Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Kurds vs Turks -- ?

I'm trying to separate a few discussions and clarify my stance. We all know I am a jarhead. Best of friends -- worst of enemies -- all that smoke. I'll come back around to this @CSM.

Some here think "ragheads killing ragheads ... can't get much better". I get it. If it was that simple, I'd bust out the and and comfy sneaks.

History lesson: and I know the Vietnam vets know who and what I'm talking about. We loaded up the Montagnards from the highlands with weapons and got them to do our dirty work. Mountain tribesman who were fiercely loyal. We left them high and dry in the end. I wasn't even in Nam and have a bad taste in my mouth over that shit.

1991, Iraqi kurds have done everything from then up to date we have asked. Yeah, I know they're ragheads. You'd figure by now they'd know they aren't getting another "-istan" out of the US. Yet they fought Saddam and ISIS, playing grunt to our "leadership" and technology.

As Lamefins pointed out, we aren't going to get rid of 1 billion ragheads. He actually has his moments every 50 years or so. So, minus all the "I hate ragheads" rhetoric, wouldn't it be a lot better if we kept the ones around that support our efforts and have been useful to US?

The YPG and PKK are internal Turkish political groups and both are involved in terrorism/rebel activities depending on your POV that have NOTHING to do with us, nor the kurds we support/are supporting us. Turkey has needlessly dumped its internal political problems on the rest of the ME, and threatened to fire on US troops.

My opinion: No more Montagnards. The kurds that have supported us in Iraq/Syria have been more loyal to the US than any Democrats. The guy that is laying next to me on line in the sand has earned his Rights and I don't give a damn about his race, religion or color.
    Last edited by Gunny; 12-16-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks CSM, Elessar, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes CSM, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm trying to separate a few discussions and clarify my stance. We all know I am a jarhead. Best of friends -- worst of enemies -- all that smoke. I'll come back around to this @CSM.

Some here think "ragheads killing ragheads ... can't get much better". I get it. If it was that simple, I'd bust out the and and comfy sneaks.

History lesson: and I know the Vietnam vets know who and what I'm talking about. We loaded up the Montagnards from the highlands with weapons and got them to do our dirty work. Mountain tribesman who were fiercely loyal. We left them high and dry in the end. I wasn't even in Nam and have a bad taste in my mouth over that shit.

1991, Iraqi kurds have done everything from then up to date we have asked. Yeah, I know they're ragheads. You'd figure by now they'd know they aren't getting another "-istan" out of the US. Yet they fought Saddam and ISIS, playing grunt to our "leadership" and technology.

As Lamefins pointed out, we aren't going to get rid of 1 billion ragheads. He actually has his moments every 50 years or so. So, minus all the "I hate ragheads" rhetoric, wouldn't it be a lot better if we kept the ones around that support our efforts and have been useful to US?

The YPG and PKK are internal Turkish political groups and both are involved in terrorism/rebel activities depending on your POV that have NOTHING to do with us, nor the kurds we support/are supporting us. Turkey has needlessly dumped its internal political problems on the rest of the ME, and threatened to fire on US troops.

My opinion: No more Montagnards. The kurds that have supported us in Iraq/Syria have been more loyal to the US than any Democrats. The guy that is laying next to me on line in the sand has earned his Rights and I don't give a damn about his race, religion or color.
    It is well known here that I am no fan of muslims. But your point is dead on target, if they fight with you-they are not your enemy. If in the future they decide to become your enemy- then and only then- lump them in with the other muslim scum , that so richly deserve to vanish from earth, IMHO..--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post