Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default MY my My...

@darin ... you're a car guy, bro, so I had to @ you... yes I just traded in my 2SS Camaro, but yes I'm also a car nut. I did it go get rid of the herd of vehicles for one super nice truck... but... damn... when I see stuff like this, it starts the gears turning in my head again... I have to stop at some point, but it's hard. With this new news... maaaaan... I've been a Corvette fan since I can remember, and I can also remember talk of a MID ENGINE Corvette way, WAY back, and now... 2020, it's happening. Problem is, the ZR1 is about $130K, and I imagine this new Vette will be even more. I'd have to win the damn lottery to buy one, but wow... they're doing a mid engine... I know I'll still rack my brain trying to figure out a way to own one. I probably have $100,000 worth of tools... maybe if I had my cousins come in and do a big auction for me... ... anyway... check this beast out... (there's a lot of other vids on youtube also)...

Darin, bonus vid, have you ever heard of these little super fast GO KARTS?

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-31-2018 at 12:32 AM.

2. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

We need an "automotive" forum... (?)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I had one...at one time...
    78 Lil' Red Truck
    Dodge released the Lil' Red Express Truck In 1978 it was one of the most unique Dodge trucks that had ever been produced.

The Lil' Red Express was not only a real looker but these trucks were also real performers also.
    In 1978 The Dodge Lil' Red Express was the fastest American made vehicle from 0 to 100 MPH as tested by Car and Driver magazine.

Because of a loophole in the emissions regulations the 1978 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck's did not have catalytic converters, what the Lil' Red Express did have was a special High Performance 360 C.I. 4-barrel small block engine code (EH1) which was a modified version of the 360 police engine (E58) producing 225 net horsepower @ 3800 RPM.

The package also included Hemi style mufflers with a crossover pipe breathing through 2 chrome stacks located behind the cab, a special 727 transmission and 3.55:1 rear gearing.
    The 1978 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck rode on GR60x15 raised white letter tires on 7-inch Chrome wheels up front and LR60x15 on 8-inch chrome wheels on the rear and there was no spare included.

All 1978 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck's were automatics the interiors were available with a standard bench seat in red or black or with optional buckets and a fold down arm/rest console which was available both years. 1978 and some early 1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck's used the "tuff" steering wheel.
    The Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck was a hit with the public; 2,188 were produced in 1978.
    <strong>

6. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    I had one...at one time...
    78 Lil' Red Truck
    Dodge released the Lil' Red Express Truck In 1978 it was one of the most unique Dodge trucks that had ever been produced.

The Lil' Red Express was not only a real looker but these trucks were also real performers also.
    In 1978 The Dodge Lil' Red Express was the fastest American made vehicle from 0 to 100 MPH as tested by Car and Driver magazine.

Because of a loophole in the emissions regulations the 1978 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck's did not have catalytic converters, what the Lil' Red Express did have was a special High Performance 360 C.I. 4-barrel small block engine code (EH1) which was a modified version of the 360 police engine (E58) producing 225 net horsepower @ 3800 RPM.

The package also included Hemi style mufflers with a crossover pipe breathing through 2 chrome stacks located behind the cab, a special 727 transmission and 3.55:1 rear gearing.
    The 1978 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck rode on GR60x15 raised white letter tires on 7-inch Chrome wheels up front and LR60x15 on 8-inch chrome wheels on the rear and there was no spare included.

All 1978 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck's were automatics the interiors were available with a standard bench seat in red or black or with optional buckets and a fold down arm/rest console which was available both years. 1978 and some early 1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck's used the "tuff" steering wheel.
    The Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck was a hit with the public; 2,188 were produced in 1978.
    <strong>
    Funny thing is, that 360 engine in the Little Red Express only had about 225hp. Says a lot about how detuned engines were back then.

The one in the vid is definitely NOT stock. You can hear that. It's been massaged.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Funny thing is, that 360 engine in the Little Red Express only had about 225hp. Says a lot about how detuned engines were back then.

The one in the vid is definitely NOT stock. You can hear that. It's been massaged.

Mine sounded exactly the same...what the article didnt mention it had a ( 340 Cam in it...and it was lumpy...Thats why I bought it...read about it and wanted something fast for the times...(did a lot of racing and man did I have fun...No one expected the truck to be that fast (for the time)

Bought mine Brand new in 1978 ...i was 19 then worked hard and had money...traded in a 78 turbo Buick Regal for it...below

Them days car companies tried to hide HP ratings...(even 225hp) was plenty for that light truck with 3:55 gears...and No catalytic converters as noted above...This truck was a pure factory hot-rod..exactly why I bought it..."sleeper"

"Because of a loophole in the emissions regulations the 1978 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck's did not have catalytic converters"

and it was loud!....here`s another exact sounding truck (like mine was) and the one above...all sounded the same...they were pure mean and evil...Im serious...

I really miss that truck...wish I didnt sell it...!!! quick rundown then video below...

"1978 Dodge Lil' Red Express Truck, 32,140 odometer mileage, VIN# D13B58J516161, 360ci 4-Barrel Small Block Engine, 727 Auto Trans, 3.55:1 Rear Gearing, Power Steering, Power Brakes, some minor restoration done over the years including new wood in truck bed and side panels. Engine was rebuilt in 2002 and truck is mechanically and structurally sound. Truck is very close to original condition minus the original dodge stereo which was replaced with a newer Sony AM-FM CD player. Wheels are aftermarket and same size as original wheels. has a few paint chips, Overall Good Clean Condition, Runs & Drives. Only 2188 of these were produced in 1978"

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 12-31-2018 at 01:31 AM.

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I had one of these, a 1970 AMC AMX with the Go Pack, and mine had the 4-speed like this one, very rare. THAT is the car I truly regret selling... but... when you're young, and these cars were a dime a dozen, you just didn't know...

11. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post