Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    54,801
    Thanks (Given)
    6881
    Thanks (Received)
    24467
    Likes (Given)
    2122
    Likes (Received)
    2254
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475531

    Default Tax up to 70%! Ocasio-Cortez

    Robin Hood is here to save the day!!

    ---

    Ocasio-Cortez compares herself to Lincoln, FDR: ‘Call me a radical’

    New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is going to save America with a “Green New Deal,” and she’s not opposed to jacking taxes up to 70 percent to push “a lot of rapid change that we don’t even conceive as possible right now.”

    The 29-year-old socialist sat down with CNN’s Anderson Cooper for an interview set to air this weekend in which she compares herself to Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt and other so-called “radicals” in American history.

    Rest - http://www.theamericanmirror.com/oca...-me-a-radical/


    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Suggests Super Wealthy be Taxed Up to 70% to Fund ‘Green New Deal’

    Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sat with Anderson Cooper for an upcoming 60 Minutes interview set to air this Sunday, a portion of which has been released as a promotion. In the released segment, Ocasio-Cortez reveals how exactly she suggests paying for the environmental agenda known as the “Green New Deal” — with remarkably higher tax rates for the super wealthy.

    Ocasio-Cortez suggests in the clip that in her esteem, people should be doing more to pay their “fair share.” When Cooper pressed on how she could possibly pay for the deal, she pointed to the progressive tax rate system in the 1960s, explaining that if you earn 0 to $75,000 a year, you would only pay 10% or 15% in income tax.

    She continued:

    “But once you get to the tippie tops, on your $10 millionth, sometimes you see tax rates as high as 60% or 70%. That doesn’t mean all $10 million are taxed at an extremely high rate. But it means that as you climb up this ladder, you should be contributing more.”

    Rest - https://www.atr.org/ocasio-cortez-ta...te-new-yorkers


    Ocasio-Cortez Tax Plan Creates 82.7% Top Income Tax Rate for New Yorkers

    In an upcoming 60 Minutes interview, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) will call for federal income tax rates of up to 70 percent as part of a proposal to create vast new government spending programs.

    The current top federal income tax rate is 37 percent, so the Ocasio-Cortez plan will nearly double the tax rate for the top bracket.

    New York State has a top income tax rate of 8.82 percent while New York City has a top rate of 3.876 percent. So under this proposal, her constituents would pay a top combined income tax rate of 82.7 percent:

    Federal income tax rate: 70.0%
    NY state income tax rate: 8.82%
    NYC income tax rate: 3.876%
    TOTAL: 82.696%

    New Yorkers would not be the only ones suffering under the Ocasio-Cortez plan. California taxpayers would pay a top rate of 83.3 percent (70 percent plus the California rate of 13.30 percent).

    In addition to this high income tax rate, taxpayers would remain impacted by other taxes including payroll taxes, taxes on capital gains income and dividends, and the death tax.

    Further, while Ocasio-Cortez has not released details of any other tax hikes to pay for her plan, this would likely not be the only income tax increase if she had her way. For instance, Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) proposed a $2 trillion 2.2 percent payroll tax on all families and a $10 trillion 6.2 percent payroll tax on all businesses as part of his socialized healthcare plan.

    Rest - https://www.atr.org/ocasio-cortez-ta...te-new-yorkers
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    33,650
    Thanks (Given)
    18338
    Thanks (Received)
    18238
    Likes (Given)
    49
    Likes (Received)
    2994
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Robin Hood is here to save the day!!

    ---

    Ocasio-Cortez compares herself to Lincoln, FDR: ‘Call me a radical’

    New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is going to save America with a “Green New Deal,” and she’s not opposed to jacking taxes up to 70 percent to push “a lot of rapid change that we don’t even conceive as possible right now.”

    The 29-year-old socialist sat down with CNN’s Anderson Cooper for an interview set to air this weekend in which she compares herself to Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt and other so-called “radicals” in American history.

