legislature.[40] She switched to the Republican Party in 2010.
    Last edited by tailfins; 11-28-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.