Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    The stock market on the day Trump signed the tax bill: 24,754. The stock market today, nearly a year later: 24,480.That's a decrease of 1.1% since the tax bill was signed. And in the meantime, the US debt is exploding at an even more unsustainable rate. But ya'll stopped caring about the national debt a long time ago.
    Pete , do you wail at the tides going up(rising high tide)and then back down?
    Up and down is the name of the game, yet you act as if any correction, any fall is a horrendous catastrophe !
    Does Trump crank the up and down gear ?
    Good grief Charlie Brown, you are either very naive, or else pretending to be so, in order to, rail like a whimpering child against the monster behemoth named President Donald Trump!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Up and down is the name of the game, yet you act as if any correction, any fall is a horrendous catastrophe !
    Good grief Charlie Brown, you are either very naive, or else pretending to be so, in order to, rail like a whimpering child against the monster behemoth named President Donald Trump!--Tyr
    Charlie Brown. we keep pulling the football like Lucy. And Pete keeps falling for it.

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Actually that isn't so for the year, https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EDJI?p=^DJI

While the President is far from my cup of tea, he can not actually be credited or blamed for the economy-though they always are.
    uh, isn't Trump's great economy and business deals the reason he was voted in? If Trump can't effect the economy why the fuck is he there?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Charlie Brown. we keep pulling the football like Lucy. And Pete keeps falling for it.
    Keep reading cartoons little boy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

So Trump is not responsible for the 5k in increase in the dow since his inauguration, got it. thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yups. And the fact that he is up altogether since his election. The market rises and falls for many reasons. We'll see in the long run. As the "long run" stands right now - he's well up and I have $$$ to prove it since then!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

uh, isn't Trump's great economy and business deals the reason he was voted in? If Trump can't effect the economy why the fuck is he there?
    To make you cry.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, High_Plains_Drifter, OAK liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

So Trump is not responsible for the 5k in increase in the dow since his inauguration, got it. thank you.
    It increased because the market was anticipating tax cuts.

12. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

To make you cry.
    You could have pointed out unemployment, job creations, stock market... and him with his supposed poor GDP of 2.7 - that comes from someone who ignored the many times the success of the GDP has been posted. And if Obama left us at 1.2 - why didn't little boy make a thread to complain back then? One word - troll. He WAITS and TRIES to capitalize on negativity or misfortune towards Trump - and is thus far batting about .000 with every such started thread has failed miserably.

GDP: President Trump entered office amid what appeared to be a dangerously slowing economy, with just 1.2% growth in the first quarter of 2017. But growth immediately picked up, rising to 3.1% in the second quarter, 3.2% in the third quarter, and, based on recent data, 3% or higher in the final quarter of 2017 — making the longest stretch of 3%-plus GDP growth since 2005.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You could have pointed out unemployment, job creations, stock market... and him with his supposed poor GDP of 2.7 - that comes from someone who ignored the many times the success of the GDP has been posted. And if Obama left us at 1.2 - why didn't little boy make a thread to complain back then? One word - troll. He WAITS and TRIES to capitalize on negativity or misfortune towards Trump - and is thus far batting about .000 with every such started thread has failed miserably.
    I could have. But he won't listen because it's trump. I mentioned the anticipation of tax cuts making the stock market go up a year or two ago. I'm sure he'll say that was residual from the wonderful Prince Obama. The residual which clearly just ended this week.

15. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I just want to be clear so we are on the same page. Trump is only responsible for the good parts of the economy and if there is weakness, it's not in his control. Ooops did I forget to mention the national debt?
    Last edited by pete311; 12-07-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I just want to be clear so we are on the same page. Trump is only responsible for the good parts of the economy and if there is weakness, it's not in his control. Ooops did I forget to mention the national debt?
    You forgot to mention it for 8 years when Obama was president. I guess you weren't paying attention when trump supporters on here were pissed at trump for signing the budget.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You forgot to mention it for 8 years when Obama was president. I guess you weren't paying attention when trump supporters on here were pissed at trump for signing the budget.
    Simply click on his profile and then click on started threads... while he doesn't like the way some of us approve/disapprove of certain things on the right - I couldn't find ONE SINGLE thread condemning Obama or anyone on the left for anything at all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Simply click on his profile and then click on started threads... while he doesn't like the way some of us approve/disapprove of certain things on the right - I couldn't find ONE SINGLE thread condemning Obama or anyone on the left for anything at all.
    I condemned Clinton and you know that! Generally I let you guys bash the left and then I counter balance. You know that too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh, and look here, today's headline. So much for the atrocious economy by all indicators.

Record 156,795,000 Employed in USA, 13th Record-Breaker Under Trump

(CNSNews.com) - The November employment report, released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, shows the economy added 150,000 jobs, well below the (revised) 237,000 added last month.

But the unemployment rate held steady at 3.7 percent for the third month in a row; and the number of employed Americans once again reached an all-time high of 156,795,000, the 13th record since Donald Trump became president.

Wages continued rising as well: In November, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 6 cents to $27.35. Over the year, average hourly earnings have increased by 81 cents, or 3.1 percent.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...er-under-trump

21. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post