    Rest - http://www.theamericanmirror.com/oca...-me-a-radical/


    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Suggests Super Wealthy be Taxed Up to 70% to Fund ‘Green New Deal’

    Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sat with Anderson Cooper for an upcoming 60 Minutes interview set to air this Sunday, a portion of which has been released as a promotion. In the released segment, Ocasio-Cortez reveals how exactly she suggests paying for the environmental agenda known as the “Green New Deal” — with remarkably higher tax rates for the super wealthy.

    Ocasio-Cortez suggests in the clip that in her esteem, people should be doing more to pay their “fair share.” When Cooper pressed on how she could possibly pay for the deal, she pointed to the progressive tax rate system in the 1960s, explaining that if you earn 0 to $75,000 a year, you would only pay 10% or 15% in income tax.

    She continued:

    “But once you get to the tippie tops, on your $10 millionth, sometimes you see tax rates as high as 60% or 70%. That doesn’t mean all $10 million are taxed at an extremely high rate. But it means that as you climb up this ladder, you should be contributing more.”

    Rest - https://www.atr.org/ocasio-cortez-ta...te-new-yorkers


    Ocasio-Cortez Tax Plan Creates 82.7% Top Income Tax Rate for New Yorkers

    In an upcoming 60 Minutes interview, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) will call for federal income tax rates of up to 70 percent as part of a proposal to create vast new government spending programs.

    The current top federal income tax rate is 37 percent, so the Ocasio-Cortez plan will nearly double the tax rate for the top bracket.

    New York State has a top income tax rate of 8.82 percent while New York City has a top rate of 3.876 percent. So under this proposal, her constituents would pay a top combined income tax rate of 82.7 percent:

    Federal income tax rate: 70.0%
    NY state income tax rate: 8.82%
    NYC income tax rate: 3.876%
    TOTAL: 82.696%

    New Yorkers would not be the only ones suffering under the Ocasio-Cortez plan. California taxpayers would pay a top rate of 83.3 percent (70 percent plus the California rate of 13.30 percent).

    In addition to this high income tax rate, taxpayers would remain impacted by other taxes including payroll taxes, taxes on capital gains income and dividends, and the death tax.

    Further, while Ocasio-Cortez has not released details of any other tax hikes to pay for her plan, this would likely not be the only income tax increase if she had her way. For instance, Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) proposed a $2 trillion 2.2 percent payroll tax on all families and a $10 trillion 6.2 percent payroll tax on all businesses as part of his socialized healthcare plan.

    Rest - https://www.atr.org/ocasio-cortez-ta...te-new-yorkers
    Uh huh. How many rich Dems anyone think is going to for this crap?

    Ocasio-Cortez is a loon
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,303
    Thanks (Given)
    233
    Thanks (Received)
    322
    Likes (Given)
    337
    Likes (Received)
    99
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'll still take her over racist Steve King. So there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    54,801
    Thanks (Given)
    6881
    Thanks (Received)
    24467
    Likes (Given)
    2122
    Likes (Received)
    2254
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I'll still take her over racist Steve King. So there.
    Yeah, great, yet another one of your one liner bullshit, veering off topic in every thread you do so, as opposed to the actual topic/discussion. You just open a thread, read a little, and then vomit out your one liners left and right thinking you are just that so great.
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,303
    Thanks (Given)
    233
    Thanks (Received)
    322
    Likes (Given)
    337
    Likes (Received)
    99
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yeah, great, yet another one of your one liner bullshit, veering off topic in every thread you do so, as opposed to the actual topic/discussion. You just open a thread, read a little, and then vomit out your one liners left and right thinking you are just that so great.
    About as useful as your first post one liner. Your forum, but dont bash me for doing exactly what you do. You write one or two liner and then big quotes. What is the value in that?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    33,650
    Thanks (Given)
    18338
    Thanks (Received)
    18238
    Likes (Given)
    49
    Likes (Received)
    2994
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I'll still take her over racist Steve King. So there.
    That's "IT"? That's the best you got?

