Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Are you saying genocide and political correctness are equivalent evils?
    Are you seriously asking this ??

The one can, of course, lead to the other !!!

Take the extreme examples of Left-wing totalitarian regimes. The more ruthlessly dictatorial the leader, the greater the insistence upon thinking and speaking as the Almighty State requires of you.

STALIN, for example: as Left wing as can be imagined, you dared not speak up in an un-approved of fashion, on HIS watch !!

So tell me, if you can, that people he wielded power over, didn't die IN THEIR MILLIONS ....

Today, we have a more 'creeping' version of political correctness. Speak up against Muslims .. and PC imperatives insist that the act is 'racist' (... even though Islam isn't even a race !!). Tag Muslims with terrorism ... even though most of today's terrorism on this planet is done 'in the service of Islam' ... and this is one almighty 'no-no' to PC adherents.

Thousands of worldwide terrorist atrocities later, and the PC brigade are STILL unrelenting in their demands to not 'demonise' Muslims. Many will even insist, in defiance of Islam's entire blood-soaked history, that Islam is 'a religion of peace'.

.... So. Do you seriously not think that, today, such a 'PC' climate aids terrorist cells ?? Cells who may kill .. HOW MANY people, given the chance ?

YOU tell ME ...

Wake up, Pete, and get a grip on unsanitised reality.
    Last edited by Drummond; 01-02-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Are you seriously asking this ??

The one can, of course, lead to the other !!!

Take the extreme examples of Left-wing totalitarian regimes. The more ruthlessly dictatorial the leader, the greater the insistence upon thinking and speaking as the Almighty State requires of you.

STALIN, for example: as Left wing as can be imagined, you dared not speak up in an un-approved of fashion, on HIS watch !!

So tell me, if you can, that people he wielded power over, didn't die IN THEIR MILLIONS ....

Today, we have a more 'creeping' version of political correctness. Speak up against Muslims .. and PC imperatives insist that the act is 'racist' (... even though Islam isn't even a race !!). Tag Muslims with terrorism ... even though most of today's terrorism on this planet is done 'in the service of Islam' ... and this is one almighty 'no-no' to PC adherents.

Thousands of worldwide terrorist atrocities later, and the PC brigade are STILL unrelenting in their demands to not 'demonise' Muslims. Many will even insist, in defiance of Islam's entire blood-soaked history, that Islam is 'a religion of peace'.

.... So. Do you seriously not think that, today, such a 'PC' climate aids terrorist cells ?? Cells who may kill .. HOW MANY people, given the chance ?

YOU tell ME ...

Wake up, Pete, and get a grip on unsanitised reality.
    You are delusional.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

You are delusional.
    No he is not, he is right on the mark.
    You , you SOB are the damn delusional azz-hole and as is all of your ffing kind out there.--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

5. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    No he is not, he is right on the mark.
    You , you SOB are the damn delusional azz-hole and as is all of your ffing kind out there.--Tyr
    says the guy wanting to mass murder people

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

says the guy wanting to mass murder people
    In my opinion, what happens is that folks talk about such things out of anger - but likely want to rid themselves or our society of "liberalism", as if it were a disease (and very well may be!). But genocide, literally going out and killing liberals because we disagree with them? Not me, that's for sure. And I only speak for myself, but I have a suspicion that the others writing in this thread would see things. But they can speak and/or clarify for themselves.

In other words, you can live, petey!! I don't want you dead, my friend, I just want to rewire your brain a little, if possible.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Hey everyone.....petey's new word for 2019 is.....

Delusional! He listen's and watches PMSNBC, and CNN too much.

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    In my opinion, what happens is that folks talk about such things out of anger - but likely want to rid themselves or our society of "liberalism", as if it were a disease (and very well may be!). But genocide, literally going out and killing liberals because we disagree with them? Not me, that's for sure. And I only speak for myself, but I have a suspicion that the others writing in this thread would see things. But they can speak and/or clarify for themselves.

In other words, you can live, petey!! I don't want you dead, my friend, I just want to rewire your brain a little, if possible.
    He and the rest of the leftists could just leave the country and then we wouldn't have to worry about what Tyr means.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

At this point in Time, BOTH SIDES are too highly Polarized.

The Left Hates Trump and wants to impeach him and get him out... Not even wait for the election..

The Right has become as bad as the left with the Rhetoric and the chest thumping.

