Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default People Who Like To Be Alone Have These 6 Special Personality Traits

Excuse the images, but for some reason this website had a block on "copy and paste," I had to use a screen clip, but it's pretty good... interesting to find stuff about what's in your own head that's actually accurate... especially #6...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-04-2018 at 01:56 AM.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Then there's this as an addition... which is also a part of why a person like me likes to be alone...

------------------------------------

Life As an Empath

We are all born with some sense of empathy. Children cry easily to movies, situations that don’t directly affect them, and they sense other’s emotions as their own. For some people though, that strong sense of empathy never fades. Some see it as a very special gift. It’s even been noted as superhuman. Others consider it a massive curse, something that’s completely irritating and overwhelming.

There are empaths that have isolated themselves from people because all the emotions they’re feeling from every single person around them is too much to bear. One empath isolated herself away from London because of the mass population. It was difficult for her to carry all the emotions surrounding her. She now lives alone on a farm with sheep and expresses herself through poetry. There are also people who come together as a group to embrace and talk about their emotions as an empath. In NY there is a group that meets to go over what they’re going through on a daily basis. How it either lifts or weighs them down and how they can center themselves.

Being an empath myself, I decided to share some of my personal pros and cons. Hopefully to spread some understanding on the topic, as well as help any other people out there that may be feeling the same way.

Pros:
    Empaths are naturally nurturing people. Strangers, friends and even animals feel extremely comfortable around you. People come to you for advice and emotional support in their life. You take in their emotions even if they don’t know you’re an empath. They can feel the weight of whatever is plaguing them literally lifting off them just being around you.

Empaths when using their energy properly can be very healing to people and animals. Sometimes without saying a word. I personally have had many strangers come to me and tell me extremely personal details about their lives. By simply listening and touching their hands or shoulder, they’ve told me they feel 100 times better.

Cons:
    Empaths feel every single emotion of every single person around them. This includes their sadness, anger, and anxiety. When I say they feel it, they literally feel it as if it’s their own emotions.

Large crowds, concerts, even grocery stores are intense for an empath. It’s very hard to keep yourself centered when every minute you’re feeling an array of varying emotions. I myself around Thanksgiving in a crowded grocery store had to leave my shopping cart and leave. The amount of emotions I could feel was very overwhelming for me.

https://humans.media/life-as-an-empath

I'm not as bad as this person, but I do sense other's feelings the same, but I've learned to know they're not mine, and I can tune them out... but I still know what they're feeling. Can't turn it on or off, it's just there, always has been.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-05-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

That's me... and it's who you all know me as too... nothing like a good baring of the soul...

Jim commented to Farah that we were a "family" here. Well, this dang crew has been messaging a for long, LONG time... going on 15 years together. Some of you have met face to face, and that's awesome. Wish I could meet some of you, because like the article says, loners pick their friends quite sparingly, and I'd have to say the people here have been some good friends... "online."

Probably like to meet Gunny the most. Whether the old jar head realizes it or not, we're a lot alike. We really should have a DP get together.... invite Pete...

5. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    That's me... and it's who you all know me as too... nothing like a good baring of the soul...

Jim commented to Farah that we were a "family" here. Well, this dang crew has been messaging a for long, LONG time... going on 15 years together. Some of you have met face to face, and that's awesome. Wish I could meet some of you, because like the article says, loners pick their friends quite sparingly, and I'd have to say the people here have been some good friends... "online."

Probably like to meet Gunny the most. Whether the old jar head realizes it or not, we're a lot alike. We really should have a DP get together.... invite Pete...
    I offered to meet Gunny, but he wasn't interested. I drive through San Antonio every now and then. After all, he's only about 140 miles from the border. Also I'm a fan of The Big Bib Barbecue.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I offered to meet Gunny, but he wasn't interested. I drive through San Antonio every now and then. After all, he's only about 140 miles from the border. Also I'm a fan of The Big Bib Barbecue.
    I am sure he invited you to meet in the basement of the Alamo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I am sure he invited you to meet in the basement of the Alamo
    I will likely have dinner tomorrow night at The Big Bib Barbecue and spend tomorrow night in Laredo.
    Last edited by tailfins; 12-04-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I'm an extrovert-introvert who is a empathic loner.

https://introvertdear.com/news/extro...trovert-signs/

Signs You’re an ‘Extroverted Introvert’

Are you an extroverted introvert? If so, you’ll recognize yourself in these 10 signs.
    1. Your energy level is closely tied to your environment.

You’re sensitive to your surroundings. It matters how your environment looks, what kind of music is playing, how many people are present, and the noise level. The ambiance of a place can either energize or drain you, depending on if it fits your preferences. A loud rock concert in a crowded stadium might be overwhelming — but an up-close-and-personal acoustic set at your favorite club is soothing.
    2. You find people to be both intriguing and exhausting.

