Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Indexes plunged sharply at the start, triggered by U.S.-China trade concerns stemming from a Dec. 1 arrest of China's Huawei Technologies' CFO.
    Statements like that ...^^^... (not pointing a finger at AT, I mean from the article)... are what's so DISHONEST about the media, aka, the democrat propaganda wing. The huge SELL OFF was NOT "triggered" by US, China trade concerns. It was TRIGGERED by freakin' COMPUTERS!! Had a COMPUTER not been TRIGGERED by the algorithms ENTERED INTO IT, no one would have given a DAMN about the US, China trade concerns. In fact, the US and China had announced a NINETY DAY TARIFF TRUCE, and just today added that talks were going very well and they expect to have a deal long before the ninety days are up.

I haven't watched the news now in the morning for a few WEEKS, and the only news I watch at night is the local news, and I know to turn that on about 10 minutes into it just to catch the local weather. I'm getting my NEWS from here, and twitter, and what I see in advertisements of coming stories on TV here and there... and ya know what... I think I'm enjoying myself more not listening to all that PATHETIC OPINION and HYPER PARTISAN HACK SPIN.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-06-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Statements like that ...^^^... (not pointing a finger at AT, I mean from the article)... are what's so DISHONEST about the media, aka, the democrat propaganda wing. The huge SELL OFF was NOT "triggered" by US, China trade concerns. It was TRIGGERED by freakin' COMPUTERS!! Had a COMPUTER not been TRIGGERED by the algorithms ENTERED INTO IT, no one would have given a DAMN about the US, China trade concerns. In fact, the US and China had announced a NINETY DAY TARIFF TRUCE, and just today added that talks were going very well and they expect to have a deal long before the ninety days are up.

I haven't watched the news now in the morning for a few WEEKS, and the only news I watch at night is the local news, and I know to turn that on about 10 minutes into it just to catch the local weather. I'm getting my NEWS from here, and twitter, and what I see in advertisements of coming stories on TV here and there... and ya know what... I think I'm enjoying myself more not listening to all that PATHETIC OPINION and HYPER PARTISAN HACK SPIN.
    I don't have much option. Little Mr Man wants his damned "Baby First Club" shit on and could care less about the news. And he will stand there chattering gibberish, scolding me if it isn't what he wants on

I graze over the news. Looks to me like nothing more than beating the same dead horse since Thanksgiving.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Where is Pete now, since the recovery has been made?

Sucking his thumb in a corner again for opening his mouth before
    letting facts engage and penetrate his narrow mind?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

What recovery? Please do tell because I see red yesterday and today and we've made no gains this year. #winning?
    Last edited by pete311; 12-07-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    What recovery? Please do tell because I see red yesterday and today and we've made no gains this year. #winning?
    Quit looking at your rep count.

#winning?
    No. You're not
    Last edited by Gunny; 12-07-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    No. You're not
    It was sarcasm at your expense...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

You pop up only when you think you have something negative to post about Trump and other Republicans. I’m starting to think of you as “Bad News Pete”.

You (deliberately?) have no understanding of how the market works.

If you and your ilk get your way and the Dems are in charge again, you will apparently be taken by surprise by how quickly this country will fall apart. How you cannot see the total unsustainability of Dem policies is crazy.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    It was sarcasm at your expense...
    Not mine, buddy.

Let's rewind back a few months and quite a lot of mistakes made by you where you stated you resented paying MY military retirement. So let's compare investments.

I invest 21 years of my blood, sweat and tears for a retirement check, like most people. I get that retirement check on the 1st of every month provided I am still breathing. Doesn't matter who's President, if the economy is f*cked like it was under Obama or clicking like it is under Trump. The stock market could go "BOOM!" and *I* still get paid. The US Government and the nation itself has to fail before I don't. Did I mention my medical is unlimited and about 1/10 the cost of yours FOR LIFE? I go to sick call on base and there's not even a co-pay.

You on the other hand have to get up and check your panties every morning, gambling on your future. One day you're rich, the next you're f*cked.

So who made the wiser decision? Joke's on YOU, buddy. Have a nice day

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh, and look here, today's headline. So much for the atrocious economy by all indicators.

Record 156,795,000 Employed in USA, 13th Record-Breaker Under Trump

(CNSNews.com) - The November employment report, released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, shows the economy added 150,000 jobs, well below the (revised) 237,000 added last month.

But the unemployment rate held steady at 3.7 percent for the third month in a row; and the number of employed Americans once again reached an all-time high of 156,795,000, the 13th record since Donald Trump became president.

Wages continued rising as well: In November, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 6 cents to $27.35. Over the year, average hourly earnings have increased by 81 cents, or 3.1 percent.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...er-under-trump
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh, and look here, today's headline. So much for the atrocious economy by all indicators.

Record 156,795,000 Employed in USA, 13th Record-Breaker Under Trump

(CNSNews.com) - The November employment report, released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, shows the economy added 150,000 jobs, well below the (revised) 237,000 added last month.

But the unemployment rate held steady at 3.7 percent for the third month in a row; and the number of employed Americans once again reached an all-time high of 156,795,000, the 13th record since Donald Trump became president.

Wages continued rising as well: In November, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 6 cents to $27.35. Over the year, average hourly earnings have increased by 81 cents, or 3.1 percent.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...er-under-trump
    I have to say I am impressed there are more job vacancies than unemployed people.

Now go see my thread on Millinnials applying for jobs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

PRESIDENT Trump... get that... PRESIDENT... Trump...is doing an overall GREAT job. You have to really be a nitpicking little hemorrhoid to dig up LITTLE things you can blame on him that isn't STELLAR.

Jim has posted THREAD after THREAD after THREAD after THREAD about the great things he's done since he took office, and oh my, it was just AAAAALLL IGNORED by the ANGRY little mongrel demtard RAT PRICK troll.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-07-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yet ANOTHER 'take a dump' jumping on Trump, failing once again.

How many times do people need to prematurely dance on the failure of another, only to see that person continually prevail over and over again.

I can only imagine how Rosie must feel. LOL But she needs to take it like a champ and deal with it, as some would say.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yet ANOTHER 'take a dump' jumping on Trump, failing once again.

How many times do people need to prematurely dance on the failure of another, only to see that person continually prevail over and over again.

I can only imagine how Rosie must feel. LOL But she needs to take it like a champ and deal with it, as some would say.
    He didn't learn his lesson November 8 2016
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 01-04-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    He didn't lesrn his lesson November 8 2016
    Chwoof Dat!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

Over what time period are you showing a recovery?
    Over 1 day, 5 days, 1 month, and 1 year the numbers are low and mostly in the negative.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.