View Poll Results: What should become of Mexico?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's a hellhole; let it fester

2 40.00%
  • We are all better off with a safe, prosperous Mexico

1 20.00%
  • Who will mow my lawn if Mexico prospers?

0 0%
  • As long as it doesn't affect the US, I don't care

2 40.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    This thread was started by me. I am not a Muslim. Drug cartels are the elephant in the room related to the OP.

My instincts say there's a pliability about her. Don't hit too hard and there's a chance that she will soften up. She is just presenting what she has been fed.
    My guess is she's just young, very young and indoctrinated. I'd say she's between 8 and 12. She has the eye of a very young child with puffy, smooth, nary a wrinkle in sight skin, can't see her pores, no veins present in the eye, etc... ya... she's young, practically a baby in the grand scheme of things. The eye in her avatar could even pass for that of a baby/2 or 3 year old.

I know one thing for sure, she hates America, and she's already adept at lying.

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-14-2018 at 05:51 PM.

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farah View Post
    I ignore personal comments or any other post that irrelevant to topic subject. You cant provoke me or get me mad with these kind of posts, so dont waste your time, use your time to make a logical explanation about main subject. Last time I was verbally attacked by a man and he was screaming at me and insulting at me from 2 inch distance and I was just looking into his eyes with no reaction. He was getting more and more mad when I dont give any reaction, coward people always do such things.
    Very well. What IS relevant to the topic subject ... since, after all, you did your level best to make it relevant, from your own posting ! ... is the issue of a girl's death at the US-Mexico border.

Your post ... http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...381#post923381

... said (a partial quotation only) ....

The responsibility of her parents is something complately different. Here the point is responsiblities of US side which is probably is not met deliberately.
    [The typo is yours, not mine, by the way]

You persist in ignoring the responsibility the parents had to their child. You persist in ignoring the inevitable extent to which it contributed to her condition. Your only interest, in defiance of the WHOLE truth, is in finding an excuse to attack the US for THEIR involvement.

For all you know, the child might've been suffering so badly by that point that no amount of assistance could've saved her.

But .. YOU DON'T CARE. So long as you can find an excuse for attacking America, you'll do it. That, Farah, is the truth of you.

You say:

Last time I was verbally attacked by a man and he was screaming at me and insulting at me from 2 inch distance and I was just looking into his eyes with no reaction.
    I can't usefully comment .. because, (1) I know I don't have facts available to me to judge anything from your account, and (2) I have no agenda or even good reason to comment.

Compare THAT, Farah, to what YOU do. Your approach is devoid of my brand of fairness. You DO wade in, regardless of having scant information to reach your chosen judgment, and you DO have your agenda to pursue.
    Last edited by Drummond; 12-14-2018 at 06:48 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    This thread was started by me. I am not a Muslim. Drug cartels are the elephant in the room related to the OP.

My instincts say there's a pliability about her. Don't hit too hard and there's a chance that she will soften up. She is just presenting what she has been fed.
    Here's where we differ, Tailfins. I see no sign at all of pliability. Far from it. In fact, her single-mindedness is extremely obvious: she'll attack the US in any way she can, offering wholly one-sided and myopically selective considerations to her 'facts' in doing so.

It's taken to fanatical extremes.

Farah, if she's willing, CAN learn from us, and find a remedy for all that. I don't think it'll happen. But, as ever, I'm willing to be proven wrong.

@Farah ... a challenge. Post ONE post - here, or on any other thread - which has something good to say about America. Do it straightforwardly, minus any countering agenda, even an implied one .. just show us that you have SOME reason, whatever it is, to see good in that country.

Let's see if you'll do it, Farah.

Or, do you balk at that idea ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 12-14-2018 at 07:17 PM.

6. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

You are soo agressive and you just harm yourself by doing so. Keep calm.
    Missing from that semi-competent 'assessment', Farah, is that if it can be said that you get 'aggression', you certainly do a lot to earn it !!