    You don't have to take the drink, y'know ...
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    22,876
    Thanks (Given)
    6938
    Thanks (Received)
    11513
    Likes (Given)
    140
    Likes (Received)
    1167
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475145

    Default Thanks petey...

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I'll still take her over racist Steve King. So there.
    Most all of us have learned....from you. Those who always accuse others, as you did, of being a RACIST. Usually...because you are a Liberal, are merely covering-up, Your Own Racist attitudes to disguise who you really are. Do you still have living members of your family that are active KKK members petey?????
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks (Given)
    325
    Thanks (Received)
    551
    Likes (Given)
    45
    Likes (Received)
    73
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3849866

    Default Tax up to 70%! Ocasio-Cortez

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an Econ 101 and an American history drop out. She’s got a bad cases of Marxist-Leninist atrophy of the brain.

    1. The ‘radicals’ who founded this country did so as rebellion against oppressive taxation by the British Crown .... I think 70 percent tax rate qualifies as oppressive

    2. The radicals who wrote the Constitution that this twat is sworn to uphold believed in a small Federal Government with limited powers. Little Miss Marx’s plan to dictate which type of energy source we should use to heat our homes does not even remotely fit in with the Founding Fathers’ idea of what this country should be like

    3. If Congresswoman Cortez wants to see just how well policies such as the ones she proposes work, I suggest she visit North Korea or Cuba... perhaps on a permanent basis. While there, she can experience first hand impoverishment, hunger, and cold that those fortunate enough to live in her so called workers utopia experience on a daily basis.

    But then....

    Who said anything about this **** having to live under her own policies? No, she and all her Commie buddies will be sure to put loopholes into their proposed laws to ensure, if passed, that they will have plenty of food to eat, and plenty of fossil fuels to heat their homes.

    Her bullshit only applies to deplorables like you and me, not to Country Club Commies like Cortez, Sanders, Obama, and Pelosi.

    What kind of insane asylum inmates voted for this one woman national disaster?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "....we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,..." - Sir Winston Churchill June 4, 1940

  9. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,913
    Thanks (Given)
    5304
    Thanks (Received)
    5744
    Likes (Given)
    318
    Likes (Received)
    1040
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18882232

    Default

    Just wait until she is 35.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    22,876
    Thanks (Given)
    6938
    Thanks (Received)
    11513
    Likes (Given)
    140
    Likes (Received)
    1167
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475145

    Default What kind????

    Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an Econ 101 and an American history drop out. She’s got a bad cases of Marxist-Leninist atrophy of the brain.

    1. The ‘radicals’ who founded this country did so as rebellion against oppressive taxation by the British Crown .... I think 70 percent tax rate qualifies as oppressive

    2. The radicals who wrote the Constitution that this twat is sworn to uphold believed in a small Federal Government with limited powers. Little Miss Marx’s plan to dictate which type of energy source we should use to heat our homes does not even remotely fit in with the Founding Fathers’ idea of what this country should be like

    3. If Congresswoman Cortez wants to see just how well policies such as the ones she proposes work, I suggest she visit North Korea or Cuba... perhaps on a permanent basis. While there, she can experience first hand impoverishment, hunger, and cold that those fortunate enough to live in her so called workers utopia experience on a daily basis.

    But then....

    Who said anything about this **** having to live under her own policies? No, she and all her Commie buddies will be sure to put loopholes into their proposed laws to ensure, if passed, that they will have plenty of food to eat, and plenty of fossil fuels to heat their homes.

    Her bullshit only applies to deplorables like you and me, not to Country Club Commies like Cortez, Sanders, Obama, and Pelosi.

    What kind of insane asylum inmates voted for this one woman national disaster?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kinda reminds me of the expression....."The Blind, Leading The Blind!" Only Selfish, Lazy, Un-educated, and UNDER-educated people who are easily-led by liars, and never question anything that sounds like "IT'S GOOD FOR ME" believe in Socialism. As Margaret Thatcher once said.... "The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money."
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

  12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks (Given)
    325
    Thanks (Received)
    551
    Likes (Given)
    45
    Likes (Received)
    73
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3849866

    Default Tax up to 70%! Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Just wait until she is 35.
    Nature cannot sustain insanity. It has an abhorrence to lunacy and Madame Moonbat is neck and neck with those who wear tinfoil hats.

