Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    She is an equal member on a political message board. It has nothing to do with being a "monk" and a lot to do with respecting (or not) the person for their ideals, not their genitals.

None of which has anything to do with your choice of thread title.

I chose that title because it's intriguing how she was being bombarded with insults and put downs and kept coming back for more. The question of why comes to mind.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I chose that title because it's intriguing how she was being bombarded with insults and put downs and kept coming back for more. The question of why comes to mind.
    Why would you feel the need to ask her when you can simply ask the man in the mirror?

I wasn't aware this board was a popularity contest. Guess I'm screwed. I piss off everyone time to time. Comes with the territory. I don't recall once making an issue of someone's gender without them making it an issue first.

You'd have a REAL hard time in the Marine Corps and probably never get much past PFC.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Russ, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

You're not worth the bother.
    Oh yes he is.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

5. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I think @Farah is starting to take a shine to you guys. You put her in her place and remind her of her inferiority. You're doing exactly the right thing. Howard Dare can express it in detail better than I can.
    I didn't even watch the video - the picture and the title made it obvious what kind of pathetic and disturbing crap would be in it. If you like this kind of garbage, there is something seriously wrong. My guess is that you've felt inadequate since childhood and this is a desperate attempt to feel superior to the people (women who have turned you down) that made you feel that way. Deep inside you probably have to admit this to yourself, but I'm sure you will never admit it here on the board. Yours is a sad story, at best, TF.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

7. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Why would you feel the need to ask her when you can simply ask the man in the mirror?

I wasn't aware this board was a popularity contest. Guess I'm screwed. I piss off everyone time to time. Comes with the territory. I don't recall once making an issue of someone's gender without them making it an issue first.

You'd have a REAL hard time in the Marine Corps and probably never get much past PFC.
    I wouldn't even attempt to be part of an entity where conformity is an expectation. I'm a creature of 30 years in the corporate culture. Thankfully, "don't engage" and getting information indirectly from people I don't want to deal with is an option. When it comes to women, I lost count of the number of guys I have seen come home to an empty dwelling and/or had a process server look for their cubical in the office. Observation is fundamental.
    Last edited by tailfins; 12-17-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I have. It has nothing to do with the thread topic. I propose we DON'T put women on trial and open THAT can of worms.

The fact is, farah, like her or not, agree with her or not, is just trying at playing message board political expert. I'm quite sure if she wants a date she can find a lot better and closer than tailfins. From the looks of her, he's old enough to be her father -- that being public knowledge when he opened his mouth about giving the teenage son "advice" on dating. It WAS about as intelligent as you are imagining

Unwanted sexual advances/innuendos are sexual harassment. If y'all want I can go get me an Admin to verify THAT and you can guess WHICH Admin I'm going to go straight to

AND ... this isn't aimed specifically at HPD. I just happened to respond to his post. This general for all.
    Not to mention those pesky performance issues.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I wouldn't even attempt to be part of an entity where conformity is an expectation. I'm a creature of 30 years in the corporate culture. Thankfully, "don't engage" and getting information indirectly from people I don't want to deal with is an option.
    You ever listen to us vets? Or are you as usual thinking more about what you want to say next?

I didn't conform to jack shit and I haven't heard any other vet talk like they were conformists. It is an ART to get around it and we all got stripes because we perfected that art.

Are there rules? Yep. Like everywhere else. Even where you work. You're doing what someone else tells you by their rules at some point in the game. So you can blow THAT smoke up your own ass.

My point, which logically is hard to disagree with is, in the military you are what you wear on your sleeve/collar. Regardless race, gender or religion. You are treated with the respect that goes with that rank until and/or unless you prove yourself unworthy of such. Pay's the same for the same number of stripes. Job expectation is the same same based on ABILITY.

How does that relate? Everyone on this board treats everyone the same and has the same privileges according to the rules. Merit of argument is not based on race, gender or religion. It's based on ability. Now if you happen to be a dumbass and wear any of the above on your sleeve, YOU make it a target. Kind of like your outspoken opinion of women.

I'd like to introduce you to my ex-wife. She's a retired Marine SSgt. Y'all'd get along just f-ing peachy
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

You ever listen to us vets? Or are you as usual thinking more about what you want to say next?

I didn't conform to jack shit and I haven't heard any other vet talk like they were conformists. It is an ART to get around it and we all got stripes because we perfected that art.

Are there rules? Yep. Like everywhere else. Even where you work. You're doing what someone else tells you by their rules at some point in the game. So you can blow THAT smoke up your own ass.

My point, which logically is hard to disagree with is, in the military you are what you wear on your sleeve/collar. Regardless race, gender or religion. You are treated with the respect that goes with that rank until and/or unless you prove yourself unworthy of such. Pay's the same for the same number of stripes. Job expectation is the same same based on ABILITY.

How does that relate? Everyone on this board treats everyone the same and has the same privileges according to the rules. Merit of argument is not based on race, gender or religion. It's based on ability. Now if you happen to be a dumbass and wear any of the above on your sleeve, YOU make it a target. Kind of like your outspoken opinion of women.