Explain why you'd expect anything less than combative posting against you, when all you do .. ALL you do .. is post again and again on subjects, and in a manner, meant to denigrate and attack the home country of the people you're happy to judge.

Reverse it around. If you were on a Turkish-run equivalent of this forum (if, in fact, you are allowed such a thing within Turkey's territory ??) and an American joined it, then posted incessantly with propaganda and harsh words against everything to do with your own country's behaviour (and in a totally jaundiced way, too !!), would YOU like it ? How tempted would you be to bite back ??

My opinion of you is that you're a single-minded fanatic who hates America and is here to give vent to that hatred, and in a highly propagandist way. You do so with zero consideration for whether your assessments are objective or remotely fair. You'll dismiss or ignore anything which may dilute such vitriol. You have an agenda. As yet, you've not deviated from it .. and I don't think you will.

Since when were Americans here 'required' to be more receptive of you, than YOU are, to what THEY have to say ??

8. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    . a challenge. Post ONE post - here, or on any other thread - which has something good to say about America. Do it straightforwardly, minus any countering agenda, even an implied one .. just show us that you have SOME reason, whatever it is, to see good in that country.

Let's see if you'll do it, Farah.

Or, do you balk at that idea ?

I dont have to prove anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Do you want to be taken seriously or do you want to be like the beauty pageant queen that says she wants world peace (or what you have been told to believe represents world peace)? No one is going to debate and say "oh no, I'm against world peace". Watching you parrot your indoctrination is cute. I think the best women are obedient women. I'm intrigued by how your mind won't even process ideas different than what you are told to believe. Your sense of obedience is remarkable. I'm not angry or hostile because I understand that it's all you know. If you want anyone to have an interest in what you say, at least tell us how you got there. What makes you be you?
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

11. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Ducking my challenge, then ? I'm not at all surprised. A little disappointed, maybe (?). But not surprised in the least.

Here's what I say:

Your entire history of posting here has been one of being relentlessly critical, even actually condemnatory, of your view of America and what that country does. That view of yours is expressed on any subject you address, and (as the case of the child at the Mexico border amply illustrated) TO THE EXCLUSION OF ANYTHING AT ALL THAT MIGHT SUGGEST A LESSENING OF BLAME AGAINST AMERICA.

Consequently there is absolutely no sign of balance in what you report, or what you comment on. Everything has your hallmark of anti-American bias indelibly stamped on it.

Farah, IF, I say, IF, you've any interest in convincing anybody here that there's any worth to what you argue, you need to demonstrate balance. Balance in what you say, and how you think. A willingness to concede, if or when proven wrong. A willingness to be open to truths and facts NOT fitting your agenda, but which are nonetheless highly relevant to a whole truth.

If you're closed to all that, then, what worth does your incessant attacking of America actually have ?? Everything you post is reduced to propaganda and perceived to be missing any balance. YOU DEVALUE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ACCORDINGLY.

A way forward is for you to prove that you can step out of the highly limiting confines of your America-bashing, by doing the opposite. So, take up my challenge.

Prove yourself capable, and worthy, of better than sheer blind hatred towards a country you've no real interest in being FAIR to.

Go on. DO IT ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well there it is... although I needed no more proof of where this little twirps head is at than what I've already read.

She's a shit sandwich, and expecting peanut butter and jelly to come out of a shit sandwich is just kinda foolish.

She's a muslim, she's not going to change, and she's not going to say anything nice about America... unless she's LYING.

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well there it is... although I needed no more proof of where this little twirps head is at than what I've already read.

She's a shit sandwich, and expecting peanut butter and jelly to come out of a shit sandwich is just kinda foolish.

She's a muslim, she's not going to change, and she's not going to say anything nice about America... unless she's LYING.
    She has my challenge. She won't take it up, of course. But she has it, all the same ....

16. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I am not anti american, I love american hats and I have such a photo, currently I am not at my laptop but I can use it as my profile pic when I back home. I am anti injustice.
    I've only just spotted this post.

My most immediate reaction is ....

