Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Game of Thrones - Upcoming Season 8

I don't want to post too much, as some folks may be waiting to binge watch, or still just getting caught up. We have until April of 2019 before the last 6 episodes will air.

So - does anyone else watch besides myself 8 seasons in now?

I'm going nuts waiting and have so many questions!!!

Ok, I do have to talk and ask. So if you continue to read past this point, there might be spoilers!!!

****** SPOILERS AHEAD AS SEASON 7 IS OVER ******
    ****** DO NOT SCROLL DOWN UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED ALL OF SEASON 7 ******

13th Lord Commander Night's Watch - marries woman from beyond wall, cold light skin and blue eyes, and ruled Night's Watch for 13 years - before kicked out to the North -----

Night King

Jon Snow aka Aegon Targaryen
    Daenerys Targaryen - aka Aegon's, or Jon Snow's younger sister
    Cersei Lannister
    Jaime Lannister
    Tyrion Lannister
    Sansa Stark
    Arya Stark
    Bran Stark - aka Three Eyed Raven
    Theon Greyjoy
    Yara Greyjoy
    Euron Greyjoy
    Missandei
    Grey Worm
    Brienne of Tarth
    The Hound - Sandor Clegane
    The Mountain - Gregor Clegane
    The Mountain -
    Sam or Samwell Tarly
    Gilly - his wife
    Jorah Mormont
    Varys
    Melisandre - Red Lady
    Bronn
    Gendry
    Beric Dondarrion - Also undead reawaken like Snow
    Nymeria & Ghost - the only 2 remaining direwolves

Various Theories/Questions

13th Lord Commander Night's Watch - marries woman from beyond wall, cold light skin and blue eyes, and ruled Night's Watch for 13 years - before kicked out to the North ----- I'm of the belief that this is the, or one of the Night King's beyond the wall.

Night King kills and the re-awakens Viserion and now has an "ice dragon" at his disposal.
    Night King breaks down portion of the wall with his newly found ice dragon.

WHO is the Night King, the white walker guy? WHO was the 13th Lord Commander?? They disposed of ALL of his records and name and basically thousands of years later no one knows.

WHO was his ice queen he married? What happened to her?

"Winterfell" - does this mean Winterfell may be literally the place were the original long night white walkers and Night King were beaten, and "Winter Fell"?

Many mysteries about the crypts of winterfell. Is it a prison as well? What is down there? Are the Old Kings guarding something? Does Jon Snow go down there and that's where he finds out that he is really Aegon Targaryen, rightful heir to the throne?

Daenerys has already burned a few people alive, just like the "Mad King", her father. Will she go mad as well, and need to be killed?

Does Cersei try to blow up the entirety of Kings Landing? Does Jaime kill her in the end?

Do the Mountain and the Hound ever finally fight to the death as expected by many?

Is Gendry maybe Robert Baratheon's "true" son, and not his bastard son, and therefore HE is the rightful heir to the throne?

I have SO MANY other questions and theories and what not, but enough for starters.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Gendry is a bastard, and therefore ineligible.

As soon as the Red Wedding happened and Rob got killed, my money shifted to Jon Snow to take the Throne, especially since his death & resurrection cleared him of his vow.

I don't know how that's going to work out with Dani, because she's his Aunt apparently... but then they already did the mattress mambo, so I don't know what'll happen there. George RR Martin clearly has a thing for incest and he's unapologetic about it.

Arya is going to nail Cersei. Looking forward to that... she's really turned into a badass little assassin. Sansa will probably be there to watch.

My favorite character is Bronn. He's a badass and hilarious!

*** NSFW ***

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Likes SassyLady, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Guess I should add... I NEVER get addicted to a damn television show, but this one is by far and away the best one I've ever watched.

HBO really did an outstanding job all around with it... even though some things made me very uncomfortable, it's still amazing. I'm just sad that it's ending.

6. Likes LongTermGuy, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I’m sad that I just watched the last episode of Downton Abbey. What a lovely show. It took me a few years to try it, and I don’t know why. I loved it. At least I have Downton “the movie” to look forward to next September.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

8. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I've read all the books and watched all episodes and still have questions.

Been really pissed at Martin for not finishing the series and wondering what the prequels will be like.

Jim ... maybe your Night King questions will be answered in prequels.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/19/game-of...ns-targaryens/
    Last edited by SassyLady; 12-17-2018 at 04:11 AM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Gendry is a bastard, and therefore ineligible.
    As soon as the Red Wedding happened and Rob got killed, my money shifted to Jon Snow to take the Throne, especially since his death & resurrection cleared him of his vow.