Both Sides are convinced that theirs is the one TRUE WAY...

Here is a hint people.... BOTH ARE WRONG

since 2001 the left and right have taken up the same tactic. Character assassination.

NOBODY deals with issues
    NOBODY Seeks consensus
    NOBODY listens to the electorate that put them in office.

The Left and Right cant agree on even simple things anymore... Government is at a Standstill.

Our elected officials feel safe and protected in their positions. They have become the American version of the Houses of Commons and Lords... The very thing we fought to free ourselves from 242 years ago..

It has to stop... NOW... For the sake of this country it must end.

BOTH SIDES need to go back to the last time that both Left and Right actually worked together.

Both Sides need to pull back from the Fringes and move to the Center where they can reach consensus on the issues that matter to this country.

We need the Blue Dog Democrats and the Rockefeller Republicans to reassert their control of their respective parties.

We need the Nelson Rockefeller's, Lowell Weicker's, Zell Miller's and Joe Lieberman's back....

The Left and Right are BOTH purging themselves of their moderate elements...

In that direction lays folly....
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post

The Left Hates Trump and wants to impeach him and get him out... Not even wait for the election..

The Right has become as bad as the left with the Rhetoric and the chest thumping.

since 2001 the left and right have taken up the same tactic. Character assassination.

NOBODY deals with issues
    NOBODY Seeks consensus

The Left and Right cant agree on even simple things anymore... Government is at a Standstill.

Our elected officials feel safe and protected in their positions. They have become the American version of the Houses of Commons and Lords... The very thing we fought to free ourselves from 242 years ago..

BOTH SIDES need to go back to the last time that both Left and Right actually worked together.

Both Sides need to pull back from the Fringes and move to the Center where they can reach consensus on the issues that matter to this country.

We need the Blue Dog Democrats and the Rockefeller Republicans to reassert their control of their respective parties.

We need the Nelson Rockefeller's, Lowell Weicker's, Zell Miller's and Joe Lieberman's back....

Sounds reasonable on the face of it ... but, all this begs a rather important question ...

.. just how far should the Right go, to appease the Left ?

Americans voted to have Trump as their leader, their President. Trump has never, to my knowledge, been a natural appeaser ... YET ... the American public liked what they saw in him. Which surely suggests that a harder-line Right in American politics fits well with what The People would prefer.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

13. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Sounds reasonable on the face of it ... but, all this begs a rather important question ...

.. just how far should the Right go, to appease the Left ?

Americans voted to have Trump as their leader, their President. Trump has never, to my knowledge, been a natural appeaser ... YET ... the American public liked what they saw in him. Which surely suggests that a harder-line Right in American politics fits well with what The People would prefer.
    Did you forget the house flipped in historic fashion? Does that mean nothing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Pretty dang odd, once again.

Chucky Schumer is extremely adamant and against a border wall. All the democrats stand against the proposed wall. And why, when they so very recently stood similarly to that of Trump?

The fact that these words were fairly recent, and these people speak confidently, and stand wholeheartedly against ILLEGAL immigration. Through the 90's and much thereafter, the democrats stood against illegal immigration and supported border security out the wazoo.

And 'ol Chucky was a lead speaker, apparently.

What I find ridiculous is the left in general going along with "Government by obstruction". The only progress being made is in areas the Dems can't get to. Yet.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Did you forget the house flipped in historic fashion in 2010? Does that mean nothing?
    Fixed. And no we didn't forget.

18. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

NOBODY deals with issues
    NOBODY Seeks consensus

This will never happen. The only movement towards an agreement the left ever embraces is when the right caves and they get their way.

If you want to preach moving towards the center, then you need to talk to the democrats.

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So you complain about libs resisting when your entire presidents legacy is simply dismantling the previous admin? Real visionary there.
    The kenyan's legacy NEEDED dismantling. The nation was practically in RUINS after his GARBAGE... his FUNDAMENTAL TRANSFORMATION that the nation RESOUNDINGLY REJECTED.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-03-2019 at 01:59 PM.

22. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

NOBODY deals with issues
    NOBODY Seeks consensus

I mostly agree with your assessment. As a solution. As a hope? Nope. History dictates we will just continue marching left into the abyss. We can join the Greeks, Romans, et al in the pages of someone's history lessons as democracies/republics that died at their own hands. A lot of good teaching history has done when we have failed to learn from it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

24. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post