From your posting history on this site, evidently the only way you can refute the charge of being anti-American is to agree that you're anti-Western, instead. Virtually every single post I've seen of yours, here, is an attack-post. Western powers, invariably the US in particular, are subject to your criticism, condemnation, ANYTHING but the smallest suggestion that you LIKE any country you single out.

Early on, you did start a 'The Criminal West' thread. You'll recall that I challenged you to also start a counterbalancing 'The Criminal East' thread, too. You showed no interest at all in doing so.

If your stance is 'anti-injustice', Farah, why NOT start such a thread ? Why the disinterest ? Why the lack of even-handedness ? Why ONLY an interest in being critical, specifically, of the so-called 'criminal' West ?

So I have to tell you, Farah, that I don't believe you. You are anti-West for sure, and you've posted plenty of evidence supporting an 'anti-US' charge.

Please don't waste our time with any more refutations. I doubt that anyone will believe them. You're here to 'bash us' (.. you'd hope !). That is now extremely clear.

P.S ...

I'm curious about your 'American hats'. What do your countrymen make of the spectacle of one balanced at the top of the burkha you must be wearing ?

Are your friends nervous about being seen with you in public ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 12-15-2018 at 12:24 AM.

18. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I ignore personal comments or any other post that irrelevant to topic subject. You cant provoke me or get me mad with these kind of posts, so dont waste your time, use your time to make a logical explanation about main subject. Last time I was verbally attacked by a man and he was screaming at me and insulting at me from 2 inch distance and I was just looking into his eyes with no reaction. He was getting more and more mad when I dont give any reaction, coward people always do such things.
    My post about the barbaric stoning of women was relevant to your claim that we are the inhumane society.
    Yet you ignored it. Because YOU CANT DEFEND IT.

Your game is exposed, sweetheart.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

20. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I'm curious about your 'American hats'. What do your countrymen make of the spectacle of one balanced at the top of the burkha you must be wearing ?
    Its not a real hat. Its an emoji, so one of the emojis I like to use on my pics sometimes. Still I am not at home and wont be at home at least for 4-5 more hours.

As I said I dont have to prove anything and I wont do anything just because of you want me to do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    My post about the barbaric stoning of women was relevant to your claim that we are the inhumane society.
    Yet you ignored it. Because YOU CANT DEFEND IT.

Your game is exposed, sweetheart.
    You didnt expose anything, I just dont reply you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You are correct, you don't. But it helps one's position when they do.

A TON of what you post is downright laughable. And when someone states you can't even defend your own position, and then you refuse to do so - it then appears as if the crap you're posting is made up or propaganda. And this being a debate site, I see little point in someone NOT wanting to defend their position, NOT wanting to engage others in discussions, even if not ONLY what you get to decide is up for discussion.

All YOU want to do is to make up stories or post crap about "the east", and then you won't even defend that!!! And when something is brought up negative about the "WEST" - you irrationally somehow claim it's "personal". No, I'm sorry, asking a question about terrorism in your area, or horrid acts in your area, is hardly personal - it's the same as you're doing.

The difference?

The stuff being discussed and brought up by folks here, they are willing to defend, and HAVE defended with articles and facts.

If ALL you want to do is post your own tripe, don't have to prove what you post, don't want to engage anything at all...

Well, that kind of makes you a troll then, doesn't it? Yes, it does.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You didnt expose anything, I just dont reply you.
    Yes, she HAS and have others. You can deny, that's cool but EVERYONE is seeing the same thing apparently - except for you, which isn't surprising.

You don't reply to ANYTHING that shows the non-stop criminal actions and terrorism in the areas you live. Nor anything about Islam, which is by far and large the entire world's biggest problem right now, and growing. And I'm not even talking terrorism, but the cult of Islam itself. It needs to be eradicated, like one eradicates a cockroach infestation.

And yes, please ignore my post, I fully expect it. No muslim in the world that I have met as of yet - has EVER been an "honest" person. NOT ONE. ALL LIARS and I mean each and every last one.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

25. Thanks Abbey Marie, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post