I'd like to introduce you to my ex-wife. She's a retired Marine SSgt. Y'all'd get along just f-ing peachy
    My opinion is the same, whether or not you want to discuss it is another topic. I can deliberately avoid the topic if it's a big deal. Or would y'all prefer authenticity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

My opinion is the same, whether or not you want to discuss it is another topic. I can deliberately avoid the topic if it's a big deal. Or would y'all prefer authenticity.
    What are you talking about now? Discuss what? Your deferential attitude toward another member of the board based on gender? I got no problem stating you're acting like a dog in heat. Difference is, the dog doesn't know better.

How many years have you been on this board? And you are as predictable as sunup. Until suddenly we get a teenage female member. You're drooling all over the place and I'm not the only one to say anything about it. You haven't listened to a damned thing anyone has told you. IF she even considered giving your old ass a shot, HER FAMILY WOULD MURDER YOU. What part of that isn't sinking into that chunk of granite on your shoulders?

You might think you're cute, and she might even be getting some charge out of making someone her grandfather's age fall all over himself, but when she gets tired of it and the REAL drama starts, WE have to clean up the freakin' mess. If you want a date go to farmers only.com or some shit.

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

What are you talking about now? Discuss what? Your deferential attitude toward another member of the board based on gender? I got no problem stating you're acting like a dog in heat. Difference is, the dog doesn't know better.

How many years have you been on this board? And you are as predictable as sunup. Until suddenly we get a teenage female member. You're drooling all over the place and I'm not the only one to say anything about it. You haven't listened to a damned thing anyone has told you. IF she even considered giving your old ass a shot, HER FAMILY WOULD MURDER YOU. What part of that isn't sinking into that chunk of granite on your shoulders?

You might think you're cute, and she might even be getting some charge out of making someone her grandfather's age fall all over himself, but when she gets tired of it and the REAL drama starts, WE have to clean up the freakin' mess. If you want a date go to farmers only.com or some shit.
    I'm not interested in making any messes. No drama either. I was just goofing around. It was fun while it lasted. No worries.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I'm not interested in making any messes. No drama either. I was just goofing around. It was fun while it lasted. No worries.
    SO you're a masochist too, huh?

From your thread title to this point, you haven't made one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

SO you're a masochist too, huh?

From your thread title to this point, you haven't made one.
    There's actually a point to it. One thing that has changed about me is the desire to shut down pissing matches as quickly as possible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Really? How much of a hypocrite are you?

I wouldn't even attempt to be part of an entity where conformity is an expectation. I'm a creature of 30 years in the corporate culture. Thankfully, "don't engage" and getting information indirectly from people I don't want to deal with is an option. When it comes to women, I lost count of the number of guys I have seen come home to an empty dwelling and/or had a process server look for their cubical in the office. Observation is fundamental.

You started off with a Blatant LIE tf. Conformity just happens to be an expectation here on DP. Either you follow the rules, or you get Discharged to your selfish, miserable, lonely life as a woman hater, and general dummy.

You aren't even capable of obeying your own comments here. That corporate culture you brag about hasn't been your best experience...according to you in past posts here.
    So, as Judge Judy's book title so aptly describes you...."Don't piss on our leg, and tell us it's raining." By the way. Your so-called Observations above, tell us YOU are actually talking about YOURSELF.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    You started off with a Blatant LIE tf. Conformity just happens to be an expectation here on DP. Either you follow the rules, or you get Discharged to your selfish, miserable, lonely life as a woman hater, and general dummy.

You aren't even capable of obeying your own comments here. That corporate culture you brag about hasn't been your best experience...according to you in past posts here.
    So, as Judge Judy's book title so aptly describes you...."Don't piss on our leg, and tell us it's raining." By the way. Your so-called Observations above, tell us YOU are actually talking about YOURSELF.

Think what you want. It's no skin off my nose. This is just a window into a part of society/civilization I have given up on long ago. When I peek in every so often, it confirms that I made the right choice. In the past I had a few doubts, not anymore. My previous back-and-forth and having ongoing discussions was part of a small doubt that my decision was correct. I almost know what you're going to say before I look at your posts. It's like visiting NYC and hearing horns honk. It gets so common that one stops looking around to see what's causing it. It just becomes part of the meaningless background noise. Make whatever accusations you care to. It has become background noise. HONK! HONK! HONK! BEEP! BEEP!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I get that you’re happy Farah bashing, and see her unpopularity as some common ground with other posters here, which emboldens you to post a thread/video like this.

But a thread/video like this is nothing but an embarrassment (and sadly one which has very real world consequences). The idea that you could post something like this on a forum were you know the likes of Abbey, Kathi, Sassy etc and consider them “inferior” portrays nothing but illusions grandeur
    Thank you Noir.

I have never engaged in discussion with TF simply because he's a dinosaur when it comes to his view of women. He's obviously afraid of strong, intelligent, independent women which means he's afraid of the women on this board.

His ideas are so ridiculously out there that they don't deserve a response.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.