People watching? Yes. Meeting new people and hearing their life stories? Fascinating. Spending almost every night hanging out with friends? Not a chance. Outgoing introverts enjoy meeting new people but can only endure so much socializing. After a busy weekend or a long day at work, you may feel the need to disappear and recharge by being alone or with just one other person.
    3. Certain people and interactions drain you while others recharge you.

You have a few friends who you could hang out with for practically forever. It seems like you never run out of things to talk about. Being with them is easy. You actually feel better after spending time with them, not drained — and you act pretty outgoing around them. Other people tire or bore you and you need to get away. Being alone is better than settling for second-rate company.
    4. You can be charming but also deeply introspective and reflective.

You make small talk when it’s expected of you because you know it can lead to deeper, more authentic conversation. People feel comfortable around you, and you easily get others talking and opening up about themselves. When you’re out with friends, you make sure everyone’s having a good time. However, most people don’t realize how “in your head” you really are. Although you appear easy-going, your mind is always running.
    5. When you feel rested and recharged, you reach out to others.

Often, you’re the one who organizes social events for others. Playing the host is ideal for the extroverted introvert — it allows you to spend time with people on your own terms. But when you run out of energy, you’re out, and like a true introvert, all you want is a little hibernation at home.
    6. You need time to warm up in social situations.

Your first impression belies your real personality. At first, you come across as quiet and reserved. But once you feel comfortable, you have no trouble chatting. You won’t spill your life story or divulge your insecurities to someone you’ve just met, but you will reveal intimate details once trust is built up. The better someone gets to know you, the more “extroverted” you seem.
    7. It actually takes less energy to say what’s on your mind than to make small talk.

True extroverts rarely struggle with what to say. It’s easy from them to make chitchat — and talk with ease about virtually any topic. But not so for most introverts. Many introverts find it difficult to force small talk. They’d rather talk about big ideas or connect in an honest, authentic way. This is especially true of extroverted introverts. It’s far easier for them to say what’s on their mind than to fake a rousing discussion about the weather.
    8. You’re selectively social.

Although you gain a lot of satisfaction from your relationships, unlike a true extrovert, you don’t have the energy to maintain a large social network. Plus, you don’t click with just anybody. So you make your limited “people” energy count by investing it into just a few close relationships.
    9. You have no interest in trying to prove yourself in a crowd of strangers.

At networking events or parties, you’re not someone who “works the room.” Nor do you feel the need to draw a lot of attention to yourself in social situations. Yes, you see the value in making connections with others, and you especially love those rare moments when you meet a like-minded soul. But you’ll probably never be the most popular person in the room — and you’re okay with that.
    10. You’re often confused for an extrovert.

Your friends and family don’t buy that you’re an introvert because you’re just so social. In fact, it may have taken you a while to realize that you’re an introvert — because you play the extrovert so well. Now you find yourself constantly having to explain your introversion and how you get your energy. Unfortunately, most people don’t get it.

If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

11. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I'm an extrovert-introvert who is a empathic loner.
    I have a few really good friends, and they're old friends, and I look forward to getting together with them, but there's even a limit on that. Although I'm very happy to see them and have a good time, after a certain amount of time, which can vary, it's time for some alone time to recharge.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-07-2018 at 07:04 AM.

13. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I have a few really good friends, and they're old friends, and I look forward to getting together with them, but there's even a limit on that. Although I very happy to see them and have a good time, after a certain amount of time, which can vary, it's time for some alone time to recharge.
    I can party hard but definitely need time alone to recharge. I "feel" others emotions so it's a drain. I never worked with the public or in health care because too much of an empath.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I can party hard but definitely need time alone to recharge. I "feel" others emotions so it's a drain. I never worked with the public or in health care because too much of an empath.
    The one thing I do frequently where I have to be among more people than I really like, is go shopping. Have to buy groceries and such. Standing in the check out line is always interesting, because I feel the people's feelings standing in line and as they check out where their feelings can increase, and the cashier. If a card is rejected, or someone is using food stamps and has added up wrong and has more items than they can pay for, don't have enough cash, something of that nature, I want to run, because I'm flooded with their feelings of embarrassment and ire, and then the frustration of the cashier, and the impatience and disgust of others standing in line... oh yeah... it's a real party of emotions. I feel like I need a shower after I get away from it all outside. I just want to get all those emotions of others off me.

That's also how I've always been able to tell if someone is lying though. I can feel the conflict in their mind as they wonder if I'll believe them or not. Lying always heightens a persons emotions as they get nervous wondering what will happen if they get caught lying, even if they're good at masking it outwardly physically. They can't hide their emotions from an empath.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-07-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

That sensitivity to others’ feelings- me too. There must be a sensitivity-introversion connection. It really makes sense. Extroverts and narcissists are probably too self-absorbed to even notice others’ feelings.
    I bring this up every once in a while: I so so highly recommend this book:
    Quiet; The power of Introverts in a world that can’t stop talking.
    Read it!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey