Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

"https://www.straturka.com/why-cannot...-be-objective/"

This explains why Farah is so deluded.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Thanks Gunny, NightTrain, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Know what the difference between Saddam Hussein and Erdogan is besides the fact Hussein was deposed by the US and executed and Erdogan is just working on it?

Not a whole bunch from where I sit.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    "https://www.straturka.com/why-cannot...-be-objective/"

This explains why Farah is so deluded.

Yep. Can't even find who owns that blog, which means it's an Erdogan toadie outlet. Lots of pro-muslim propaganda on that site, though, strangely enough.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Yep. Can't even find who owns that blog, which means it's an Erdogan toadie outlet. Lots of pro-muslim propaganda on that site, though, strangely enough.
    Erdogan himself has been a rather "fiery" muslim himself. Spent some jail time for inciting religious hatred from what I have read.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

8. Thanks NightTrain, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Here's another bit of information about Erdogan and what we know he's up to :

Be sure you click all those hypertext links to see the sources, Farah. In that way, you'll find the truth about your country instead of what you're being lied to about from a muslim dictator.

Turkey's Recep Tayyip Erdogan is a criminal. Our foreign policy should treat him as such.

Earlier this year, former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega died quietly in Panama City ending a life marked by fantastic highs and lows. Noriega was Panamanian military officer and CIA informant who let greed get the best of him. He cast his lot with Colombian drug lords flooding their cocaine into the United States. The George H.W. Bush administration had enough of their former partner and client and ordered an invasion of Panama to snatch Noriega. He surrendered after two weeks, stood trial in the United States, and served 17 years of a 30-year sentence before being released for good behavior.
    Meanwhile, over the years, many analysts and authors have drawn analogies between Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan and various world leaders: Does Erdogan seek to become a Khomeini-like figure over his own Islamic Republic (never mind that Turkey is largely Sunni rather than Shi’ite like neighboring Iran)? Or is he just after power and wealth, like Russian leader Vladimir Putin? Or is he motivated by personal animus toward his political adversaries like the late Hugo Chavez in Venezuela?
    The reality is that Erdogan is his own man and has carved his own unique path as he has upended Turkey’s democracy, even as he seems to have incorporated lessons from or modeled himself after all three at various times.

Increasingly, however, it appears that Noriega may be a better analogy for Erdogan, as the Reza Zarrab case proceeds through court.
    Reza Zarrab, of course, was a former business associate of Erdogan arrested on March 19, 2016, by the FBI upon arrival at Miami International Airport. The Department of Justice charged Zarrab with money laundering, bank fraud, and generally working to help Iran evade U.S. sanctions.
    As the case has proceeded, more Turkish officials have come under the spotlight. On September 6, 2017, the Justice Department charged Turkey’s former Minister of Economy and the general manager of a Turkish state-owned bank. On October 30, 2017, the Justice Department filed new papers in the U.S. District Court, southern district of New York, in the case of Zarrab and his business partners. What is significant in the latest indictment is how Erdogan is mentioned. On page 17, for example, it reads:
    The evidence also includes documents and communications concerning Zarrab’s efforts to develop a relationship with then Prime Minister Erdogan to garner support and protection for his business. For example, Zarrab and Erdogan both attended the April 12, 2013, wedding of another [then-Minister of the Economy Zafer] Çağlayan relative, where Zarrab spoke with Erdogan. Zarrab and [then Halk Bank General Manager Suleyman] Aslan exchanged electronic communications discussing this meeting. Thereafter, in a recorded call on April 16, 2013, Zarrab described more about his discussion with Erdogan. In response to Aslan’s inquiry about the progress of Zarrab’s efforts to buy a bank (as discussed with Iranian officials, in order to establish a conduit for transactions for Iran), Zarrab responded, "I thought about it until I begged the twenty-four prophets, but they say to only beg of God. I went to the Prime Minister ... I went to him and talked about the thing I was going to do and I explained it that day at the wedding. I will go back and will say, Mr. Prime Minister, if you approve, give me a license, I will go though BDDK [the Turkish bank regulator] even if I bought the bank anyway."
    Erdogan may lead a NATO country, but his name is appearing increasingly in court documents which suggest that he was intimately involved in a conspiracy to evade U.S. sanctions on Iran for both ideology and profit. The Zarrab case may be Erdogan’s nightmare because there are signs his one-time confidant is singing like a canary to federal prosecutors in exchange for a plea deal.
    Now, there’s no way the United States is going to seize Erdogan, the leader of a NATO country, the way it once seized Noriega, at least so long as he remains in power and wise enough to remain inside Turkey once he leaves power. That said, Erdogan’s involvement in Zarrab’s alleged crimes suggest relations between the United States and Turkey are soon going to get worse. Erdogan may seek to tightly control Turkey’s judiciary, but he has no power to silence the U.S. Justice Department. Nor, for that matter, do President Trump and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, both of whom might be inclined to deal with Erdogan for pragmatic reasons, have the power to curtail the investigation.
    For Erdogan, the truly embarrassing aspects might be yet to come. While he imprisons any journalist inside Turkey who writes about his own corruption, the U.S. court records will become public and Erdogan’s corruption will be exposed to the world, and any Turk with an internet connection, to see. Suggesting the evidence is fake — as Erdogan implausibly does with regard to the taped phone calls implicating him in the embezzling of more than a billion dollars — won’t work when Zarrab speaks openly or pleads guilty.
    It’s quite astounding to see a world leader and nominal ally so deeply and personally involved in such shady economic business. The episode should negate the arguments of any self-described realist who says that Turkey’s location and its role in NATO mandate cooperation with it as a strategic partner.
    For the sake of filling his bank accounts, Erdogan has been willing to sell the West out to Iran. His greed, corruption, and cynicism should give pause to any defense official or diplomat who seeks continued partnership with Turkey on the F-35 joint strike fighter. That the British military appears so sanguine about relying on Turkey for F-35 engine overhaul and maintenance suggests that Whitehall is simply not serious about the United Kingdom’s defense.
    NATO or not, to cooperate with Turkey on defense or, indeed, on any other matter of strategic concern is malpractice. So long as Erdogan leads Turkey, the United States should quarantine its former partner. In effect, it should treat Turkey as Noriega’s Panama, absent the invasion of course.
    It’s long past time to calibrate U.S. policy to the reality of Erdogan’s behavior and policies rather than the image some Turkish diplomats and the U.S. representatives and senators who belong to the Congressional Turkey Caucus seek to craft. Court documents increasingly suggest Erdogan is a criminal and, like Manuel Noriega, he should be treated as such.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...at-him-as-such

