Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I DON'T talk in public. I HAVE TO on this board otherwise I'm thinking the that whole communication thing wouldn't work very well. In RL, I don't talk to people much beyond business and keep my opinions to myself. Not so much because I care what they think of them but more because nowadays you're usually talking to a hitch post anyway. It's hard to marry up the two -- that I don't talk in RL but run my mouth all over this board -- but that is how it is.

I will point out again that rather than run off on another subject in President Bush's RIP thread, I created this one which definitely has little to do with the thread title anymore

One thing that gets me is people will talk all day behind someone's back; yet, once they're dead won't say one bad word about them like they can hear in death what they couldn't in life. The whole topic of how we as a society (Western) treat and revere our dead has ALWAYS just blown me away. This isn't something new with me.

When I see "Elvis Presley or whoever (RIP)" I want to spin through the ceiling. He's been dead since I had long hair and smoked weed. Suppose he's reading some post from wherever he is on some message board looking SPECIFICALLY for the "RIP" after his name?

Like I said, don't get it.
    I go out in public myself as little as possible. Large crowds irritate the hell otta me. It's a good thing a guy like me lives in a little town with nothing much around other than nature and farms. I wasn't always like this though. When I was younger I lived in some pretty big cities, but as I got older I just got less and less tolerant of stupid people, and people just in general. I don't follow the crowd, I don't follow trends, I don't want or need to follow anyone, and if something you're doing irritates me, I just want to get the hell away from you, and most things city slickers do irritates me, not to mention the vast majority of them are liberal leftists. Everything I've done in life I've done by myself. Joining the military, moving vast distances, making big changes, I never had someone to fall back on or hold my hand. I took the chances alone, agonized the defeats by myself and celebrated the victories by myself. I just don't NEED anyone around me for support, companionship or otherwise. But like you, whether anyone knows it or not, I've loved my life, I've also "had a blast." It's been one big adventure, and there's very little about it I'd change, and being alone just suits my nature. It's not a bad thing. I'm better suited to be alone. Living with someone is actually quite hard for me. The best kind of girlfriend to have is... one that GOES HOME to her own place...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Kind of hard to comment on you since for as long as I've known you, you have conducted yourself exactly as I expect to see or hear from a Sergeant Major.

ALTHOUGH ... if you want some half-ass comment, I DO recall you posting something once that made my brain do a back flip. You play video games on the internet? So I'm picturing in my mind this Sergeant Major, decked out in deuce gear, compass and K-Bar strapped to his harness, shotgun slung over the shoulder, ten penny cigar stub clamped firmly between his teeth ... hunched over his keyboard blowing up virtual tanks

I don't get the "dead" thing. If we were half as nice to people while they were still alive as after they die we wouldn't need armies.

I'm abrasive and piss people off and I know it. I actually don't do it on purpose usually. I just have this thing about pretending to be someone I'm not. So when I kick the bucket, I don't want a bunch of people making out like I walked on water and turned it into wine and if I find one "RIP" after my damned name I swear I'll come back and rip someone's lungs out.

I realize it shocks people to hear me say it, but I am not some miserable old fuck that hates everything, regardless how I come across. I've had a blast for most of my life, minus a hiccup here and there. So no need to feel sorry for me. Odds are good I'll go out doing something I shouldn't be and have fun doing it, and that's as it should be. Have a party. Smoke 'em if you got 'em and if you still drink have a shot a Jack. None of that whiny-ass shit. And if you don't like me? I don't want anything after I'm dead I never got in life so pretend on your own time.

Celebrate the life instead of carrying on about YOUR loss.
    and you sound and act just like a Gunny would be expected to....CSM material...lol
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    and you sound and act just like a Gunny would be expected to....CSM material...lol
    I'd walk through hell and back with either one of you sons a bitches...

5. Thanks CSM, Gunny thanked this post