I don't know how that's going to work out with Dani, because she's his Aunt apparently... but then they already did the mattress mambo, so I don't know what'll happen there. George RR Martin clearly has a thing for incest and he's unapologetic about it.

Arya is going to nail Cersei. Looking forward to that... she's really turned into a badass little assassin. Sansa will probably be there to watch.

My favorite character is Bronn. He's a badass and hilarious!

*** NSFW ***

[/QUOTE]

Gendry - Now granted, I'm obsessed and read a TON of prediction and theory websites.... some say it's possible he is not a bastard, and therefore the true heir himself. I doubt that one though.

Jon still hasn't found out he is Aegon yet. He dreams of the crypts of winterfell - something is down there. Whether as simple as finding the tomb he is unaware of - that Ned Stark had created for him - showing him to be born of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. I read perhaps Rhaegar's silver lined harp is down there among other things of proof.

The Kings of Winter, the Old Kings are buried down below - supposedly with their swords across their laps of their cement likenesses. My belief? It's more than just show. Ned was "Warden of the North". Winter Fell here. I'm STILL of the belief that this turns out to be a very old prison, with something held down beneath. I know a longshot... Also - since it's rumored to be warm down there, some say that it holds a dragon down there.

Back to Jon.... He will become Aegon Targayen VII should he take the throne. Some say he will have to put his sword through the heart of Danaryes, creating "Lightbringer", which will allow him to use that sword to take down the Night King. This is how the 1st one was brought down, by "Azor Ahai" putting his sword through "Nissa Nissa" and ending the first long night. Could this repeat?

Could the Night King come from Stark lineage? And that's why the 13th Lord Commander's name has been hidden? They run the north basically. Imagine a younger stark, took up a lady from the north, a woman with cold skin and pale blue eyes - and they ruled the nightfort for 13 years before being beaten. Perhaps originally a Stark? WHY did the massive army of the dead - they formed an image of a Wolf, the Stark Sigil, when coming through the downed wall. Why?

I believe Jaime fufills the prophecy and kills Cersei. Or worst case, Arya wears Littlefinger's face and kills her. And I also think the Mountain kills Jaime for doing so. And then the Hound kills the Mountain.

"A Lannister always pays his debts" - Bronn has now been promised a Castle and twins!! I think he gets them at the end!!

Sassy - I do think that this whole "A song of ice and fire" is the song of the Targaryen's and Stark's. I also think that since Jon is BOTH, that it's about him. But GRRM has NEVER made it easy. Still a possibility that the Night King wins and all of humanity dies!

Will Jon ultimately ride the other remaining dragon? Dany rides Drogon, and Jon can ride Rhaegal - named after his father!

Now - is Tyrion secretly a Targaryen? Remember him always being able to be close with the dragons for some reason? And his father ALWAYS told him "You are no son of mine". And its stated that there will be a 3 headed dragon. Will all 3 ride to save the world somehow?

We saw the children of the forest turn the man into the first Night King. Is it possible that is someone we know?

Old Nan likes to tell stories and told Bran many. She told him about Brandon the Builder, Brandon the Breaker, Brandon the Conqueror..... and she DID make mention of getting them all confused, and possibly because they were all the same person - her words! --- what if Bran keeps going back in time - like he has done before - and creates the wall and other things trying to save the world. --- and when he goes back to stop the Night King from being created - he somehow gets stuck and BECOMES the Night King. --- This is why the NK looks at Jon the way he always does and doesn't kill him. The NK wears a top just like Bran. The Stark message made out of the wights.

Back to Dany - if you recall her Dad was the "Mad King" who wanted to burn people - just like her. Or did he want to burn people - because maybe Bran went back and was telling him to burn the bodies - like he screwed up Hodor in telling him about Holding the door. I know, crazy....

And after everything, does Cersei go mad and try to burn down all of King's Landing to kill everyone and or all the dead?

Does the show end with everyone dead - and Samwell Tarly sitting around reading a book to his kid about everything that happened? Remember, he had told his boss he didn't like the title of the book being written - which was about all the wars after King Robert. I think this book is ultimately the song of ice and fire.

The crypts though! Ned dreamed about them, Jon dreams about them - but they never finish. Something or someone is down there that is pertinent to the show or the ending - bank on it!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Love the show and books. Hope HBO does some spinoffs.

12. Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Love the show and books. Hope HBO does some spinoffs.
    As written above - I hear they will be doing a prequel, a coverage I guess of the children of the forest, the first men, the white walkers and the first "long night". I think that would be awesome!!

14. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As written above - I hear they will be doing a prequel, a coverage I guess of the children of the forest, the first men, the white walkers and the first "long night". I think that would be awesome!!
    Excellent, I was into that story and the tv show certainly rushed through it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

The best scene hands down in all 7 seasons so far :

17. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

This scene also gave me chills!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Gendry - Now granted, I'm obsessed and read a TON of prediction and theory websites.... some say it's possible he is not a bastard, and therefore the true heir himself. I doubt that one though.

Jon still hasn't found out he is Aegon yet. He dreams of the crypts of winterfell - something is down there. Whether as simple as finding the tomb he is unaware of - that Ned Stark had created for him - showing him to be born of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. I read perhaps Rhaegar's silver lined harp is down there among other things of proof.

The Kings of Winter, the Old Kings are buried down below - supposedly with their swords across their laps of their cement likenesses. My belief? It's more than just show. Ned was "Warden of the North". Winter Fell here. I'm STILL of the belief that this turns out to be a very old prison, with something held down beneath. I know a longshot... Also - since it's rumored to be warm down there, some say that it holds a dragon down there.

Back to Jon.... He will become Aegon Targayen VII should he take the throne. Some say he will have to put his sword through the heart of Danaryes, creating "Lightbringer", which will allow him to use that sword to take down the Night King. This is how the 1st one was brought down, by "Azor Ahai" putting his sword through "Nissa Nissa" and ending the first long night. Could this repeat?

Could the Night King come from Stark lineage? And that's why the 13th Lord Commander's name has been hidden? They run the north basically. Imagine a younger stark, took up a lady from the north, a woman with cold skin and pale blue eyes - and they ruled the nightfort for 13 years before being beaten. Perhaps originally a Stark? WHY did the massive army of the dead - they formed an image of a Wolf, the Stark Sigil, when coming through the downed wall. Why?

I believe Jaime fufills the prophecy and kills Cersei. Or worst case, Arya wears Littlefinger's face and kills her. And I also think the Mountain kills Jaime for doing so. And then the Hound kills the Mountain.

"A Lannister always pays his debts" - Bronn has now been promised a Castle and twins!! I think he gets them at the end!!

Sassy - I do think that this whole "A song of ice and fire" is the song of the Targaryen's and Stark's. I also think that since Jon is BOTH, that it's about him. But GRRM has NEVER made it easy. Still a possibility that the Night King wins and all of humanity dies!

Will Jon ultimately ride the other remaining dragon? Dany rides Drogon, and Jon can ride Rhaegal - named after his father!

Now - is Tyrion secretly a Targaryen? Remember him always being able to be close with the dragons for some reason? And his father ALWAYS told him "You are no son of mine". And its stated that there will be a 3 headed dragon. Will all 3 ride to save the world somehow?

We saw the children of the forest turn the man into the first Night King. Is it possible that is someone we know?

Old Nan likes to tell stories and told Bran many. She told him about Brandon the Builder, Brandon the Breaker, Brandon the Conqueror..... and she DID make mention of getting them all confused, and possibly because they were all the same person - her words! --- what if Bran keeps going back in time - like he has done before - and creates the wall and other things trying to save the world. --- and when he goes back to stop the Night King from being created - he somehow gets stuck and BECOMES the Night King. --- This is why the NK looks at Jon the way he always does and doesn't kill him. The NK wears a top just like Bran. The Stark message made out of the wights.

Back to Dany - if you recall her Dad was the "Mad King" who wanted to burn people - just like her. Or did he want to burn people - because maybe Bran went back and was telling him to burn the bodies - like he screwed up Hodor in telling him about Holding the door. I know, crazy....

And after everything, does Cersei go mad and try to burn down all of King's Landing to kill everyone and or all the dead?

Does the show end with everyone dead - and Samwell Tarly sitting around reading a book to his kid about everything that happened? Remember, he had told his boss he didn't like the title of the book being written - which was about all the wars after King Robert. I think this book is ultimately the song of ice and fire.

The crypts though! Ned dreamed about them, Jon dreams about them - but they never finish. Something or someone is down there that is pertinent to the show or the ending - bank on it!!
    WOW .... you went down rabbit holes I never thought of and I like where you're going!
    Last edited by SassyLady; 12-17-2018 at 11:54 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.