Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default People Who Like To Be Alone Have These 6 Special Personality Traits

Excuse the images, but for some reason this website had a block on "copy and paste," I had to use a screen clip, but it's pretty good... interesting to find stuff about what's in your own head that's actually accurate... especially #6...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-04-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Then there's this as an addition... which is also a part of why a person like me likes to be alone...

------------------------------------

Life As an Empath

We are all born with some sense of empathy. Children cry easily to movies, situations that don’t directly affect them, and they sense other’s emotions as their own. For some people though, that strong sense of empathy never fades. Some see it as a very special gift. It’s even been noted as superhuman. Others consider it a massive curse, something that’s completely irritating and overwhelming.

There are empaths that have isolated themselves from people because all the emotions they’re feeling from every single person around them is too much to bear. One empath isolated herself away from London because of the mass population. It was difficult for her to carry all the emotions surrounding her. She now lives alone on a farm with sheep and expresses herself through poetry. There are also people who come together as a group to embrace and talk about their emotions as an empath. In NY there is a group that meets to go over what they’re going through on a daily basis. How it either lifts or weighs them down and how they can center themselves.

Being an empath myself, I decided to share some of my personal pros and cons. Hopefully to spread some understanding on the topic, as well as help any other people out there that may be feeling the same way.

Pros:
    Empaths are naturally nurturing people. Strangers, friends and even animals feel extremely comfortable around you. People come to you for advice and emotional support in their life. You take in their emotions even if they don’t know you’re an empath. They can feel the weight of whatever is plaguing them literally lifting off them just being around you.

Empaths when using their energy properly can be very healing to people and animals. Sometimes without saying a word. I personally have had many strangers come to me and tell me extremely personal details about their lives. By simply listening and touching their hands or shoulder, they’ve told me they feel 100 times better.

Cons:
    Empaths feel every single emotion of every single person around them. This includes their sadness, anger, and anxiety. When I say they feel it, they literally feel it as if it’s their own emotions.

Large crowds, concerts, even grocery stores are intense for an empath. It’s very hard to keep yourself centered when every minute you’re feeling an array of varying emotions. I myself around Thanksgiving in a crowded grocery store had to leave my shopping cart and leave. The amount of emotions I could feel was very overwhelming for me.

https://humans.media/life-as-an-empath

I'm not as bad as this person, but I do sense other's feelings the same, but I've learned to know they're not mine, and I can tune them out... but I still know what they're feeling. Can't turn it on or off, it's just there, always has been.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-05-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

That's me... and it's who you all know me as too... nothing like a good baring of the soul...

Jim commented to Farah that we were a "family" here. Well, this dang crew has been messaging a for long, LONG time... going on 15 years together. Some of you have met face to face, and that's awesome. Wish I could meet some of you, because like the article says, loners pick their friends quite sparingly, and I'd have to say the people here have been some good friends... "online."

Probably like to meet Gunny the most. Whether the old jar head realizes it or not, we're a lot alike. We really should have a DP get together.... invite Pete...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    That's me... and it's who you all know me as too... nothing like a good baring of the soul...

Jim commented to Farah that we were a "family" here. Well, this dang crew has been messaging a for long, LONG time... going on 15 years together. Some of you have met face to face, and that's awesome. Wish I could meet some of you, because like the article says, loners pick their friends quite sparingly, and I'd have to say the people here have been some good friends... "online."

Probably like to meet Gunny the most. Whether the old jar head realizes it or not, we're a lot alike. We really should have a DP get together.... invite Pete...
    I offered to meet Gunny, but he wasn't interested. I drive through San Antonio every now and then. After all, he's only about 140 miles from the border. Also I'm a fan of The Big Bib Barbecue.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I offered to meet Gunny, but he wasn't interested. I drive through San Antonio every now and then. After all, he's only about 140 miles from the border. Also I'm a fan of The Big Bib Barbecue.
    I am sure he invited you to meet in the basement of the Alamo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I am sure he invited you to meet in the basement of the Alamo
    I will likely have dinner tomorrow night at The Big Bib Barbecue and spend tomorrow night in Laredo.
    Last edited by tailfins; 12-04-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.