Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default House Takes Steps To Open Govt, Democrats To Introduce Series Of Bills To Fund Activi

The newly democrat-controlled House of Representatives is taking up a series of bills in a bad to end the partial government shutdown.
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sent out a tweet on Saturday, outlining the party’s agenda for ending the shutdown.
    She says the House will be introducing individual appropriations bills in order to get government agencies up and running.
    At the top of the list is the Department of Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service.
    Pelosi says the move would take necessary action to make sure working families receive their tax refunds on schedule.
    https://www.oann.com/house-takes-ste...nd-activities/

How do the Dems think this back-dooring the process is going to work if no one else goes along? And I LOVE the "so hard working people can get their tax returns" shit. I'll forego my return in a freakin' heartbeat to leave the IRS shut down.

House Dems STILL have to get past the Senate and the President, neither of which they control. They're going to have to deal with the fact that they are dead in the water without either.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

And no wall

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    https://www.oann.com/house-takes-ste...nd-activities/

How do the Dems think this back-dooring the process is going to work if no one else goes along? And I LOVE the "so hard working people can get their tax returns" shit. I'll forego my return in a freakin' heartbeat to leave the IRS shut down.

House Dems STILL have to get past the Senate and the President, neither of which they control. They're going to have to deal with the fact that they are dead in the water without either.

Should be great theater to watch the Party of Resistance and Obstruction morph into a governing Party

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    And no wall
    Here's what I don't get and it's putting the "D" in "Dumbo-crat". So they cave a bit on funding for the wall. What does that mean in REAL time?

Somewhere down the road someone will eventually begin work on the wall. We already know this is just a stall, hoping for a Dem to get into the Oval Office and back-burner the whole plan to its demise. And time IS on their side as long as everyone continues to play the game their way.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Here's what I don't get and it's putting the "D" in "Dumbo-crat". So they cave a bit on funding for the wall. What does that mean in REAL time?

Somewhere down the road someone will eventually begin work on the wall. We already know this is just a stall, hoping for a Dem to get into the Oval Office and back-burner the whole plan to its demise. And time IS on their side as long as everyone continues to play the game their way.
    I heard cryin chuck suggested a fence. When I heard that I wondered if he was ready to deal.
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 01-06-2019 at 03:18 PM.