Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default GHWB in a Letter

He wrote this to a friend after little Robin's death:

"She Is Still with Us" by George H.W. Bush after the death of daughter Robin at 3 years old. Summer of 1958.
    "There is about our house a need. The running, pulsating restlessness of the four boys as they struggle to learn and grow; the world embraces them...all this wonder needs a counter-part. We need a legitimate Christmas angel-one who doesn't have cuffs beneath the dress.
    We need someone who's afraid of frogs. We need someone to cry when I get mad-not argue. We need a little one who can kiss without leaving egg or jam or gum.
    We need a girl. We had one once-she'd fight and cry and play and make her way just like the rest.
    But there was about her a certain softness. She was patient-her hugs were just a little less wiggly.
    Like them, she'd climb in to sleep with me but somehow she'd fit.
    Her peace made me feel strong, and so very important. 'My Daddy' had a caress, a certain ownership which touched a slightly different spot than the 'Hi Dad' I love so much.
    But she is still with us. We need her and yet we have her. We can't touch her, and yet we can feel her. We hope she'll stay in our house for a long, long time."
    It made my eyes leak to read this. What unending Love!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    He wrote this to a friend after little Robin's death:

It made my eyes leak to read this. What unending Love!
    Such could only be written by a man, a father that truly knew how to and did so love his daughter.
    Reading that gave me a new view on the man, deeper insight and a reevaluation of him.
    As I myself, have suffered the loss at birth, of a baby boy and a baby girl, many decades ago.
    Such epic grief, leaves a deep scar that never heals my friend.. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Thanks Drummond, Abbey Marie, Elessar thanked this post