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Erdogan himself has been a rather "fiery" muslim himself. Spent some jail time for inciting religious hatred from what I have read.
    Turkey's one saving grace under Attaturk is that it was secular. He's like the Jesus Christ of "modern" Turkey. He put nationalism above all which is one reason Turks are so arrogant.

Erdogan has also made statement to the affect that Israel will not be allowed to have Jerusalem as its capitol. I posted it way back when. He is dangerously close to taking that raghead plunge.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks NightTrain, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Yeah, he's a muzzie radical for sure.

Thank God he showed himself before we gave him F-35s and decent hardware. It would really suck to fight our own hardware.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

And now, dear Farah, I fear I must leave to take care of some business around town.

Play nicely with your new best friends CSM and Gunny. They'll take real good care of you.

15. Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Yeah, he's a muzzie radical for sure.

Thank God he showed himself before we gave him F-35s and decent hardware. It would really suck to fight our own hardware.
    Truthfully, sales of military hardware to foreign countries do not include full capability in that hardware. The F-35s they get are NOT as fully capable as what the US military has. We sell them everything they have but not everything WE have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

During the recent Afrin operation against US backed forces, the positions that was planned to resist for a few months were seized in 2 hours.

Is this a sign of amateurishness of US army ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The big issue I see in a face-off with Turkey is what Putin is going to do. He's been courting Turkey for quite some time, and vice-versa. It would be almost comical if the stakes weren't so high. Erdogan courting Putin thinking he's going to get over on Russia, and Putin courting Turkey thinking he's going to get over on Erdogan. Throw I ran in there for good measure and you got the 3 Stooges.

Turkey borders Russia and the Black Sea. Everyone is keenly aware of this. Turkey used us when it suited them to protect themselves from the USSR. They'll do the same in reverse. Turkey's past proves it. It has sold out for centuries BC. Anything we do, if we do anything at all, will have to assure Putin we aren't staying. He'll let Turkey pretend it's its own master so long as it suits him, but he won't let it come under anyone else's control but his. I imagine Putin is laughing at Erdogan thinking he's Putin's equal. I would be too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

By the way @Farah Did I mention I REALLY liked living in Greece? The Cretians are some really cool people.

You should visit

20. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farah View Post
    During the recent Afrin operation against US backed forces, the positions that was planned to resist for a few months were seized in 2 hours.

Is this a sign of amateurishness of US army ?
    You mean Operation Olive Branch? You rug makers were not fighting the US Army. Be glad you weren't. That operation began in January and went until March...sounds like a few months to me. Your camel riders accomplished a lot though:

between 385 and 510 civilians have been reported killed since the operation started.[51][56][60] Other war crime allegations include the mutilation of a female corpse by Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army (TFSA) fighters,[79] the killing of civilians due to indiscriminate shelling by Turkish forces,[80] the use of chemical gas by the Turkish Army,[81] and the indiscriminate shooting of refugees fleeing from the conflict area into Turkey by Turkish border guards.[82]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Olive_Branch

I bet you are very proud of those terrorists you sent in there. Just be glad those camel jockeys were NOT fighting the US Army!
    Last edited by CSM; 12-12-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson

22. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    By the way @Farah Did I mention I REALLY liked living in Greece? The Cretians are some really cool people.

You should visit

I think you are trying to provoke me but I really have no idea about what is "cretians". I will google it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The terrorists caught by Syrian local forces during Afrin operation begs to be delivered to Turkish soldiers. The Arabs dont want to deliver it but Turkish soldiers insists to take it.

Why a terrorists cry to be delivered to Turkish soldiers ? Do you have any idea ?