Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Does this mean it's time for Obama to stop taking credit?

3. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    We've erased all gains from 2018.

Sell, Pete! SELL NOW!!11!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Sorry to hear it petey....so sorry.

Now it looks like your Mommy will have to pay FULL PRICE for your DAY CARE!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Odd. I haven't lost a dime. I must have invested well
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Likes OAK liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Odd. I haven't lost a dime. I must have invested well
    I haven't lost a dime either. But then I don't play Stock Market Roulette.

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The DOW has fully recovered...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/06/inves...wei/index.html

But what you need to understand about these massive panic maneuvers with the big dips and swings is, it's COMPUTER ALGORITHMS DOING IT. A COMPUTER is doing the SELLING, and then PEOPLE FREAK OUT. I wouldn't invest in some maniacal money exchanging fest run by computers if you gave me the initial investment. I'd buy LAND or GOLD or something else tangible that is all but impervious in value to what the stock market does.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-06-2018 at 09:12 PM.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    The DOW has fully recovered...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/06/inves...wei/index.html

But what you need to understand about these massive panic maneuvers with the big dips and swings is, it's COMPUTER ALGORITHMS DOING IT. A COMPUTER is doing the SELLING, and then PEOPLE FREAK OUT. I wouldn't invest in some maniacal money exchanging fest run by computers if you gave the initial investment. I'd buy LAND or GOLD or something else tangible that is all but impervious in value to what the stock market does.
    Has Pete recovered from the recovery?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, OAK liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Mr. Negativity petey...bought stocks in Washington DC swamp water for the Cesspool

https://www.investors.com/market-tre...arket-session/

Nasdaq Rallies To A Gain After A Wild Ride In The Stock Market
    FacebookTwitterLinkedInShare Licensing
    NANCY GONDO4:27 PM ET
    The stock market closed Thursday in much better shape than at the open, following a wild trading session. Indexes plunged sharply at the start, triggered by U.S.-China trade concerns stemming from a Dec. 1 arrest of China's Huawei Technologies' CFO.

But they pared their losses considerably into the close, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq composite reversing to a moderate gain. The Nasdaq finished 0.4% higher, after slumping as much as 2.4% early in the session. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones industrial average gave up 0.2% and 0.3%, respectively. Small caps lagged a bit with the Russell 2000 down 0.4%.

Volume was higher on both the NYSE and Nasdaq vs. Tuesday, according to preliminary data. The stock market was closed Wednesday in honor of late President George H.W. Bush.

Big-cap techs on the Dow Jones industrial average were among the few blue chip gainers as Intel (INTC), Cisco (CSCO), IBM (IBM) and Microsoft (MSFT) advanced.

Apple (AAPL), however, didn't participate in the tech stock upside. The iPhone maker gapped down and fell 1.1% as it tries to find a bottom near 170. Apple remains under pressure amid ongoing concerns about iPhone sales for the holiday quarter. It's now 25% off its early October high and 10% below its 200-day moving average. An E Accumulation/Distribution Rating and Up/Down Volume Ratio below 1 indicate weak demand and more recent selling by mutual funds.

Big banks, discount retailers and oil stocks were among the biggest sector losers in the stock market today. Financials stumbled as the 10-year Treasury yield fell 5 basis points to 2.86%. The oil sector took a drubbing as West Texas intermediate crude oil prices sank 2% to below $52 a barrel.

JPMorgan (JPM), down more than 2%, was one of the Dow's biggest losers. Other big decliners included Boeing (BA), Exxon Mobil (XOM) and Chevron (CVX), down a respective 3%, 1.6% and 1.2%.

Software Rises In Stock Market Today
    Software, homebuilder and internet stocks bucked the sell-off. In the security software space, CyberArk Software (CYBR) surged 5% to retake its 50-day moving average, while Palo Alto Networks (PANW) rose 3%. In the video game software field, Activision Blizzard (ATVI) and Electronic Arts (EA) advanced more than 3% each.

CyberArk also topped the IBD 50 list of leading stocks. Edwards Lifesciences (EW), ServiceNow (NOW) and Alarm.com (ALRM) followed with gains of more than 2% each.

But some health care related names suffered sharp losses. Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN) gapped down and plunged 12%. HealthEquity (HQY) sank 11% to gap down below its 200-day line.

The Innovator IBD 50 ETF (FFTY) pared a steep early loss to a 0.6% deficit. It ended near its session high.

IBD Newsletters
    Get exclusive IBD analysis and action news daily.
    YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

After Hours: Two IBD 50 Stocks Lead Notable Earnings Movers

This Top Growth Stock Holds Up Amid Stock Market Sell-Off

IBD 50 Stocks To Watch: Kirkland Gold Sets Up For Possible Breakout

Subscription Services Draw Companies Closer To Customers
    Last edited by aboutime; 12-06-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    https://www.investors.com/market-tre...arket-session/

Nasdaq Rallies To A Gain After A Wild Ride In The Stock Market
    FacebookTwitterLinkedInShare Licensing
    NANCY GONDO4:27 PM ET
    The stock market closed Thursday in much better shape than at the open, following a wild trading session. Indexes plunged sharply at the start, triggered by U.S.-China trade concerns stemming from a Dec. 1 arrest of China's Huawei Technologies' CFO.

But they pared their losses considerably into the close, with the tech-heavy Nasdaq composite reversing to a moderate gain. The Nasdaq finished 0.4% higher, after slumping as much as 2.4% early in the session. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones industrial average gave up 0.2% and 0.3%, respectively. Small caps lagged a bit with the Russell 2000 down 0.4%.

Volume was higher on both the NYSE and Nasdaq vs. Tuesday, according to preliminary data. The stock market was closed Wednesday in honor of late President George H.W. Bush.

Big-cap techs on the Dow Jones industrial average were among the few blue chip gainers as Intel (INTC), Cisco (CSCO), IBM (IBM) and Microsoft (MSFT) advanced.

Apple (AAPL), however, didn't participate in the tech stock upside. The iPhone maker gapped down and fell 1.1% as it tries to find a bottom near 170. Apple remains under pressure amid ongoing concerns about iPhone sales for the holiday quarter. It's now 25% off its early October high and 10% below its 200-day moving average. An E Accumulation/Distribution Rating and Up/Down Volume Ratio below 1 indicate weak demand and more recent selling by mutual funds.

Big banks, discount retailers and oil stocks were among the biggest sector losers in the stock market today. Financials stumbled as the 10-year Treasury yield fell 5 basis points to 2.86%. The oil sector took a drubbing as West Texas intermediate crude oil prices sank 2% to below $52 a barrel.

JPMorgan (JPM), down more than 2%, was one of the Dow's biggest losers. Other big decliners included Boeing (BA), Exxon Mobil (XOM) and Chevron (CVX), down a respective 3%, 1.6% and 1.2%.

Software Rises In Stock Market Today
    Software, homebuilder and internet stocks bucked the sell-off. In the security software space, CyberArk Software (CYBR) surged 5% to retake its 50-day moving average, while Palo Alto Networks (PANW) rose 3%. In the video game software field, Activision Blizzard (ATVI) and Electronic Arts (EA) advanced more than 3% each.

CyberArk also topped the IBD 50 list of leading stocks. Edwards Lifesciences (EW), ServiceNow (NOW) and Alarm.com (ALRM) followed with gains of more than 2% each.

But some health care related names suffered sharp losses. Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN) gapped down and plunged 12%. HealthEquity (HQY) sank 11% to gap down below its 200-day line.

The Innovator IBD 50 ETF (FFTY) pared a steep early loss to a 0.6% deficit. It ended near its session high.

IBD Newsletters
    Get exclusive IBD analysis and action news daily.
    YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

After Hours: Two IBD 50 Stocks Lead Notable Earnings Movers

This Top Growth Stock Holds Up Amid Stock Market Sell-Off

IBD 50 Stocks To Watch: Kirkland Gold Sets Up For Possible Breakout

Subscription Services Draw Companies Closer To Customers
    Okay, it's Gunny's usual dumb question time though it seems reasonable to me.

Could the Christmas season by chance have anything to do with this? Stands to reason to me that with everyone losing their minds shopping after Thanksgiving, there might be a lull in the storm before the rest of us (last minute guys ) swing into gear.

Still have to hit the gas station post-Thanksgiving as well.

Just wondering.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Indexes plunged sharply at the start, triggered by U.S.-China trade concerns stemming from a Dec. 1 arrest of China's Huawei Technologies' CFO.
    Statements like that ...^^^... (not pointing a finger at AT, I mean from the article)... are what's so DISHONEST about the media, aka, the democrat propaganda wing. The huge SELL OFF was NOT "triggered" by US, China trade concerns. It was TRIGGERED by freakin' COMPUTERS!! Had a COMPUTER not been TRIGGERED by the algorithms ENTERED INTO IT, no one would have given a DAMN about the US, China trade concerns. In fact, the US and China had announced a NINETY DAY TARIFF TRUCE, and just today added that talks were going very well and they expect to have a deal long before the ninety days are up.

I haven't watched the news now in the morning for a few WEEKS, and the only news I watch at night is the local news, and I know to turn that on about 10 minutes into it just to catch the local weather. I'm getting my NEWS from here, and twitter, and what I see in advertisements of coming stories on TV here and there... and ya know what... I think I'm enjoying myself more not listening to all that PATHETIC OPINION and HYPER PARTISAN HACK SPIN.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-06-2018 at 09:20 PM.

20. Thanks Gunny, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Statements like that ...^^^... (not pointing a finger at AT, I mean from the article)... are what's so DISHONEST about the media, aka, the democrat propaganda wing. The huge SELL OFF was NOT "triggered" by US, China trade concerns. It was TRIGGERED by freakin' COMPUTERS!! Had a COMPUTER not been TRIGGERED by the algorithms ENTERED INTO IT, no one would have given a DAMN about the US, China trade concerns. In fact, the US and China had announced a NINETY DAY TARIFF TRUCE, and just today added that talks were going very well and they expect to have a deal long before the ninety days are up.

I haven't watched the news now in the morning for a few WEEKS, and the only news I watch at night is the local news, and I know to turn that on about 10 minutes into it just to catch the local weather. I'm getting my NEWS from here, and twitter, and what I see in advertisements of coming stories on TV here and there... and ya know what... I think I'm enjoying myself more not listening to all that PATHETIC OPINION and HYPER PARTISAN HACK SPIN.
    I don't have much option. Little Mr Man wants his damned "Baby First Club" shit on and could care less about the news. And he will stand there chattering gibberish, scolding me if it isn't what he wants on

I graze over the news. Looks to me like nothing more than beating the same dead horse since Thanksgiving.

22. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Where is Pete now, since the recovery has been made?

Sucking his thumb in a corner again for opening his mouth before
    letting facts engage and penetrate his narrow mind?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

24. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Where is Pete now, since the recovery has been made?

Sucking his thumb in a corner again for opening his mouth before
    letting facts engage and penetrate his narrow mind?
    What recovery? Please do tell because I see red yesterday and today and we've made no gains this year. #winning?
    Last edited by pete311; 12-07-2018 at 10:45 AM.