    The New Deal was declared Unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

    The Green New Deal won’t make it past the Senate (perhaps not even past the committee that has the bad luck to have read this nonsense). If not, it will be vetoed by President Trump.

    And when she’s 35 people will be calling her Madame Bartender... not Madame President because, as I said, Nature cannot sustain insanity


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "....we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,..." - Sir Winston Churchill June 4, 1940

  14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    33,650
    Thanks (Given)
    18338
    Thanks (Received)
    18238
    Likes (Given)
    49
    Likes (Received)
    2994
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Nature cannot sustain insanity. It has an abhorrence to lunacy and Madame Moonbat is neck and neck with those who wear tinfoil hats.

    The New Deal was declared Unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

    The Green New Deal won’t make it past the Senate (perhaps not even past the committee that has the bad luck to have read this nonsense). If not, it will be vetoed by President Trump.

    And when she’s 35 people will be calling her Madame Bartender... not Madame President because, as I said, Nature cannot sustain insanity


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If this "Green New Deal" is anywhere as comprehensible as her other comments to the media it won't get past the first desk. She is completely nonsensical. How'd she even get out of first grade? We already know the bar to getting up the ladder in the Democratic Party doesn't require any substance nor form.
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks (Given)
    325
    Thanks (Received)
    551
    Likes (Given)
    45
    Likes (Received)
    73
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3849866

    Default Tax up to 70%! Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    If this "Green New Deal" is anywhere as comprehensible as her other comments to the media it won't get past the first desk. She is completely nonsensical. How'd she even get out of first grade? We already know the bar to getting up the ladder in the Democratic Party doesn't require any substance nor form.
    Here is one part of the problem.

    Simply by edict, she expects to convert the entire US economy from one that uses fossil fuels to one that uses solar and wind power in 10 YEARS!

    Technologically, that cannot happen, economically even less likely. At least 20 percent of our economy is energy, not to mention... the transportation sector, which is 15 percent, the housing sector, which nearly 30 percent.... and our economy is 15 Trillion dollars.

    She might as well be saying that by 2030, the law of gravity will be repealed and that anyone obeying it will face a fine.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "....we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,..." - Sir Winston Churchill June 4, 1940

  17. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    22,876
    Thanks (Given)
    6938
    Thanks (Received)
    11513
    Likes (Given)
    140
    Likes (Received)
    1167
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475145

    Default Wonder if Ocasio has ever flown in a SOLAR, or WIND powered 747???

    About her 70% Tax. That's actually a funny one. Even if Washington Taxed all 325 Million American's at 100%...much less 70%. Including The Billionaires....She would fall short, and have to ask China, Russia, S. Korea, Australia, and all of Europe to help us pay for GREEN everything.

    So...she is now my newest....
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

  18. #15
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    6,508
    Thanks (Given)
    3021
    Thanks (Received)
    3028
    Likes (Given)
    2959
    Likes (Received)
    1668
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15732440

    Default

    I guarantee you, there's rich dems behind the scenes that love their money that have been whispering in Pelosi's ear, YOU NEED TO GET THIS LITTLE MORON UNDER CONTROL.
    THE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING:

    ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, AP, ESPN, BET, TBS, WASHPO, HUFF'N PUFF, MEDIA MATTERS, USA Today, BLOOMBURG, The ATLANTIC, The GUARDIAN, AXIOS, Salon, MOVEON, DU, SNOPES, POLITICO, NY SLIMES, COMPLEX, RUETTERS, YAHOO NEWS, FACEBOOK NEWS, twitter, GQ, NEWSWEEK, Gallup, EBONY, GOOGLE SEARCH, BING, VOX, and the list goes on...

    Democrats are the party of trash, the angry democrat MOB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •